Unity - Lord Goblin [v0.21.1] [BBBen and his Big Brass Band]

1. 5.00 star(s)

BruceSpruce

This adult game's got some serious potential. Like the voice acting is top-notch, really sucks you into the story, and the artwork is breathtaking. But yeah, gotta admit, the gameplay can feel a bit like a grind at times. Good thing there are cheats to help you breeze through the tough spots if you're into that. and let's talk about the characters! They're so hot, like you really get invested. Overall, I'm totally hooked on this game. sucks that the updates are so slow
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Weeb34

This game seemed so promising, I liked the game play tbh and the characters are hot, specially the religious blonde, but the content output is just too slow, it's a shame, still very good if you only play just a little bit.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

domjn97

Love the game so far.

Great sex scenes and the voice acting is a great addition.

With use of the cheat codes it doesn't seem so grindy

Can't wait to see more development on this game and future works from the developer
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Smol Latin Weeb

This game has a lot of potential. The character designs are eye-catching and the few scenes currently in the game are fine. Hopefully we will get new characters to join the castle. It seems the dev cycles are kinda slow so hopefully it doesn't get abandoned.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

michaelstevens224

Game with a lot of potential, the voice acting and art amazing. The gameplay can get a little grindy but the grind can always be bypassed by using cheats.
    characters are extremely unique, Love the game
  6. 3.00 star(s)

johnathandarkly

i supported on patreon for 4 months because i love the art and like the gameplay loop, but ... the update speed is painfully slow. i appreciate the existing handjob animations, but the spanking animation isn't there yet, and is almost identical for all four women.

i'll be happy to pay a little more once there's more content and gameplay is expanded. i dont even care to see lord goblin have "normal" sex with these people, i just want more options for their existing services.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

asdfanon

Slow builds, I would wait a couple years to see if it gets updated more frequently or when it gets abandoned.

Art is decent. Gameplay loop definitely needs QOL- its not fun - probably because its not completed yet. The "upgrades" definitely need a buff after going through all that grind and effort to get enough resources to get them. Definitely needs better reason and story as to why you need to do XYZ events. Would think that more events would happen more frequently when you are commanding the land as a lord.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

harem.king

v0.14
    +Really good art
    +good voice acting for the girls
    -There is very little content (grind is not content) even after a long time in development.
    -very buggy.
    -more bugs added than fixed every update
    -no hotfixes. you have to wait until next major release for game breaking bugs to be fixed... but then that next major release introuces new major bugs instead of the ones they fixed. so sometimes you need to wait 2 or 3 updates until an actually playable version is released
    -Poorly balanced
    -Very Grindy
    -laggy (made in unity, and not well)
    -only 1 save slot hidden somewhere in a system folder which is overwritten automatically if you start a new game. You need to occasionally start a new game as they have updated the intro as recently as v0.13. They were told by users it is a huge problem but they don't seem to care to fix the saveslot problem.

I am burned out on this game.
    What a waste of potential.
    I might come back to it one day with heavy cheat use. Maybe.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Seewolf

Lord Goblin (v.0.13.2)

has got nice art and amazing voice acting, but very much fails to deliver in their core department: sexual content!

I’m unsure, if the dev and his team have got their focus in the right direction.

The game has got management aspects with lots of grind. The grind is already in the game, lots of it, but there is hardly any benefit to it, like spicy rewarding scenes.

You can unlock multiple upgrades of castle rooms so far, but most often to no real effect. Especially they don’t trigger certain story scenes, which are supposed to happen at some point, because those scenes don’t exist, yet.

Let’s be honest here, hardly anybody would give this game a chance without the prospect of sexual content! But after one year of development time, there is just very few sexual content: 1 missionary vaginal sex scene, 1 boobjob, 2 handjobs and 1 (rather silly) footjob (never understood the foot fetish).

So this game should really focus on adding way more sexual corruption scenes, because that’s the main selling point of this game. But so far many of the recent updates keep to disappoint by adding just minor improvements to the game.

My impression so far is, that the dev and his team is preoccupied with the icing, but doesn’t even have the cake, yet! At least their discord channel gave me this impression, where people were talking about adding new silly outfits, instead of expanding the so far very much lacking sexual content. After all nobody is interested in this game for seeing fancy, but silly new outfits. Those can be added later on as a nice gimmick. Instead they should focus very much on story events and sexy time between the mc and the maidens!

For the time being the development is rather slow, which wouldn't be a problem if new updates made at least a big difference, but so far they don't unfortunately!

We’ll see how this will turn out in the future. For the time being I’m willing to give 3 stars (1 for the nice art, another one for the voice acting and a third one for being promising.) I just hope that they don’t waste too much time on unnecessary minor content, but focus way more on their main selling point.
    I'm not sure, if they really realize this...
  10. 2.00 star(s)

pavilion76

There isn't nearly as much content as one might expect with the version being 0.9.0. Not only that, but progress is glacially slow, with no reward. I even went in the save and gave everyone max stats and essentially unlimited resources, and I still somehow fell behind in the maintenance tasks in just 2-3 turns, which feels way too unforgiving. The cool sounding things like potions and spells were either broken or not implemented yet. Perhaps in another year or two
  11. 3.00 star(s)

JacksDissapointment

[v0.15.0] Review update 11/28/23

Pros:
    great art
    great voice acting
    good story with a chance a great
    funny in a good way
    The random events and decisions are good, they just arn't very impactful, except the bad events, which are somewhat preventable.

Cons:
    The Grind is REAL; 4 girls, 3 opportunities to improve stats per day where most attribute or corruption increases are +1. If improving rooms in the keep helps this at some point, but as it stands, you're well over 100 days of grinding without being done.

cleaning rooms requires multiple cleaning jobs to finalize, this adds significant grind early on.

there is a low number of events tied to building up your kingdom related to soldiers and artisans so you are gated behind rng to finish upgrades in several rooms.

gold balance is way too generous to have any impact on tax decisions.

certain resources are irrelevant while others are insanely overvalued for upgrades, often with no sense to their need or cost. the balance is out of wack when it comes to Crown points quite often.

Resources are generous for the most part, but sourcing them relies on you having to check the scheduled optimal time for a maid to go and fetch them for you. This is fine mechanically, but is another draw on time in a time intensive game.

The larger issue is the splash screens for daily updates and phase changes of the game. They take enormous amounts of time away from the player in the long run because they are deliberately slow. This is the single largest issue with the game in it's current state.

conclusion:

Overall, there is a good game here. Some of the grind has dissipated through the upgrade system. The game play loop is solid. The characters are unique with their own quirks. The random midday events fit well, but need some tweaking when it comes to cost as the values of certain resources are not dialed in. The splash screens NEED TO BE SHORTER or removed.

There should be some form of reward or random encounter with the girls that does not progress time. Spontaneous encounters would give the player a sense of progression as real change in the behavior because the girls behavior has been adjusted by the player's actions and there is a reaction by the world, not the script, that the player can enjoy.

Gallery does not include story sex scenes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's a 4 on quality, but the negatives pull it down. Dropping the .5 score to 3/5. On second playthrough the negatives stick out so much more despite the general great level of polish of this project.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

BobCarter

I love the concept, most the art is good or at least okay, story is told in a confusing way that makes me feel like I missed something.

Every room upgrade is a WIP, cleaning some rooms just straight up doesn't work. It's super gridey with not much existing content.

I'll be real, this isn't even a Demo, this is a Proof of Concept at this point (0.8), not a demo, not a alpha.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

fadeadhorse

(v0.6.0)

This is more of a teaser demo than a pre-alpha game. There's only a handful of hscenes and not much to do around the castle. The story is barely developed as well. The art and animations are undeniably hot but besides that, the game is a bit of a mess.

There is quite a bit of instability in the game. The game crashes pretty often and every time I start a new day it gets stuck on a black screen for a few minutes. The crashes mixed with the lack of content mean that I wouldn't recommend this game. It's just a waste of time at this point. Maybe later when the issues are ironed out and content is added, I'll revisit this. I really hope this becomes a game worth playing because the gang of girls looks great but until then I recommend staying away.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

Minipax84

At the moment it's just a lot of grind for very little payoff; with mechanics that don't work properly and straining your PC. No gallery, no real save system, list goes on.

I understand what people mean when they say this game has potential, but that is simply not where the game is right now; pre-Alpha or not.

What I do like is the character design, the concept. Also have to note the extra effort of voicing the characters, though it's never really meant much to me in these games. I'm also not really a fan of these uncanny animations, but a lot of people do seem to love them so feel free to take that as a plus or minus.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

ronlongschlong

Looking forward to seeing this one progress.
    Goblins and hotties lookin good. Maybe add a goblin girl or some other fantasy races for diversity beyond what's currently available. Be sure to keep an eye on it.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

JB08

Hard to give a review for an early game but for now ill say this, so far so good. The visuals are top notch, the girls are hot, the gameplay is new and unique, the sounds are great. Given how I am so used to the standard renpy VNs, its not to get away and enjoy something so different. Funny to think you need at least some sort of GPU to play so im not sure how many people wont be able to enjoy this game but everything will get optimized in due time.

Looking forward to see where the future takes this game.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

dardinz

Really cool concept and amazing art. While it is only a demo at this stage, the gameplay already looks good. Looking forward to more interactions and hopefully the ability to change the costumes of the maids. Will be watching this one.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

JinNic

I really like where this game is going, extremely good art work and great idea behind the game developing. All in all a great beggining of this project and looking forward to where it leads. Hope this game gets the support it deserves because it has a potential to grow to be on the top list of games on here.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

TimmyLangstrumpf

I hope this game goes a long way.
    Just the demo gameplay left me wanting for more. I love the Art style and the characters also appear to be quite unique and different from another. The management gameplay looks quite good so far. Can't wait for the next release.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

El Presidente

Before you download it let's skip to the point:
    This is more than a teaser than an actually demo. Even the story intro is a teaser and doesn't explain why a goblin is becoming a lord. This teaser give just a taste of the gameplay and the only sex scene.
    But, the animation is very good. Any main character is animated and voice acted. All girl are good. Overall, i hope it will survive the expectation but they need to release a more tangible gameplay