Seeking Looking to play a "Perfect" HRPG

Feb 24, 2022
I think i found the absolute best Hrpg for me, after sifting to dozens of low effort rpgmaker games i found Hunter of Niplheim - Branded Azel the game has nearly everything i have wanted in a HRPG except good combat, let's be real most people don't play hrpgs for the combat, but if i'm going to spend hours playing your game at the very least let combat and exploration be fun.

( you don't have to read in between the numbers, i just specify stuff)

#1 Fun and Lighthearted

#2 Multiple Outfits with visible changes on both the pixel sprite and character image

#3 Unique pixel art sprites and not rpgmaker assets

#4 Female main character (optional)

#5 Non brutal rape scenes with characters ending traumatized

i would like to clarify this, finding an hrpg without rape scenes is nearly impossible, especially with a female main character, but recently i played a game that's been banned here out of curiosity called VH, and damn, the rape scenes where bad, really bad, with characters crying, looking bruised and beaten, getting pregnant and crying themselves out of bed every morning, basically i hate realistic rape scenes, in Hunter of Niplheim, Makina Fallen, Melty's Quest, the rape scenes are comedic and both characters end up enjoying it, there's also Longing of Esca a game that basically only has rape scenes that are not exactly comedic, but they are definetily not realistic with the main character either shrugging them off or enjoying it (begrugingly).

Before you ask Hunter of Nipelheim only has a single rape scene that traumatizes the main character, and it doesn't even involve penetration or touching because of lore reasons.

#6 The ability to replay whole events and not just cgs in a gallery.

few, very few developers understand this, H-SCENES WITHOUT CONTEXT ARE BORING, how is it any different then just browsing images on gelbooru, sometimes i like to skip h-scenes to watch later because i can't fap and play at the same time and i don't want to be spoiled/desensitized to the cgs. Makina Fallen, Branded Azel, Melty's Quest and other understand this, Makina Fallen takes it a step further with including some context of the events leading to the h-scene with is 1000000000% better.

#7 Sex pixel sprites

I know this sound weird but hear me out, it looks fucking awkward when the characters are having sex and the sprites just... stand there.

#8 Enemy pixel art sex and enemy defeat scenes

Hunter of Nipelheim despite being my perfect hrpg does not have this, it doesn't have this, idk if they run outta budget but the monster sex scenes all use the same art with 3 variations and doesn't even show the monsters, there is one, single defeat scene and doesn't show the monster.

#9 Voice acting (extremely optional)

#10 Unique game mechanics

#11 and final : SHORT.

i don't really want to spend several days playing an h game, the best one's i've played can all be beaten in one afternoon, Hunter of Nipelheim is perhaps a litte too short, i played for like 4 hours, and keep in mind i tend to grind in rpgs and i had to repeat some quest for materials, accidentaly repeated some quests and so on. most people could probably beat it in less time, but i guess the game expects you to read all h-scenes with takes a lot of time but i skipped them all for later.

That's it, that's all, my formula for the perfect HRPG Hunter of Nipelheim has most of these except, 7 and 8 and i consider it great, the game you reccomend me only needs 6 or 7 of these, thanks for reading and thanks for those that answer it.

Last edited:

ariloxi

Feb 10, 2017
Ariadne is what you are looking for. It ticks almost all your boxes regarding H-content but, most important, it is a fantastic RPG:
-Fun and original combat (yes, with some defeat rape sex and ripped clothes mechanics)
-Best dungeons I've ever seen in an HRPG with fun puzzles and epic boss battles. They top dungeons of most regular RGP games.
-Lot of optional and very challenging side missions.
-Fabulous writing: beside the hentai, that is well written too, the plot and how it unfold got me hooked. It honestly made me cry... twice. I was 100% invested in finishing the whole thing and it's the only game I've ever feel compeled to do a virgin run.
-It's short. I finished it in one day. I'll say between 8 and 12 hours.
-The soundtrack rocks.
… I could go on forever. This game is a diamond. It's incredible.

Reactions: TheGhostPizza1234
Feb 24, 2022
i'm not reading all that but have you tried explorer of yggdrasil made by the same guys behind nippleheim?
yeah you don't have to, like i said i only rambled on in between the points and specified myself, only the boxes are important, and yeah i actually downloaded Explorer of yggdrasil a long time ago but never played it because the main title screen looked so cheap i thought the game was cheap to, and man was i wrong the game nearly ticks all boxes, even does some things better then Hunter of Nipelheim even tho i'm sure that game is older, my only complain is that black train tends to rush the story and either info dump you or put the story in ingame books/computers which is equaly boring.

I also played the prequel to Hunter of Nipelheim, super short game, like 30 minutes long if you know what you're doing and also piss easy

Feb 24, 2022
Ariadne is what you are looking for. It ticks almost all your boxes regarding H-content but, most important, it is a fantastic RPG:
-Fun and original combat (yes, with some defeat rape sex and ripped clothes mechanics)
-Best dungeons I've ever seen in an HRPG with fun puzzles and epic boss battles. They top dungeons of most regular RGP games.
-Lot of optional and very challenging side missions.
-Fabulous writing: beside the hentai, that is well written too, the plot and how it unfold got me hooked. It honestly made me cry... twice. I was 100% invested in finishing the whole thing and it's the only game I've ever feel compeled to do a virgin run.
-It's short. I finished it in one day. I'll say between 8 and 12 hours.
-The soundtrack rocks.
… I could go on forever. This game is a diamond. It's incredible.
Thanks for the recommendation, you got me excited, i'll post my thoughts after i play it

Reactions: ariloxi