[R>Writer] Looking for writers to help with a short visual novel.

NylonBandit

Jul 24, 2020
Project:
Untitled project.

Developer:
Me / EZVN

Looking for:
Writer

Employment Type:
Unpaid

Work commitment:
Very laid back.

Preferred method of contact:
DM here.

Job Description:
I'm looking for a writer / writers to help out with putting together a short visual novel. While I can take care of the coding and creation of the assets needed for the game, I have been struggling to write a script. I've actually used AI to come up with a general story I kind of like based around the idea a pantyhose fetish, but I'm looking for one or more people to just chat to to help plot out the main points of the story and maybe help with writing the dialog for the script. The story it's self is very short. Just 3 chapters with around 5 scenes per chapter.

Summary:
The story is centred around a woman who found confidence through wearing hosiery to the point it gave her the confidence to do online cam work. Sarah lives with her best friend since high school, John. A slightly reclusive and struggling journalist. John has a fetish for pantyhose which he is struggling to control against his will to just be Sarah's friend.
Finally there is Dylan, a guy Sarah recently met online and has reluctantly agreed to go out on a date with. However, also unknown to Sarah, Dylan is also an pantyhose fetishist and a member of her online chat from her live streams. He has been stalking her for months using multiple online personas.

Last edited:

DarthSpitz717

Mar 28, 2023
Project:
Untitled project.

Developer:
Me / EZVN

Looking for:
Writer

Employment Type:
Unpaid

Work commitment:
Very laid back.

Preferred method of contact:
DM here.

Job Description:
I'm looking for a writer / writers to help out with putting together a short visual novel. While I can take care of the coding and creation of the assets needed for the game, I've been struggling to write a script. I've actually used AI to come up with a general story I kind of like based around the idea a pantyhose fetish, but I'm looking for one or more people to just chat to to help plot out the main points of the story and maybe help with writing the dialog for the script.

Additional comments:
_____________________________________+++++__________________________________________________________
A little more information on your project would be helpful :)

Theme, and content desired...
Approximant how much content will you be needing...
Are you needing a "world Build" or basically a story(s) from git-to-go...
And any odd but important little details would be great :)

NylonBandit

Jul 24, 2020
_____________________________________+++++__________________________________________________________
A little more information on your project would be helpful :)

Theme, and content desired...
Approximant how much content will you be needing...
Are you needing a "world Build" or basically a story(s) from git-to-go...
And any odd but important little details would be great :)
Well at the time, I didn't have any details because I was still exploring some ideas. Had complete writers block and didn't know where to start. Which is dumb because I did creative writing at university...

However, since posting I've used AI to generate some ideas and I've hashed out the entire story. I've even written the entire first act and some of the second. I've also plotted out all the branching paths and options in Twine. Story is fairly short with just 3 chapters, and each chapter having about 5 scenes in each... although I'm not wondering if I should change the protagonist from the male best friend and have the player control the female character instead....

I've updated the original post with more information.

Last edited:

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
An interesting focus. I do like games with focus, since they spend time exploring the nuances of a kink more so than bigger projects that are more or less just trying to check of a box of 'options'.

I imagine this project is to help push your EZVN to its limits?

I used to think I was pretty good at roleplaying and story telling, and while AI doesn't beat human roleplay partners, it at least does an awesome job of generating ideas, so much so I feel uncultured a lot of the time XP

I'm hit or miss at writing characters, an actually put writing on the farthest back burner. I wasn't going to focus on it until I could really focus on it, and explore it more, such as I want to make something more cartoony and entertaining, and less so straight to the point as with most Fanfics I used to write.

Anyways, distracted. You mentioned you'd be doing the coding. I'm interested to know if your project (and EZVN) will have to handle world navigation mechanics? When I write, because I am very technical oriented, I very quickly limit myself to only what I think is usable... which is an issue for a project still in production. I also don't want to go too free because then I'll end up needing 20 mechanics and 200 cutscenes just to explore one idea for a chapter. So over the years I've been working on opening up my workflow, from having a art pipeline, to having a game with flexibility, such as a navigation system that handles event triggering and other logic, freeing me up to focus on story writing... when I eventually get around to focusing on writing one of these days.

NylonBandit

Jul 24, 2020
An interesting focus. I do like games with focus, since they spend time exploring the nuances of a kink more so than bigger projects that are more or less just trying to check of a box of 'options'.

I imagine this project is to help push your EZVN to its limits?
Well to be honest, it's just a short little demo project I plan to release so people can see how I did the visual scripting for complicated branching paths. I'll be releasing it as a stand alone Windows game, and the Unity project files for people to go in an tinker with. Reason I'm keeping it short is to keep it manageable. I've already binned 2 other ideas because they just became too bloated.

The reason for the pantyhose angle is because... well these are the render's I have fun making :)
001.png
(This is a render of the Sarah character I made for the project)

Also, I wouldn't say it's to push EZVN to it's limits. There's stuff it can do that I won't be taking of advantage of. It's just a demo to show how to construct a simple VN with branching paths and different scenes.

I used to think I was pretty good at roleplaying and story telling, and while AI doesn't beat human roleplay partners, it at least does an awesome job of generating ideas, so much so I feel uncultured a lot of the time XP
Agreed. My argument with AI is always the same. It's a tool. People think it's just 'hit button and do all the work for me', but it really isn't. I've seen AI artists spend longer training lora's to get an image they want, when it would actually have been quicker to just create the art yourself... but if you want a few ideas to build upon, it's quicker to ask AI to generate some then it is to sit around wondering 'What the fuck should I write about?'. As far as feeling uncultured mate, I wouldn't worry about it mate. Remember the AI is pulling info from basically the entire internet. It's not a fair competition.

I'm hit or miss at writing characters, an actually put writing on the farthest back burner. I wasn't going to focus on it until I could really focus on it, and explore it more, such as I want to make something more cartoony and entertaining, and less so straight to the point as with most Fanfics I used to write.
Mate, I did creative writing at Uni, and still I suck. lol.

It's a complicated one. But I do think people tend to over think their line-by-line dialog. On one hand, I feel like creating likable characters is more important than the actual dialog because if people care about the characters, they'll care about the situations you put them in. But witty, entertaining dialog will make people care about the characters quicker... so yeah, it's complicated.

Anyways, distracted. You mentioned you'd be doing the coding. I'm interested to know if your project (and EZVN) will have to handle world navigation mechanics? When I write, because I am very technical oriented, I very quickly limit myself to only what I think is usable... which is an issue for a project still in production. I also don't want to go too free because then I'll end up needing 20 mechanics and 200 cutscenes just to explore one idea for a chapter. So over the years I've been working on opening up my workflow, from having a art pipeline, to having a game with flexibility, such as a navigation system that handles event triggering and other logic, freeing me up to focus on story writing... when I eventually get around to focusing on writing one of these days.
This is possible within EZVN... to an extent. You could use a 'Show Choice' with options like 'Go to Place A', 'Go To Place B' and so on. You can then create a scene for Place A and Place B that have their own Action Tree's. You can even use operational nodes that will compare variables such as floats or bools to dictate how the scene plays out.

The current limitation of EZVN is that, in it's current form, it can't do random events. So say you want to make a world map view and have different characters randomly show up in the various areas... that would need additional code. But since it's just a tool in Unity you can pretty much add whatever functionality you require on top if you know how.

What I will say is that while the current focus is to just to create a tool that can manage a typical Visual Novel with branching paths. Once that functionality is in place, I'm going to start going back and adding more nodes to the visual script editor to build on the flexibility of the tool so you could make maybe a management game or Princess Maker style game. It's just going to take a while to get there.

EDIT: I've also just checked out the World Manager in the link you posted. That's actually a pretty good idea but EZVN can't really handle that level of complexity right now. Although I will probably implement something similar in the future.

Last edited:

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Обычно когда сценарий тормозит то не знаешь либо куда двигаться либо знаешь куда дальше движение но не знаешь что должны делать персонажи.
Я так понял для демонстрации нужен сценарий. К тому же уже готово часть. Дальше напишу немного. Может это направит в нужное направление.
С помощью нейросетей я тоже делал. Но я не просил полностью сделать, закидывал часть и нейросеть генерировала несколько предложений в продолжении рассказа. Если нравилось то оставляли и писал сам дальше либо дальше ещё несколько предложений генерировал. Если не нравилось то либо исправлял час того что сделано либо званого генерировал. Не всегда так делаю, но иногда нейросеть выдаёт именно то что мне кажется интересным и направляет сюжет туда куда даже не думал.
Сюжет. Можно для демонстрации разделить сюжет. Часть где главное героиня перед веб камерой. Там можно сделать рандом того что просят её сделать. С другом с которым она живёт можно к примеру увидеть что он увидел как она что то на камеру показывает и выбор того что продолжать или позвать его. Там много чего можно делать. Подразнить его просто или взять инициативу и сделать что то более интимное. Так же можно попросить его кое с чем помочь перед камерой. Тут много вариантов.
Сюжет с её парней из инета. Встреча с ним, приглашение его к себе. Просто не знаю куда должен двигаться сюжет с ним.
Для сюжета я бы посоветовал при выборе два, три выбора которые приведут всё равно к одному финалу. Там будет и сюжет разный, но путь в одном направлении.

Пару ссылок внизу на то как я обычно сюжет пишу для примера. Там текстовая игра и просто игра.

Usually when the script slows down, you either don’t know where to move or you know where to move next but don’t know what the characters should do.
As I understand it, a script is needed for the demonstration. Besides, part of it is already ready. I'll write a little later. Maybe this will point you in the right direction.
I also did this using neural networks. But I didn’t ask to do it completely, I threw in a part and the neural network generated several sentences to continue the story. If you liked it, you left it and wrote further or generated a few more sentences. If you didn’t like it, you either corrected what was done or generated something called. I don’t always do this, but sometimes the neural network produces exactly what I think is interesting and directs the plot to places I didn’t even think about.
Plot. You can divide the plot for demonstration. The part where the main character is in front of a web camera. There you can do randomly what they ask her to do. With a friend with whom she lives, you can, for example, see that he saw her showing something on camera and the choice of whether to continue or call him. There's a lot to do there. It’s easy to tease him or take the initiative and do something more intimate. You can also ask him to help with something in front of the camera. There are many options here.
A story about her guys from the Internet. Meeting him, inviting him to your place. I just don’t know where the plot should go with him.
For the plot, I would advise when choosing two or three choices that will still lead to the same ending. There will be a different plot, but the path is in the same direction.

A couple of links below to how I usually write a plot as an example. There's a text game and just a game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nov 19, 2018
Hey NylonBandit I see there haven't been any more updates on your EZVN. I remember joining as a beta tester, but got sidetracked with some life stuff (you know how it is), and I've been out of the loop. Is the project still alive?