[R>Artist 2D] Paid Share Looking for main 2D Artist preferably for building a long term team or potential comission work

RustyXXL

Nov 2, 2017
Project:
Additionally to what is written here please also see the Previous Thread, to get a further Impression of who I am.
I am also sorry, if my english is sometimes a bit rough. english is my secondary language, and while I can understand english pretty good, my active english vocabulary is a bit rough sometimes. German is my primary language.
After our first few meetings we are now getting to a point where we consider the basic planning complete and moving on to getting things started.
While we don't have anything concrete to show, and there still are things open, everything is moving on well enough that we feel comfortable enough to start looking to expand our team and look for some crucial skills we need, to get this project anywhere. For the most parts we decided on Systems and story beats that are more or less proven. We don't want to innovate to much, for our first game the Challanges are elsewhere. Learning the tools, learning how to best work together and collecting experience on how to develop a game certainly are things that are more important right now.
First of: we decided to use unity in combination with the ORK Framework as a basis. While Ren'*y or RPGM would also be 2 of the viable options, there are a few reasons we decided against those. Two of the most important ones are that I don't feel as comfortable with those two, and we decided that the skills we learn in unity are much more universal in the long run.
Artstyle wise we decided on 2d for similar reasons. We have enough challenge as is, and 2d will make a few things easier on us. Additionally I think, that it is not as difficult to get a decent enough looking consistent art style in 2d, as it would be in 3d, and it is much easier to at least get started with my own Stick figure placeholders until we can get it replaced by artwork, without holding up the whole project, so we can actually show something, even if the art is ugly.
We understand full well, that for you we currently don't have much to show except things most artists have heard a dozen times before.
However we decided to still start looking for the Talent we need right now.
Now back to the game:
The story will be written in the classic drama-structure.
It will start with the hero dying while trying to defend a woman being robbed. He then meets a goddess who asks him if he thinks his decision was a good one and finally revives him in a new world. He will have some easier challanges and finally gets to take over a village, either by force or charm. From there will be some Additional challenges related to the different game systems, and collecting his first 3 "waifus" as his first battle team. From here the Story will develop further. The Hero will have to manage his new Village and go on adventures to further the story, find new allies, and improve his influence.

The whole game will be build on 5 "Pillars" Gameplay wise:
1. a jrpg turn based battle system with fitting stats, ranged and melee attacks, "magic" (depending on your morality etc), a few equipment types like armor and accessories and a system of 6 to 7 elements (ie Air, fire, water, earth, dark, light + potentially lightning)
2. City Management - Build buildings, manage and "collect" worker-"waifus" manage some ressources paired with some decisions, where you might have to decide between different buildings to specialize your village
3. Ruling-System - Depending on your previous decisions, morality etc you get to implement new rules for your population. Influence the way your people behave or dress etc. Additionally you will have additional events and decisions with them. ie once a week you will have to listen to people requesting things fom their ruler and you will have different ways to deal with them.
4. Morality System - Your decisions will influence how you and your people develop throughout the game. Go to far in either direction and some other options might get locked out, but others might become possible.
5. Additional Items - We want to minimize the Grind neccessary to complete the game, so there will be no need to grind to level up. The main story will be completable with minimal to no grind. However we recognize, that for some people it is important to have the additional rewards etc, so you will be able to do additional quests etc for additional rewards, including weapons, armors etc. Additionally we want you to be able to have some amount of customization of your team, as is quite common in jrpgs, so normal weapons, armors and consumables will be a thing.

This is an ambitious project, we are aware of this. This won't be finished in a month or so, but we are commited to this project. It will happen and I am not willing to let this rot somewhere in the ditch of abandoned games. As I have wrote in my previous Thread, this is a project of passion for me, and while I can't work full time on it, I am aware of the amount of work, and we indeed have a plan, even though some parts are still rough (as we still are very at the beginning)

I hope I gave you a good impression about the current project, however the long term plan is to through this project build a long term team, and get to make even more in the future, though there are no concrete plans for that. Additionally our hope is to someday get to a point where we can work full time on games, as I wrote in the previous Thread, However we are aware that this still is a way off.
I am trying to keep this somewhat short, while still giving you enough information to get a fair impression, however, if you have additional questions feel free to contact me.

Developer:
We are currently 2 german guys (but both of us also speak english, and the game is planned to be released in english).
Me, RustyXXL, as Programmer and "Lead" (as in I don't plan to dictate the direction, but want this to be a cooperation where everyone brings in his strength and has a say)
Syr96 for Game Design and Writing
I would be your first contact, preferably either via Discord ( RustyXXL#1450 ) or PM here on the Forums.

Looking for:
We are looking for a 2D Artist who can cover as much of the Art required as possible.
This will include UI Design, Character Design (in cooperation with our writer), Icons, Weapons, Armor, Sprites, (World-) maps, potentially different clothing states and/or styles, Potentially additional Material like Banners etc for going Public with the game and/or Marketing etc. and potential 2d Animations as required.
However, if you can't fullfill every part, still feel free to contact me. We are also not against people just getting started themselves, as this is our first game as well.
We would prefer someone who is similar to us, and who will work to get started in game development, and might only be able to work part time for a share, however I am prepared to invest a certain amount from my private money for assets. However you won't get rich, until we are in a position to acquire additional funding.
Communication is key, for building a team in any case, so being fluent enough in either english or german is kinda important for us.

Employment Type:
Preferably Share (though it might take a bit until there will be a good income), optional Paid work as my/our funds allow.

Work commitment:
One of the main goals for us is to build a long term team with the potential for multiple games. However this Project in itself is still ambitious and will be a long term Project.

Preferred method of contact:
Discord via RustyXXL#1450 or PM to me via the Forums would be preferable.

Additional comments:
Well, I hope I manage to not make to many Typos and I have managed to formulate somewhat sane sentences. :p It's been a long and busy day again. ;)
And I hope to hear from you. :)

Reactions: eliseliselisa

eliseliselisa

Jun 5, 2021
Hello! I'm a 2D Artist open for work. Since I had some problems PMing you, I have sent a discord solicitation so we can talk!