[R>Artist 3D] Share Unpaid Looking for team members to start project

Pink Marmalade

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2018
Hey! Looking to start a project that I have been thinking about for a while. I will be taking the role of production manager and programmer and will need a 3D daz artist and a writer. I have been doing some renders with Daz and are perfectly capable of doing the renders myself. I am just thinking more about the time factor and would like to create a team that is able to push out updates in a timely fashion.

Project:
The name of the game/project thus far is Blood & Principle and it will be developed in Unity. At this stage the project is still in very early stages, however I have already started building on the framework for the game in Unity and have a fully working, easily managed dialogue and event system.

With regards to the story of the project, it will play off in a medieval/fantasy type world with numerous different civilized and uncivilized races. The main story will involve 2 stories which will be told by 2 protagonists. It is still undecided and will be discussed with whomever ends up as team members, but either these stories will be part on one game or it might be split into 2 games. Again, something to be discussed with the future team but this could be divided into a male and a female protagonist, giving the player the ability to play as both. However originally I had the idea of both stories revolving around male characters.

The first will be about a prince/princess who's family is slaughtered when their father's throne is usurped. With the aid of the captain of the guard, they are barely able to escape with their life. From their now impoverished life, they need to find a way to reclaim what is theirs by right with the aid of their loyal captain of the guard. This story will take place in one of the cities where the player will have all kinds of encounters in the slums and the lower parts of the city, while trying to leverage relationships their family had with other royals and nobles.

The second will be about a boy/girl who lived with their mother and twin sibling in the farmlands, until their mother and twin was murdered. After this they were taken in by a young (100+ year old) dwarven couple. Living with the dwarves, they help with the projects in the forge. One day, a young noble lady passes on a nearby road with her guard when suddenly the wheel on her carriage breaks. One of the guard goes to the closest farm house they can find, being where the player is, and asks for help. While the forge dwarf is in town, the player offers their help and meets the noble who they become infatuated with. They then work towards starting a relationship with the noble and do anything they can to reach a station of power in order to be worthy. Ultimately this character will also have the goal of avenging their family's murder.

The project will NOT include fetishes like incest, beastiality, rape, forced etc. For now the project has no planned LGBTQIA+ content, however this can also be discussed with the team as I want everyone to be comfortable with the content we are making and that they will need to work on. I also have a large sound library to use for the project.

Developer:
I'm Pink Marmalade and I have tried creating a game in the past, many years ago, where I did not get past an initial version (Saying this for transparency sake). This was primarily because I was really lacking game development experience at that time and tried to do everything myself (including the 2D art which I was not very good at). Since then I have been studying Game Development at a University and have been working on games. I have 2 games on Itch.io and are working on a third right now.

Looking for:
- 3D Artist: Some experience in Daz3D (Does not have to be a professional). I would like to see some sample renders.
- [POSITION FILLED] Writer: Experienced in writing Fantasy/Medieval type stories will be preferable. I would like to see some samples.

Employment Type:
At the beginning the positions will be unpaid until the project funding reaches a point where either share or paid options are viable. This just means that if your share comes to $10, or equivalent currency, it does not make sense to transfer the funds. However, until it reaches a point where paying you is viable, I will also not be paid. Any funds gathered till that point will be put back into the project ie. be used for buying assets or anything else to improve the workflows of the project.

Work commitment:
- I would prefer for your commitment to be long term, as it is easier than having to continuously teach new people the workflow of the project.

Preferred method of contact:
- Until you officially join the project, contact will be limited to here. After that we can move to discord where I will be setting up a server for the project.

Job Description:

- 3D Artist: I am looking for someone who is atleast a little bit experienced with Daz3D and who will be able to create high quality renders complying with the workflow of the project. You will need to have some vision of how it can be combined with the Unity workflow. For example, a scene in a room with a window to the outside might be rendered, but in Unity we would add moving god rays to the scene. I want to leverage Unity's particle systems where possible to create more lively environments, like using a fire particle system in a fireplace of a render. I also want the artist to be willing to put extra efforts into making characters unique by changing morphs etc. as I do not want to use only generic store characters that you see in 90% of the games. I am also willing to help with creating characters etc. Having experience in making animations is also a great plus however I can also help here when possible.

- [POSITION FILLED] Writer: I am looking for an preferably experienced writer, however I am also open to newer writers if you have samples to show me. You would have a lot of creative freedom in the story but I would still like it to be somewhat guided by the vision I have for the project. The project will be a sandbox type visual novel where the player will have some free roam and the ability to choose between different parts of the game to progress (think summertime saga type gameplay but with a lot more meat to the main story). Therefore you will need to work on the main story but also be able to write side stories with depth.

Additional comments:
If you have any questions feel free to DM me here or post a reply on the thread. Thank you for reading through this long post and hope to hear from you soon! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatalmasterpiece

Davos2

Aug 29, 2020
Not sure I meet your expectations but my discord is Davos#1802. I'm afraid I do not have any erotic fantasy samples at the moment [Mostly modern stuff.]. But I would still like to try out.

Pink Marmalade

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2018
Not sure I meet your expectations but my discord is Davos#1802. I'm afraid I do not have any erotic fantasy samples at the moment [Mostly modern stuff.]. But I would still like to try out.
Hey! Thanks for replying! I would like to keep the conversation on F95 for now. If you have any samples of your writing (does not have to be erotic, just want to get an idea of what your writing is like) please do DM them to me and then we can discuss them there.

Pink Marmalade

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2018
Just as an FYI, I will update the post if a position is filled. As I have mentioned to some of the applicants, I am not immediately accepting applications, but giving it a few days to give others the opportunity to apply. I am considering new writing applications for the next 2-3 days, at which point I will decide on an applicant. This is not to find the "most professional" applicant but to find the best fitting one for the vision I have for the project.

Apr 18, 2021
Very interesting. Looks like a wonderful project!
I am also currently working in Unity utilizing Daz graphics for a 2.5D style game, sounds like we have had a similar idea :)

Pink Marmalade

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2018
Very interesting. Looks like a wonderful project!
I am also currently working in Unity utilizing Daz graphics for a 2.5D style game, sounds like we have had a similar idea :)
Thank you, oh awesome! Looks like my idea was not as unique as I thought :p Is it the one in your signature?

Pink Marmalade

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2018
For both positions, I will take in applications until 17:00 PM Monday, 24 January CET at which point I will finish reviewing them and then update all applicants on their status.

Apr 18, 2021
Thank you, oh awesome! Looks like my idea was not as unique as I thought :p Is it the one in your signature?
Not at all, it's a great idea :D I'm genuinely interested to see how someone else approaches the idea since it does present some technical challenges. Yes, that's the one but I haven't shared any screenshots yet of the 2D level designs.

Elefy

Jan 4, 2022
Maybe I'm dump enough, but what means for you 2.5D with DAZ?
But ok, DAZ is good for characters, but project is medieval , then need environments , etc. on medieval theme.
Maybe drawings?

Pink Marmalade

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2018
Maybe I'm dump enough, but what means for you 2.5D with DAZ?
But ok, DAZ is good for characters, but project is medieval , then need environments , etc. on medieval theme.
Maybe drawings?
Hey, not at all. Generally when it comes to games or animations, 2.5D is a style where you layer images/models and have them move, relative to the camera, at different speeds. Generally this style is mostly used for side-scroller/platformer games however I am planning for a more point & click/VN style game. This said I am experimenting with using layered renders in order to give the scenes a different effect. Could be really neat for cut-scenes and animation etc. I would like to try it, doesn't mean it will work out though. In which case I will most likely revert to 2D like most games on here. But we'll see when we get there.

I beg to differ, I don't think Daz is only good for characters. Daz is good for 3D renders. If you look at the Daz store, there are TONS of environments and there are more than enough medieval/fantasy themed environment assets to get the project started with. By combining different assets you can create quite a lot of different variations (of course considering if the styles fit together).

Aug 14, 2021
Oh the project looks nice. I am a writer and I had made up a similar kind of storyline. If you need an additional writer, let me know.

21stCenturyGamer

Jan 4, 2021
Some samples from a story I'm working on and might turn into a visual novel. Let me know if you think we can work together.

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Hello, I'm the writer for this project: me and Pink Marmalade are going ahead, but we still lack a dedicated artist.
For now, we are doing the renders ourselves, but it's slowing us down a lot.
So, if you are a Daz artist interested in illustrating an epic fantasy journey (well, two journeys) of political intrigue, unsavoury slums, exotic lands and cultures, inner growth and, well, scantily clad hotties, this is the project for you.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I wouldn't mind helping out. I've been doing fan art in DAZ for about two years now. I've gotten some of my work into a few games.

Mostly done modern day stuff but it sounds like you've already designed the characters and environments.

My GPU is an RTX 3090

Here's some examples of my work.

PoolSideWithJackieDryv2.jpg

agrx_10_profile.png
ShippingHubOfficeD.jpg
Bar.jpg