[R> Other] Paid Share Unpaid Looking For Free Developers To Make Games Together

Jan 5, 2022
Project:
- It will be decided by us.

Developer:
- It will mainly be you but I will be a writer and tester etc.

Looking for:
- Developers whom are free for a new project.

Employment Type:
- It will be a colab like together working for the game so it can be a free community project, shared revenue if you desire via funding or you can take all the money lol.

Work commitment:
- I have many concepts so we can talk and devine on which one or ones to make or maybe come up with something completely different.

Preferred method of contact:
- Discord: Sadie#5110

Job Description:
- It ain't a job really, just looking for devs to partner up with and make a game together.

Additional comments:
- I already have an irl job and work to do so mine is a pure artistic and hobby type of deal so money is not what I desire from it but creating something great for the community of our smut consumers, lmao.

Last edited:

Soulonus

Dec 23, 2021
If I understand correctly you will do the script and art? Can you share some examples of your art style?

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
If I understand correctly you will do the script and art? Can you share some examples of your art style?
Oh no. He's just got the ideas. He's looking for someone to make the art and code the game.
:D

RareRed

Oct 8, 2018
Project:
- It will be decided by us.

Developer:
- It will mainly be you but I will be a writer and tester etc.
I'm also interested in this as I have an artist (friend) who would do the art for free (probably we'd have to talk about it), I'd like to code a game myself, but i'd need someone to point me in the right direction to learn other than college as I have a full time job 5am-2pm that I can learn (depending on what type of game were making) in my free time. IDC about revenue. Nore does the artist.

example of art.

Cod screen shot.
1641753597890.png
whatever the fuck we turned it into >.>

he can also do redraws. 1641753688337.png

redrawn
1641753712942.png

Last edited:

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Your intention may be the best, but you should know that, unfortunately, many of us are first-rate "writers".
(Which by the way is not the same a brainstorm than writing a script and the psyche of the characters, the background, but whatever).
Depending on the level you are thinking you will need a good programmer in renpy, making a sandbox (well, with real changes and consequences in the world) is very hard!
Doing the 3d or 2d also, when you are alone, then you take dimension of this.
I mean, if I only write, I would make a story with 150 characters (say), but then, programming for 150 characters, creating renders or drawing for 150 characters.
I don't know if you understand what I mean.
I encourage you to start experimenting first; if your pc is a toaster (like mine) you can always experiment with Honey Selects 1, and if you have more patience with The Klub 17, with clearer ideas, maybe you can formulate or understand why this order is difficult to work.
Best regards!

Reactions: Choo-choo

nod24

May 4, 2017
you will need a good programmer in renpy, making a sandbox
This is not possible with this engine. Just technically, even with a very good programmer and money.

I remember trying to make an engine with one person, just for sandboxes, but we had a falling out and it got up. He then wants to make real-time save for the editor, then the interface editor, then something else to close up the crazy. And I needed a simple and convenient editor to implement something simple.

You can see the link ... if it still works.

Reactions: CyberLoli

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
No offense, but most of all those present on the site are not able to put two words together. And those who can, graphomaniacs - whose writings no one reads.
In my particular case, the translation kills me.
But that's why I mean "writers" (in quotation marks), then there are many designers with a powerful pc or guys who know how to draw, you can see their writing! (and not for being good) But it is effective, have you read Big Brother, Milf City or Summertime, when I could see them in Spanish? God! embarrassing, but then I said "hey it's functional to what it's about!"

This is not possible with this engine. Just technically, even with a very good programmer and money.

I remember trying to make an engine with one person, just for sandboxes, but we had a falling out and it got up. He then wants to make real-time save for the editor, then the interface editor, then something else to close up the crazy. And I needed a simple and convenient editor to implement something simple.

Which link? (I don't get to see it)
When I say "sandbox" (whose description I don't agree with) I mean point and click, not a real sandbox (as I use translator it gets a bit lost when translating, so I clarify).
Within this category you can do very interesting things, myself, more like adventure games, with items that really work, characters that are in a place depending on the time and day, places that react depending on certain factors.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020

With all due respect, that really depends on your definition. A sandbox game is commonly just a game that can go on indefinitely. As long as you have a little bit of programming know-how, that's not remotely close to being hard to make. Usually, the issues start when you want to make a good sandbox, but that is not so hard either if you know what you're doing.

nod24

May 4, 2017
you can see their writing!
These projects were only successful as a demonstration of the idea. All offered non-linear play and were quite good in content. They made a good first impression, even though the main theme was primitive incest.

However, then everything quickly rolled downhill. The work began to drown in bugs. Sandboxes did not work out of them either. Everything has degenerated into a linear plot, well, and some independent storylines. And the content in the emotionless fuck.

I'm serious. If people read the first patches with interest, then somewhere in the middle the players skipped everything. The author just riveted the content while he was being paid. Then high-quality art ceased to be interesting, because they did not have any curious sexual or plot background.

DMD - was also popular, but in the same place, which patch is the same. Father fucks daughter. Nothing more. No intrigue or perverse fantasies.

This is about what kind of "writers" are here.

And what about sandboxes specifically. Renpai is not suitable for them. At all. Even with a good programmer, the author literally has nothing to work on. There is no tool on which it is convenient to write a sandbox or a project with complex non-pyramidal branching.

The rest of the engines are to hug and cry. I don’t know what it’s like to write a plot on them, but it’s unpleasant to play for sure.

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
These projects were only successful as a demonstration of the idea. All offered non-linear play and were quite good in content. They made a good first impression, even though the main theme was primitive incest.

However, then everything quickly rolled downhill. The work began to drown in bugs. Sandboxes did not work out of them either. Everything has degenerated into a linear plot, well, and some independent storylines. And the content in the emotionless fuck.

I'm serious. If people read the first patches with interest, then somewhere in the middle the players skipped everything. The author just riveted the content while he was being paid. Then high-quality art ceased to be interesting, because they did not have any curious sexual or plot background.

DMD - was also popular, but in the same place, which patch is the same. Father fucks daughter. Nothing more. No intrigue or perverse fantasies.

This is about what kind of "writers" are here.

And what about sandboxes specifically. Renpai is not suitable for them. At all. Even with a good programmer, the author literally has nothing to work on. There is no tool on which it is convenient to write a sandbox or a project with complex non-pyramidal branching.

The rest of the engines are to hug and cry. I don’t know what it’s like to write a plot on them, but it’s unpleasant to play for sure.
Sandbox unfortunately the Devs see it as a grind for the milker.
It has its pros and cons, it depends on what you want to tell/show.
Lucky Paradox is one of the few that seems to me to make good use of the Point & Click + NSFW system.
I like Point And Click because I'm in love with those retro games and I always wanted something NSFW in that style.
Point & Click & Renpy gives many possibilities, the issue is (as you also wrote) that it doesn't choke you and play against the development.

nod24

May 4, 2017
A sandbox game is commonly just a game that can go on indefinitely.
From a writer's point of view, a simple example:

You have a doll made up of different sets - arms, legs, torso, head. The task of the writer is to make the world seem alive and give some kind of feedback on actions and appearance in aggregate.

This is already a sandbox.

This is mathematically impossible. As in renpai, having a bunch of variables and actions of the protagonist in hand, to deduce from this billions of possible endings for each individual scene ... You can even speak of billions of endings of the entire game, since in renpai everything inevitably comes down to this.

However, you can create an illusion, provided that all these meanings are in front of the writer and, preferably, the artist. Otherwise, he DOES NOT SEE AND DOES NOT UNDERSTAND what he is doing at this particular moment.

Even in renpai, with a simple branching, it's easy to get confused and write crap. Maybe for this reason projects are rapidly degenerating.

You start to think more about some kind of crap, like stats and bugs, the correspondence of the text to the visual image, and not about the content and its quality.

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Something else turns out to be too difficult.

Morally outdated. Although, the old games from the 90s with real actors were good.
Yes totally, I like them for nostalgia and personal taste.
I like it when you can explore, discover, talk to the characters, but sometimes the story doesn't allow for that.

One thing that plays against, even if you do it "well" is that if your story is complex, the sandbox or point & click can make the player disconnect the story, unless you play it "perfectly" and we know that doesn't happen, at least at first.

This is a small video showing how the items affect the characters (also affect areas or places).

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Your intention may be the best, but you should know that, unfortunately, many of us are first-rate "writers".
(Which by the way is not the same a brainstorm than writing a script and the psyche of the characters, the background, but whatever).
Depending on the level you are thinking you will need a good programmer in renpy, making a sandbox (well, with real changes and consequences in the world) is very hard!
Doing the 3d or 2d also, when you are alone, then you take dimension of this.
I mean, if I only write, I would make a story with 150 characters (say), but then, programming for 150 characters, creating renders or drawing for 150 characters.
I don't know if you understand what I mean.
I encourage you to start experimenting first; if your pc is a toaster (like mine) you can always experiment with Honey Selects 1, and if you have more patience with The Klub 17, with clearer ideas, maybe you can formulate or understand why this order is difficult to work.
Best regards!
Actually... A LOT of developers are not highly skilled at writing. There is some demand for writers of adult games. As you say some developers are the total package & a 1 man show, but a lot do need writing help because English isn't their first langauge, or they hate writing, or they are just not good at writing. It's a skill not all developers have, and often I see it go over looked.

Also, why are you gonna write a story with 150 people in it? You trying to build a town or a game? If you got 150 characters in a story how are most of them going to have any focus and depth? It's possible to make a good story with just a handful of characters or even just 2. For example trapped on an island with a girl... That has potential for a good story 1 on 1 get to know the girl. (Sometimes even just 1, but not sure how good that would be for a sexual game maybe an F-solo game?)

Even games with a massive cast like AWAM, or Being a Dik don't hit that 100 character mark.

Jhon1885

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2018
Actually... A LOT of developers are not highly skilled at writing. There is some demand for writers of adult games. As you say some developers are the total package & a 1 man show, but a lot do need writing help because English isn't their first langauge, or they hate writing, or they are just not good at writing. It's a skill not all developers have, and often I see it go over looked.

Also, why are you gonna write a story with 150 people in it? You trying to build a town or a game? If you got 150 characters in a story how are most of them going to have any focus and depth? It's possible to make a good story with just a handful of characters or even just 2. For example trapped on an island with a girl... That has potential for a good story 1 on 1 get to know the girl. (Sometimes even just 1, but not sure how good that would be for a sexual game maybe an F-solo game?)

Even games with a massive cast like AWAM, or Being a Dik don't hit that 100 character mark.
Well one of my main problems in F95 (not so much in other platforms) is the translation, although a friend corrects , he is not native, and sometimes I leave Deepl's translation, because it's a lot of text and a lot of conversations.

As for the questions; 150 is an exaggeration but let's go with 68 which is the number that one of my VN's handles without counting other characters.

Also, why are you going to write a story with 150 people - are you trying to build a city or a game?
-In the VN there are thousands of years of Lore, which are not for decoration, being dark fantasy, many Millennial characters can appear.
-There are also several factions (with their thousands of years of history) each one has its handful of characters, and there are also subdivisions in them.

If you have 150 characters in a story, how are most of them going to have any focus and depth?
-Like a spider web (they have been compared to Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones), they are the ones who build the plot; like a spider web, they were created "by the environment"; there is no czar, and they interacted and created all the backstory, "they were already created"; I just had to write them. (The VN outside of NSFW can be sustained very easily).

-I've noticed a bad habit of "filling" with unnecessary dialogues, the VN is almost 110K and it's enough for you to know them, there are characters that evolve a lot, that practically are "another character", there are some that literally are, depending on the timeline.

The VN has 2 codices for those who want to deepen on previous events, factions or characters that by the narrative can not be given all the background; even so, by the complex and the problem of translation I opened a thread to resolve doubts of the plot.
But most likely it will die there, that is to say, to complain is at ease, to clear doubts, go and pass.
But the intention is there!

Love MorteM Lore

RickyPhatts

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2022
Does this need to be in Renpy for some reason? Why not make the jump over to Unity. Got a full blown plethora of tools if you have a little cash to back you up... Just food for thought