Seeking Looking for RPG games with lasting consequences.

redghost14

Jul 19, 2017
Looking for games that have battles and you actually are punished for losing the battles. Maybe you end up with a permanent debuff or something similar that makes future battles harder. Games by ahriman are a pretty decent start but they don't quite affect gameplay enough once the battle is over. Karryn's Prison is another game that follows this concept with all the passives you can get but that game isn't finished yet.

Appreciate any recommendations.

zoltrix122

Sep 9, 2017
The Last sovereign is one. The choices you make affect how events and wars turn out later. Great game Highly recommend tho i dont know if its the type of game your looking for. Massively Punished if you dont win wars even Permadeath or loss of items that greatly help out including higher or lower prices when investing or buying items depending on how much you are liked and accepted

redghost14

Jul 19, 2017
Honestly looking mainly for games with female protagonists. And I don't mean game over types of consequences, more like it becomes harder to win encounters.

Scorpan3734

Jul 27, 2019
I've been playing a game recently called " " on DLSite, though I've seen many translations of the title and am not sure any of them are correct. It's pretty much the ideal game in this genre, focused totally around building up negative status effects and making battles harder. You initially play a super powerful magical girl heroine but can quickly end up lactating, addicting to lesbian advances, and all kinds of other things if you're not careful. As the heroine gets hornier, she also puts less effort into battles so she'll do less damage, miss more often, and get hit more easily by the enemies' erotic advances (they only use ero attacks). Unfortunately there's no translation, and being able to read the text is fairly important to understand a lot of the game's systems and how to win the levels without brute-forcing everything the hard way. Still, it's so good that I'd recommend looking into it if you're a fan of those kinds of games, just be aware, it's exclusively focused around tentacles and lesbians, and even then the tentacles never penetrate. It's mostly about teasing the heroine into submission.

If you're looking for something you can just play right now easily with a proper decent translation, definitely try Marle - The Labyrinth of the Black Sea. You play as a powerful archmage who's already had a great dragonslaying adventure before the game, and is basically taking some personal time to search for a mystic artifact. Her powers are soon suppressed by a lust aura when she gets there and she has to delve deeper to unearth the secrets of whatever's going on. The game has a lot of tentacle content, I'd say 33-50%, but there's also human men, orcs who will place lust symbols, and other creatures. The game can actually start to feel very hard to complete if you build up too many negative statuses, which is exactly the kind of thing I like and it sounds like you do too.

By the same group, there's Risa and the Succubus Grimoire. Unfortunately, it's only machine-translatedMake sure to pick up a patch here to avoid some crashes related to machine translation. The poor quality translation is honestly a real shame mostly because Marle's story and setting were quite good, and it's hard to enjoy the writers' work in this state. Anyways, this game features exclusively sex between the heroine (and occasionally a priestess friend) and one or more human men, which has its own fun flair. She's constantly surrounded by large groups of men, so it feels like it makes sense to give in. You're not nearly as strong as Marle, more of a run-of-the-mill thief/rogue who often must resort to consumable healing items, bombs, and other such things to get by (think Edge from FFIV, if you've played that). The game also features some great post-loss scenes where you get a chance to fight back at first from a disadvantaged position (like being tied up but eventually breaking free after the enemies get a few free turns), but as the MC gets lewder then she stops fighting back and the scenes change.

redghost14

Jul 19, 2017
Those games do sound like what I'm looking for exactly. Is there any link or place to get Kurenkisho Quolta Amadeus EG even if it's in Japanese? I have managed to play a few games that were all in Japanese before so I think it won't be too much of a problem to do so again.

Also I had downloaded Risa a couple months ago but I guess I didn't give it enough of a chance to reach any debuffs or anything. Will definitely give it another chance.

Scorpan3734

Jul 27, 2019
Unfortunately, I got excited and impulse-bought Kurenkisho Quolta Amadeus EG after reading through the description and being unable to find a free download with a cursory search. You might have some luck delving into Japanese-language sites as the game seems to be quite popular there, but there's virtually no hype or publicity for it in English. The game's apparently based on a long Doujin that the creator's sold at Comiket since 2011, and it has over 20 volumes by now. I hope it, and games like it, catch on more in the West so we can start getting better translations and more freebies haha.

May 12, 2019
Unfortunately, I got excited and impulse-bought Kurenkisho Quolta Amadeus EG after reading through the description and being unable to find a free download with a cursory search. You might have some luck delving into Japanese-language sites as the game seems to be quite popular there, but there's virtually no hype or publicity for it in English. The game's apparently based on a long Doujin that the creator's sold at Comiket since 2011, and it has over 20 volumes by now. I hope it, and games like it, catch on more in the West so we can start getting better translations and more freebies haha.
I got the Japanese one from the kimochi.info