3D-Daz 3D-Blender Looking for Feedback on Render

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
The figure was posed mostly in DAZ and exported to Blender for rendering.

Pointing out flaws in the posing, lighting, composition, character, etc. would be appreciated. From what I can see, I think the tan lines are a little wonky near the right shoulder. Maybe the strands of hair on the right are covering the eye?

Composition-wise I think it feels unbalanced; the bottom left corner looks empty. I'm still trying to figure out how to position the camera and the character in relation to the camera. boardwalk.png

If anyone has any advice on post processing I'd love to hear it as well. I'm not sure if the lighting can be improved in post with a filter because most of the lighting came from a HDRI and it looks kind of flat.

Reactions: CLBlisse

CLBlisse

Apr 16, 2022
It's a good render and well framed.

I'd personally make the lighting a little weaker on one side and stronger on the other to give it more noticeable shadows.

The composition part is easily fixable with a tighter crop.

Reactions: 0ier 3D

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Thanks for the response! I was worried that changing the lighting too drastically would make it look unrealistic because it's set outside. I'll try and experiment with different setups.

Any thoughts on the character itself?

CLBlisse

Apr 16, 2022
Any thoughts on the character itself?
Well I definitely like the proportions but that's all personal preference.

Also, I saw your post on the daz art thread earlier. How did you get the skin to look so soft? Is it a filter or just lighting?
That image actually has super basic 3-point lighting.

It's a with a glossy texture map over the top of it. You can partially emulate it by turning up the reflectivity of the skin in daz shader settings. I made that particular overlay myself but you can get a product called "Wet And Tanned Skins For Genesis 8" that does exactly the same thing.

I'm not sure how it'd export to blender though.

Reactions: 0ier 3D

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
That image actually has super basic 3-point lighting.
That's pretty cool.

I actually used the "Wet And Tanned Skins for G8" for the tan lines, but haven't checked out the wet options yet. The plugin I used for exporting (diffeomorphic) doesn't support custom shaders, but the developer recently added support for recreating the shaders in blender.

Thanks for the tips.