Seeking Looking for Renpy managment games with decent UI

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Hey, fellow fappers :cool:

I'm looking for games made with Renpy engine, that have at least some of the following:
-management type of gameplay (preferably with low amount of trainees, better - one; not some massive excel-spreadsheet type brothel managers);
-that has a screen with stats for that character (lewd stats, journal, extras);
-day-night cycle, with days counter;
-event-type of gameplay (you click around, change places, find 1-time events that happen depending on the trainer's or trainee's stats);
- UI is actually good and user-friendly, and is easy to understand, and has lots of useful stuff, well-organized <<<--- main point;
- Preferably has a lot of skills, stats and info to show (not like 3 stats + some text for a quest), for me to have a visual example of how it could possibly be organized;

The game I played recently that checks all boxes is LabRats2: Reformulate. But the game itself IS WAY too fucking huge, and the code is so complicated (for my level) that it'd be easier for me learn quantum physics. I'm looking for smaller projects like Raven's Quest (though UI in that game is kinda wonky and I'm not using it as example of good UIs, just what scale of games I'm looking for)

The tags of the game don't matter, I'm doing this for educational purpose.
My own (I'd say 4 out of 10) attempt at making this type of UI you can find in my game.

ps. there are some high-budget games like Our Red Strings, but the problem with this example is that YES, it does have a very neet-looking UI, but the game itself is a Visual Novel, so you don't even need to ever use it, honestly; you just read, and read, and read without opening it except for saving/loading.
pps. probably something like what good games in RMPG engine have (with lewd stats, passives, achievements and such) but in Renpy

Last edited:

00snak

Jun 3, 2018
Maybe Harem Hotel? Whilst it is a VN with not much gameplay aspect, there is still a management aspect. I think the UI contains a lot of what you want (lots of stats, day-night cycle, random events throughout hotel rooms and depending what outfits the girls are wearing). I think the UI is fairly easy to understand because there's quite a lot of information (lots of girls and lots of stats) but it is still understandable. It also shows which dialogue affects what stat when talking to the girls.

Reactions: AdventAnyx
Jun 16, 2023
Tropicali comes to mind. Based on the last update, it seems like trainer aspect of the game will be expanded with stats. Currently, it's mostly business management with lovely H scenes and characters.

(P.s. your game is on my backlog so looking forward to trying it :))

AdventAnyx

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2020
Yeah, that's a solid 8 out 10 UI for this type of game. Very cozy.
Wondering how well does it work on Android. The game has tooltips on hovering the mouse over stuff, how would that work on a touch screen...?
And that's a LOT of separate UI elements: bars, boxes, buttons and stuff. Interesting if he drew that himself or hired someone? I am not capable of drawing :HideThePain:

Reactions: Iamthegoldengod
Jun 16, 2023
Yeah, that's a solid 8 out 10 UI for this type of game. Very cozy.
Wondering how well does it work on Android. The game has tooltips on hovering the mouse over stuff, how would that work on a touch screen...?
And that's a LOT of separate UI elements: bars, boxes, buttons and stuff. Interesting if he drew that himself or hired someone? I am not capable of drawing :HideThePain:
I played on android with Pc version using Joiplay. iirc you just had to long press something to see changes to Stat if you were to swap one of the characters for another for a business. It is very well made.

The dev is pretty friendly and his discord is very chill so I'm sure they could point you in the right direction about their design stuff. His other game, Out of Touch is banger (its an AVN).