Tutorial Looking for steps to create 3d scene

Jul 25, 2022
Hello,
I am new to this website. and I want to create VN game.
I have been learning 3d modeling on Daz for few days and hopefully soon I will try to learn it on blender too..to see if I can enhance the design more.

I want to create clothes, enviornment, scene, home interior, city / places for my story from scratch as I don't like the preset that are available on daz shops related to it. For characters yes, it's good but for other things I don;t think the available stuffs suits as per what I have on my mind and what I want to show

Can anyone guide me where I can create and how I can create the following from scratch for Daz3d / blender as I like the characters and it's easy to use there:
1. Clothes for DAZ characters without having headache that it will deform when i export import from other softwares...
2. Interior design of home/office/club etc..where i can create like home and can arrange all available props/decor as per my own style.
3. City/ environment / like a neighbourhood how it looks near office / home or whereever the story takes place.

So I just need guidance like which tool is better for designing all these main stuffs from scratch or if any software is availabe for creating individual thing and can be imported to daz or blender for rendering and easy to use. It will be really helpful if anyone can give me link of tools and tutorials link on how to develop these.

Thanks in advance

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
I honestly think you vastly underestimate the complexity of what you want to do. For modeling Zbrush is supposedly very powerful (kind of like the photoshop of 3d-modeling, AKA the standard), and seems far easier to learn than Blender, although there are some content creators who use Blender for their work, like Sickleyield). For Blender though, there is , I seem to remember there was another one, but forgot its name.

Jul 25, 2022
I honestly think you vastly underestimate the complexity of what you want to do. For modeling Zbrush is supposedly very powerful (kind of like the photoshop of 3d-modeling, AKA the standard), and seems far easier to learn than Blender, although there are some content creators who use Blender for their work, like Sickleyield). For Blender though, there is , I seem to remember there was another one, but forgot its name.
I don't underestimate blender, as of now for me in learning phase, it's hard to give time to all you know to learn designing, scripting and programming. So yes, I was thinking like to get an easy way around. Zbrush is not a free tool though and blender is time taking no matter it does provide a platform to create almost everything. But I was just looking to save time. Plus it would also be helpful to let me know which platform does better rendering of images...i did tried to export model from daz to blender and tried to render same images, I like daz rendering..but if there's any platform dedicated only for rendering and support daz and blender file to provide extreme quality render with light and shadows better than these two than i would like to go for it.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
I don't underestimate blender, as of now for me in learning phase, it's hard to give time to all you know to learn designing, scripting and programming. So yes, I was thinking like to get an easy way around. Zbrush is not a free tool though and blender is time taking no matter it does provide a platform to create almost everything. But I was just looking to save time. Plus it would also be helpful to let me know which platform does better rendering of images...i did tried to export model from daz to blender and tried to render same images, I like daz rendering..but if there's any platform dedicated only for rendering and support daz and blender file to provide extreme quality render with light and shadows better than these two than i would like to go for it.
I didn't mean just Blender, I meant the whole thing. Modeling, which also requires texturing, then clothing, which requires again texturing and modeling, then learning ren'py or some other game engine, then writing (which involves creating an interesting story, creating interesting dialogues and keeping track of multiple paths and choices), then rendering (which also includes posing, which is time consuming), and you want to do all these on your own, and that's while working a job (unless you're a teen which is why I would expect you think all of this can be done on your own). It's gonna be even worse if your hardware isn't powerful which means a lot of money is needed.

Reactions: n3zum1
Jul 25, 2022
I didn't mean just Blender, I meant the whole thing. Modeling, which also requires texturing, then clothing, which requires again texturing and modeling, then learning ren'py or some other game engine, then writing (which involves creating an interesting story, creating interesting dialogues and keeping track of multiple paths and choices), then rendering (which also includes posing, which is time consuming), and you want to do all these on your own, and that's while working a job (unless you're a teen which is why I would expect you think all of this can be done on your own). It's gonna be even worse if your hardware isn't powerful which means a lot of money is needed.
Well yea, i can look for support..and my hardware do support it..will be upgrading it in next few months...but for now it does support for learning purpose. And what I did asked previously like creating enviornment and scene..i did asked because for next 3-4 months where i will learn blender to create stuffs...i will just create scene for experiment or background and learn it so that i can use these items in future..and when i want to develop the game..i just have to do programming and posing with models with all my scene, enviornment, clothing etc prepared in back. So yes its time taking but 3-4 months is alot of time...and i am not afraid to give it a try...if people like it, i will improve with time...i do have 4 stories so i will start with 1 ..and try my best to create realistic environment..and if i missed out, i can keep improving with time. I cannot go down from where i am standing right now..the only thing that will happen is i will improve going ahead.
If every developer think that way, there will be no game on internet now obviously for first time, i will take alot of time for creation . but with time it will be less and less painful as i will get use to it. And holidays times are coming up , not fond of it so i can invest more time in it.

Last edited:

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Well yea, i can look for support..and my hardware do support it..will be upgrading it in next few months...but for now it does support for learning purpose. And what I did asked previously like creating enviornment and scene..i did asked because for next 3-4 months where i will learn blender to create stuffs...i will just create scene for experiment or background and learn it so that i can use these items in future..and when i want to develop the game..i just have to do programming and posing with models with all my scene, enviornment, clothing etc prepared in back. So yes its time taking but 3-4 months is alot of time...and i am not afraid to give it a try...if people like it, i will improve with time...i do have 4 stories so i will start with 1 ..and try my best to create realistic environment..and if i missed out, i can keep improving with time. I cannot go down from where i am standing right now..the only thing that will happen is i will improve going ahead.
If every developer think that way, there will be no game on internet now obviously for first time, i will take alot of time for creation . but with time it will be less and less painful as i will get use to it. And holidays times are coming up , not fond of it so i can invest more time in it.
GIven all of the above, which I told you just so you can get a realistic appraisal of the situation, all I can say is