[R>Artist 2D] [R> Other] [R>Programmer] Unpaid Looking for help with Community Project - Something ReImagined (Something Unlimited Ren'Py UNOFFICIAL F95Zone community port)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Project:
Something ReImagined, a FOR FREE Community effort to re-imagine the Unity game Something Unlimited using Ren'Py. More info here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-su...npy-demo-community-development-thread.144779/

Developer:
- It's an F95Zone Community effort, OhWee is the 'point man' of sorts. This is an UNOFFICIAL and unsanctioned community effort by F95Zone community members to re-imagine SU using Ren'Py.

Looking for:
- Ren'Py/Python coders
also 2D artists (AI artwork is fine, see below)

Employment Type:
Unpaid!!! This is a For Free F95Zone community project, being created for fellow SU fans in the F95Zone community!

Work commitment:
- One off project, Short term and Long term, as your time permits.

Preferred method of contact:
- Contact me ( OhWee ) via DM here on F95Zone, or via the SU Re-Imagined thread in Programming & Development section of this forum. I'm NOT doing the Discord thing as I want to keep discussions, etc. here on F95Zone, for reasons...

Job Description:
- We are actually in need of a few things/people.

1) People to help transcribe/recreate scenes/content from the Unity version of the game into the community project, using extracted artwork and dialogues (we have extracted dialogues in a Ren'Py sort of format already, just need to transcribe these and incorporate the various sprites). This mainly involves putting together girl packs and such for the associated characters. This is the main thing that we need right now!

2) An 'artwork/content director'. The idea here is to put various Sprite Re-Mix/Fan Art to good use in ReImagined. This could involve creating new scenes for said art later, but for right now it'd be nice to have someone that could focus on this. Note that there ia an associated Sprite ReMix/Fanart thread for this.

3) Artwork assistance. We are also looking to add newly created content of existing and new characters into this mix, using both modified versions of existing artwork in the SR7 style, as well as new AI artwork in said SR7 style. See the Sprite ReMix/Fanart thread for examples of this.

3) Someone to assist (mainly me) with various coding stuff. I've been focused on creating a new interface and streamlining the gameplay, and while I don't do badly with Ren'Py, Python is still not my jam. So it'd be nice to have someone that could assist with a number of 'loose ends' and perhaps help design some new things and work a few things out...

Additional comments:

As stated above, this is a FOR FREEunofficial and unaffiliated community effort to make a more 'mod friendly' re-imagined version of Something Unlimited using Ren'Py as the framework. SU Unity has a number of bugs and such, and a lot of people would like to see more 'fan made' content made available as mods, etc. for this game. Note that while Gunsmoke Games is aware of our efforts (and is beginning to explore the possibility of a''modded versions/remakes' via their own Discord channel), this is mainly a F95Zone community project, which is FOR FREE. No Patreon, Subscribestar, Discord, etc. is being set up for this project as the goal is to keep the efforts here, and to not monetize this in any way.

Note that we encourage people to support Gunsmoke Games if they are so inclined, this is just an effort to re-imagine the game using Ren'Py. The Unity version is currently rather buggy and has issues, which is a source of frustration. Also, development on the Unity version is a bit slow, and there's a lot of 'loose ends' and fan-made content that people also want to see...

The SU ReImagined thread has a couple of playable demos (SU REImagined as well as SU Rebuilt) that you can check out, to see the progress made on ReImagined and Rebuilt so far, and there's a number of screenshots of what we have so far, should you wish to check things out!

Note that there's a 'sister' effort, SU Rebuilt, which is currently being spearheaded by xMendoza , which is also being discussed in the ReImagined thread. xMendoza is looking to make a 'more faithful' Ren'Py port, while ReImagined is looking to explore new areas as well as porting over existing content. If that effort interests you more, feel free to reach out to xMendoza via DM here as well!

I'm posting this request in the hopes that we can find more people to help with the transcription/girlpack efforts, so that this effort can develop more quickly. A number of people are interested in seeing this effort move forward, and it's be nice to have more help in this effort!

As mentioned above, we'd also like to start adding new content, but of course right now there's a lot of existing content that needs to be transcribed.

For those looking to dip their feet in Ren'Py game development and get some experience under their belts, this might be an excellent opportunity. I don't mind helping people figure various things out and discussing what we've set up so far r.e. the framework/coding, if you are willing to put in the effort!

We (myself and others currently helping out with this project as their limited time permist) are looking forward to finding like-minded individuals to help with this project!
OhWee
:cool:

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just bumping this. Still looking for people to help with this project!

The game backbone is mostly in place at this point. I'm still adding backbone stuff here and there, but at this point the main focus is transcribing existing content as well as creating some new stuff.

As mentioned above, the existing dialogue and sprites has been extracted already, so if you are looking to learn how to code scenes in Ren'Py to get your feet wet so to speak, this is an excellent opportunity, and will make a number of people happy down the road... Note that you are allowed some flexibility in recreating this content, and expanding upon the existing dialogue and artwork is allowed if you are so inclined. This is ReImagined after all!

We are also looking to add new content, that you probably won't see in SU Unity anytime soon. This is a community effort, and part of the point of all this is to allow people to add new content as well as revisit the existing content in a new light.

It also might be fun to add some new gameplay ideas/concept (I'm already doing a bit of this myself and we are exploring various ideas in the development thread), but of course right now the main focus is on the 'core story'.

Again, this is a FOR FREE, F95Zone community effort, which is being made by fans for fans that love the SU Unity game concept/story and want something to whet their appetites in between SU Unity updates!
:D

So yeah, if this interests you, PM me and we can discuss...
:cool:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm still looking for people that would like to help with this project. Hit me up in the development thread if you are interested!
;)

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
If you want help or have questions to ask about some Python/Renpy matters, I'll be there to answer :cool:

Reactions: OhWee