Ren'Py - Completed - Lord King [v1.6] [ArchonStudio]

1. 2.00 star(s)

BigBlob69

Review of v1.6

This is just a straight up bad game. The plot is bad. The characters are two dimensional and boring. You don't come to care about any of the girls. The visual quality is low. The background in the renders is drab and uninspired. The models aren't attractive. The sex is awful. I used the cheat mod to bypass the pointless, braindead management part of the gameplay, so at least I didn't have to suffer through that. Music tracks are spread unevenly throughout scenes, coming in or cutting out for no reason. The ending is absolutely terrible. Don't play this game.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

SomeoneX22

The game start is very promising and even economy system with sandbox mechanic feels decently balanced, but sadly game was abandoned with rushed ending and not enough content with all characters. Intimate interaction options with some characters literally have only one choice.
    I still enjoyed game and binged it to ending.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Nadekai

Game had a massive potential to be expanded, but unfortunately the game ended up being rushed massively. The ending is really disappoint, end game doesn't introduce anything, some girls either have 1-2 scenes or loads of them.

In the end, I gotta give this a 3 stars, as this game was enjoyable and I got into it, but when the "end" started, it felt so damn rushed.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

rabbit112

Review of finished 1.6 version.

Pros:
    - Decent main story with some interestring concepts
    - Lots of pretty and varied girls, not a single ugly girl at least from my point of view
    - Some interesting stories for girls that make you care about them
    - Plentiful and varied H scenes
    - The game was finished

Cons:
    - The ending was definitely rushed, we've had many concepts and stories introduced but lots of them not expanded later (like south district lord and his sister, dates, getting affection with girls etc.)
    - Mediocre ending
    - Disappointing endgame with no new changes to open world, I would at least expect new girls (Vica, Q, Kleo) in harem
    - Lack of content (both H and story) for some girls like Barbara or Taina

Overall:
    I would rate this 7/10. It has a lot of cons main one being cut content especially at the end and rushed ending. However I think we should not loose sight from what is there and how good the girls and H scenes are. Also it definitely gets a point for being finished, its so rare to see finished games here.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Lester.Rutabaga

I tried Lord King and initially was promising. Though by the end of the story, your resource management only needed to be the bare minimum before getting a ton of stuff which makes you automatically win. Makes you wonder why they add a resource aspect if it doesn't matter by the end.

I am a bit biased since I am not a fan of 3D, but this game's graphics are fairly outdated.

It wasn't the most satisfying game to play if I could word it that way. But it wasn't bad either. I am not sure if I would personally recommend this game since the payoff at the end isn't really worth it in my opinion. So three stars for average. Not good or bad.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Revolving Mania

Like most, my opinion is that the game is entertaining, the story is engaging but it's brought down by its disappointing ending. I thought about giving it a 3-star rating, but the fact that the dev actually tried to tell a story with twists, turns and real stakes, plus actually manage to complete it already makes it better than 99% of the AVNs here, lol.

Quite a shame, this game was really close to being great.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

AsdrubalGervásio

It was a good game, way better than I expected. The animations are not bad, the story is cool, and I really liked how you manage the district. The ending is very rushed and I hate bad endings but I would say that it was still worth it because I had a lot of fun throughout most of it. I would recommend it but if you're not enjoying it a couple hours in the game then I think you should drop it.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Sick Loli Rapist

CONTAINS SPOILER

Damn shame. Spent hours finishing it only to get to actually what? The scenes were not the best but still acceptable. The worst thing is what happens after the game finished. You can do literally nothing. If I knew it was going to be like this I would have dropped it much sooner. Still I leave 2 stars because the girls looks really good. Btw, what happened to the Lord of South? We hear of him, and about the sisters Queen, at the beginning of the game basically, but then they just disappear... Oh well, we know that South falls but only thanks to a single dialogue at the end... Thank you.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Alfre4u

Another starts strong for a while then starts going down as make grabs patreons then when does rushes it to move unto another one...

Looks good at times, has some unique then typical concepts and all that... but I can't see something that does this as a thing worth more then 3 ever and thought of 2 but its become such a common thing that 3 ie average is fair.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Mega14343

I actually put this off for a good while, but then decided to give it a chance.
    I really liked the start and it really seemed like the game was going somewhere, but then I don't know what happened. Maybe there were troubles in the development or something? All I can say is that the game fell apart.
    After a while all the quests just become a "wait" thing, and no sex scenes are added (for example, there is a certain mother-daughter pair that the MC says he wants to have sex with, but never does. Guess he forgot about it?)
    I say play the game until you finish either most or all the quests in the questbook, but don't actually finish it. It's not worth those last few hours, as much as I hate open ending, this one would be better like that.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

JustAlexKing

Where do i even start, the 1st half of the game is quite decent, but then the 2nd half and the ending is just a bloody friggin mess, nothing you do matter tbh, all the stat in this game is just for show, you would guess there are certain choices and things that will affect the ending, but in reality, there are just 2, that you choose in the end, and i dont even bother try the 2nd one (which i guess we will just destroy the whole bloody world).

*The pros:
    -Girls are pretty, most of them.
    - The overall apocalypse theme.

*The cons:
    - Where do i even start, ah yes, the Animation , it short, it low quality, you get like 1-2 scene with each girl, probably 1 BJ, 1 standing /doggy position and thats about it , its like the 2 second motion loop animation, very short, repetitive, boring, despite the beautiful girls, very little camera angle change and lack of extra position and length on all scene, make it tough to enjoy.

-Story : Mediocre, apocalypse is a good theme, execution? horrible, short, plain and empty almost, by any standard, i play a lot of different game in f95, this is the worst story so far, none of your choices have any significant consequences, u probably miss out on 1 scene or 2 lines of dialogue , at best, and at the end game part, it wont be matter anymore, girls or guys you save wont even show up, unless u pick 1 of them to be queen, then you got like 1 picture showing that girl sitting next to you. Nothing else matter, got my citizen relation to -100, doesnt matter, try to boost it to 100+, still nothing change, you can have 200 guards + with 300 citizen /500 slave, doesnt matter, still the same 2 ending, at the end of the game, you could have like 100k+ gold and 1000 guards and it will be the same story + ending as someone who rush the game with 50 guards and 1k gold .

-Character: There is no character, u get like 5 bond scene with Catherine, 3 scene with Taina or sth, that's it, normally in other game like Harem hotel, dark magic , etc you get to know the girls, talk to them, befriend them, learn about their life story , deeply known about them, interact in sexual, hang out with them, have romance date, ... etc -it may not always in the same order, but it took hours for each girl you encounter with a lengthy and noteworthy stories that pique your interest in them ,in short- you actually grow a bond with the characters, in here, you get a brief introduce to the girl, 1 small story mission to help them, then u get 1-2 more animation where you f*ck them repeatively, there are almost 0 interraction between the girls, no romance scene or very short, insignificant scene with all the girls, some of them, like i said from above, didnt even show up at the ending, despite i already make choice to bring them with me.

Overall, if you are interested in the girl, try it ,but dont expect anything good from this game, animation, character, story , everything feels rush and incomplete, this game desperately need a remake to even be mildy enjoyable, dont need to take my words for it, experience the game yourself, if you wish.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Ive-11

not good enough,

love the idea of apocalypse but what with poor execution of ending
    not many sex scene is repeatable, cuz the decent n good one was not from repeatable sex scene
    animation still need to be improve
    render decent,
    char, i dunno why put so many girls then there only few of to follow or even called interesting,
    just a note, there's only 2 ending n 1 way path(love)
    sorry guys who love torture girls but this is not for u even there "rape" says, i got fooled too :Kappa:
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Okeanos

This game has all the things you want. Hot women to get you going. A variety of women to enjoy, with different styles and personalities. A side management system to give you something to achieve to get even more hot women. A story that is logical and makes sense. And perhaps something I found surprising, the male npcs are logical, and not all one dimensional bullies. Plenty of hot animations and women, give it a shot.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

latrop16

I find the game pretty good, the story is fine, you can follow it without getting bored.
    The gameplay is decent, you have a bit to do.
    Models are sexy and scenes are good.
    I give it definitely a decent 4/5.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Machete

Now, this might be one of the oddest game i've played so far. Everything is so off and bizzarre. Dialogs are all over the place and the quality is most surely not super. Models are standar issue HS2 and even the sex scenes are straight out of that game.

Yet i can see a lot of good will and enffort in this project. The gameplay is eventuful, full of plot points, the micromanagemente is essential but ok overall and... well... i honestly had a fun experience playing through.

I really can't give it a five. I was considering a 3, but this game grown to me, so i think a 4 will be good enough and i even recommend to the other forum member to give a shot for fun, not keeping the bar too high, and enjoy a complete game.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

peter1212

I am conflicted about this. This game has a unique and engaging story and good graphics, but I feel like the ending was quite rushed.

The fighting mechanics also seemed completely random.

I feel like it could have been a lot better if it would have been polished a bit more and if it got the ending it deserved.

Not a bad game at all and I still had fun playing it. If I could give it a 3.5 star I would, but I feel like it's not 4 star worthy right now.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

Irdu Lili

Yeah no, sorry but that ending was obviously rushed and so incredibly dissapointing it genuinely ruined the rest of the game for me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game already had somevery low-quality assets and animations with almost no variety, and a ridiculous amount of the girls that appear have maybe 2 scenes in the whole game and some you can't even replay, but at least the general plot and the game mechanic of slaves-citizens-army were somewhat enjoyable and interesting to balance; enough to deseve maybe up to 3.5-4 stars average just for that and the potential of said plot alone.
    And yet the finale wasted said potential and even ruined the few things it had going for it by giving its plot a nonsensical rushed ending to every plotline and making the entire balancing act between soldiers, citizens and slaves pointless and nearly irrelevant for the entirety of the finale.

It is clear that there is potential in both your writing and your sense of game mechanics within VNs, and I honestly did enjoy the "economic" system within the game and saw potential in the setup done in every storyline, both main and secondary. It's just a pity the actual sex scenes were underwhelming in both quality and quantity, and the lack of delivery in said storylines was the last nail in the coffin.

Once again I am sorry, but I genuinely can't give this more than 2 stars, and that's only because f95zone doesn't allow me to give it 1.5. I really wish you the best in your next project and hope you will not be forced to give it such a rushed ending.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

rance4747

How should I put it.
    Imagine the feeling when one of the most promising series that you actively followed suddenly gives you the 5 minutes of "and then they lived happily ever after" being written on the screen and then the whole project closes down.
    Thats what I feel about this game right about now.

Imagine not giving a proper ending to an otherwise all around feel good power fantasy, and instead settle down for the most uninspired and lazy sex scene in the entire game folowed by a final choice where you decide "which girl sits in a chair next to you". Then it all just ends.

If it wasnt for that, and the fact that realistically the project feels only some 60-65% finished it would have got a 5 stars on all fronts based on my previous experiences. The problem is, it doesnt feel finished, the second half of the game feels void of interactions compared to the first one, and by the looks of it - it will remain as such.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

Matt_88

V1.6 - 09/09/2022

So I followed this game from the beginning.
    And know it's his first game. So I rated it for a beginner def.

The good.
    * The sandbox, I am usually not a big fan of it. But it really works well for this game.
    * The models are decent and did not see them in other games yet.

The bad
    * Story feels like it's not complete, or its like blam here it is.
    * Girls, many girls have 1 sex scene no real romance/story.
    * Ending feels fast(not really thought out) and no prologue.

So with all that said, I think it deserves a quick play. But more than that it's not worth it. Not going to recommend or remember this game in a year
  20. 4.00 star(s)

mrttao

v1.1
    Far in the future in a post apocalyptic world with mutants and wasteland tech you ascend to the throne as a new king.
    I am finding the game quite enjoyable, although a bit weird how MC is just fucking all the infected mutant girls and somehow not catching it himself. I can't decide if I am really supposed to just avoid them or not.

There is quite a lot of salt about a "traitor" in the harem so I think I should clear it up.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I am all for "if you have one bullet left and in front of you are an enemy and a traitor, kill the traitor instead of the enemy".

I am also gosh darn impressed at how well thought out this plot is. It really places me in a spot where not only I can't follow on that, I can not even really punish the traitor. I mean can't in the logic sense not in the railroading sense, it makes perfect logical sense. Bravo to the author.

I am also not too salty about being betrayed in such a manner since hey, I get to be king and I got to marry the princess.
    10/10 would love to be betrayed this way again.