• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[R>Translator] [R>Writer] Looking for native english speaker

melonpan5

Jul 2, 2022
Project:
- EG

Developer:
- Me, cute 3dster and maybe you

Looking for:
- Text corrector to native english

Preferred method of contact:
- Discord: tomjerry#4991

Job Description:
- I’m looking for a guy, who can put words into words. Like I write text to foreign language and then translate it with machine translator and fix as good as I can, and then you fix it to studious readable form.

Additional comments:
- My little pony FIM parody realted game with humans

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022
Hey! I am fluent in English. I am willing to work with you! If you are interested DM me here or on discord at wildest_fantasies#2358.

Apr 4, 2022
Probably American. It's a far more universal form of English.
I don't think so. I am working for this and I am British. And while American English is "Universal" in media and internet, British English is more popular in education,govement and other official and administrative things due to British colonialism.

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
I don't think so. I am working for this and I am British. And while American English is "Universal" in media and internet, British English is more popular in education,govement and other official and administrative things due to British colonialism.
Does it really matter in adult games lol? Best to just enjoy whatever english you get as long it isn't jarring to read.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
And while American English is "Universal" in media and internet, British English is more popular in education,govement and other official and administrative things due to British colonialism.
Games and event internet aside, that's just simply not true. And it's become the predominant form of English (especially so for countries who hadn't previously adopted a form of it.) since WWII. Even Eastern Europe (though, that was likely more political than anything else.) pretty rapidly shifted to American English. Which, as mentioned below, is more of an indirect result (or consequence, depending on how you look at it.) of the economic and cultural influence the US has (or, perhaps had.).

Speaking as a (former) editor with a (near) second major in linguistics, and as someone who's had extended stays in several countries, I can say with some certainty that American English is both the preferred by locals when needed and is often taught in schools as it's often easier to learn. Especially in East Asia. The fact that there's five times as many Americans as there are Brits, the sheer influence of American business globally, and even down to Microsoft running most of the spell-checkers out there. That's not even getting into the Hollywoodization side of things.

It's more or less Universal/International as the aforementioned widespread-ness of modern American entertainment and business has created more of a baseline within cultural neutrality. It's the one form of English that lacks the excess coloring that Canadian/Australian/etc. English has (irregardless of your feelings on the Americanization thereof.).

But as immortalkid69 said, it's just an adult game. Not going to waste time arguing over lingual color.