• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[R>Artist 2D] [R>Artist 3D] [S>Programmer] Unpaid Looking to make your renders/2D images into short VN for free

The Divine One

Jun 24, 2020
Thank you for looking at my thread.
First, sorry for my English, it isn't my first language.

I don't know if this is the right spot for a thread like this but I hope it is fine.

Now let me get straight to the point, I am looking for one (or more) person that is willing to lend me their renders or 2D images (hereby in the future also just referenced to as "Renders" ) to practice making Ren'Py Visual Novels.

Project:
Ren'Py Practice

Developer:
Me, no patreon (yet), no discord.

Looking for:
Pre-made renders.

I am looking for someone who has made renders for a short story, stand alone sex scenes or comics that is willing to send me those renders to make a interactive visual novel out of with the goal to practice my Ren'Py skills.

The subject of the renders doesn't really matter, as long as it isn't something grotesque. The renders also don't need to be unique to me, if you've already done this before I would be more than happy to receive the same renders, who knows maybe I make something different.
As an example a short story could be of a young women enjoying her day at the beach, you see a pervert spy on her and when she goes to a changing room the pervert follows her and peeps. Doesn't necessarily need to have any existing writing, I would write fitting dialogue to add if think it would need it.

A stand alone scene would be any sexual scene, the important thing is to get multiple renders of the same pose so I can practice to "animate" them, as an example a kissing scene would have multiple renders from the same camera angle but only the tongues or lips would have moved, or their eyes have closed.

A comic would be a already existed rendered and written comic, you would provide the renders without any text or other 2D overlays on them and separately the text (or original comic) and I would recreate the comic as a interactive visual novel.
Depending on the size of the batch of renders I will attempt to add additional mechanics (character rename, love points, ability to fail event etc), basically the more renders I have to work with the more I can do. Don't go over board though, Anything above 10 and below 100 renders is enough for now.

Employment Type:
Unpaid, non profit.

I will not pay you for your renders, nor will I ask money for the visual novels I create using your renders. I plan to provide them for free on my future Patreon if I decide to make one, I will of course also send you the packaged game files when I have finished the visual novel so you can publish them yourself. Credits to both of us will also be displayed prominently with the ability to link to your Patreon page or other social media.

Work commitment:
Short term, non committal.

Neither of us is in any way committed to each other. I am not obligated to send you a finished visual novel, or process any requests/feedback. You are not obligated to send me anything or keep sending me anything.

Preferred method of contact:
F95zone private message, possibility for E-mail.

Job Description:
Leave a comment here if you're interested or have additional questions and contact me via private message. We can discuss additional information there (or move to e-mail if desired by you), like your Patreon or other social media so I can give proper credits. Once I use your renders for practice and I have finished the visual novel I will contact you with a link to download the game package that is free for you to do whatever you want with.

It is important that the images provided are at least 1080p.

IMPORTANT:
Fair-use: I will be operating under section 107 of the Copyright Act (USA), Commonly known as the Fair Use Act, with specific application for Teaching, Education and Research and under the EU article 2 of Directive 2001/29/EC (the InfoSoc Directive) + article 5(1) (The Computer Programs Directive ) with the fair compensation of you receiving the finished packaged visual novel to distribute however you want. I personally will not sell, ask money or distribute the created visual novel behind a paywall.
Non-exclusivity: I am not looking for any exclusive work, I do not ask you not to distribute the same renders to anyone else or stop distributing them yourself.
Right to distribute: You give me permission to distribute the created visual novel using your renders for free forever. You also have the right to distribute the created visual novel using your renders any way you see fit (ask money, give for free, wipe from the internet. Just know I might also distribute the same visual novel for free.
Not work: I am not looking for work, I am not providing work for free. You do not get to have any input on how or what I implement mechanically or visually nor will I listen to any demands. You are 100% hands off after the renders have been send.

Additional comments:
So just for clarification, I am not asking you to make new renders specifically for me. I am looking for people that already have a library of existing renders they made previously that form a short story or scene or comic and is willing to give them to me so I can create a interactive visual novel from those.

Now that all of that is finished, a bit about me while still staying anonymous.
I am an established indie developer that works on serious games (games for other companies/entities like museums) in Unreal Engine and I am looking to expand my skills because the bills ain't getting any cheaper and I hope adult games could give me additional income in the future. I usually do User Interface, Game Design/Prototyping and shaders so Ren'Py visual novels are a completely different and exciting path and honestly, I just want to practice coding in Ren'Py and with Python before I commit the time to learn how to make my own renders.

Ideally I would get multiple sets of renders so I can practice making 4 to 5 visual novels in total, ranging anywhere from 10 for simple one off scenes to 200 renders for a real short story type novel, maybe even have some multiple state events like failing and succeeding a shower peek event.

Thank you for reading my long ass post, I hope we can work together in the future (I probably take at least 1 day to respond).