• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Lost in dream is out now.

Demolukas

We are all equal.
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2018
Alpha is out now, Download link is at the end of this post.

I started this project back when I was making a video to show the limit of rpgmaker, but some how I got fixated on this idea. And right now I kind of making this into a game(Not promise though, Cause I don't have that much of time and money), I'll call it<Lost in dream> for now. This is my first game, and I'm not a native english speaker, So it will probably be crappy and awkward, don't be too harsh on me, please.

The game is a visual novel, but I do plan to add more gameplay-wise content, because it's using rpgmaker so, It would be rather easy. Storywise ,this is about the MC(a high school teacher) living with a ghost girl and have some "naughty" time with other characters too, there are some horror elements at the beginning, and some 4th wall breaking moments, so watch out for those. I was planned to make this game more like "teaching feeling", but it didn't work out, so right now it's a kinda linear game. And I have some decisions to make, should I make a full blown sex scene or just some small tease? This is out of my comfort zone, so I don't really know I can do it or not. I also tried to make some loop animaitons, but it will be too big(1 animation probably take 10MB storage space at 720p, give or take.), So should I ignore this storage thing and keep making animations instead of image render? Some other problems are not that important, So I'll just skip them for now to see how it goes.

This is our ghost girl.
View attachment 3387297

These are characters from school.
View attachment 3387300

I guess that's it then, I will release an alpha soon. so, later then.

Thread Link: https://f95zone.to/threads/rpgmaker-lost-in-dream-v0-1-alpha-demolukas.201683/

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: | Vee |

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
I started this project back when I was making a video to show the limit of rpgmaker, but some how I got fixated on this idea. And right now I kind of making this into a game(Not promise though, Cause I don't have that much of time and money), I'll call it< Lost In Dream > for now. This is my first game, and I'm not a native english speaker, So it will probably be crappy and awkward, don't be too harsh on me, please.

The game is a visual novel, but I do plan to add more gameplay-wise content, because it's using rpgmaker so, It would be rather easy. Storywise ,this is about the MC(a high school teacher) living with a ghost girl and have some "naughty" time with other characters too, there are some horror elements at the beginning, and some 4th wall breaking moments, so watch out for those. I was planned to make this game more like "teaching feeling", but it didn't work out, so right now it's a kinda linear game. And I have some decisions to make, should I make a full blown sex scene or just some small tease? This is out of my comfort zone, so I don't really know I can do it or not. I also tried to make some loop animaitons, but it will be too big(1 animation probably take 10MB storage space at 720p, give or take.), So should I ignore this storage thing and keep making animations instead of image render? Some other problems are not that important, So I'll just skip them for now to see how it goes.

This is our ghost girl.
View attachment 3387297

These are characters from school.
View attachment 3387300

I guess that's it then, I will release a demo soon, so if you interested, be sure to download and try it, If you have some suggestions, feel free to post here.​
Congrats:giggle:!

A bit advice if you will, Don't reveal name of the game I know a case in which other dev deliberately/unintentionally used the same name even the dev who came up with the name originally couldn't do much but to change the name:confused:.
Also, keep in mind which type of audience you want to target and will your story be able to target them? I'm talking about tags which are avoidable not skippable.

KEEP GROWING!
STAY HEALTHY!

GOLDLUCK!:coffee: Demolukas

Reactions: Demolukas

Demolukas

We are all equal.
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2018
Congrats:giggle:!

A bit advice if you will, Don't reveal name of the game I know a case in which other dev deliberately/unintentionally used the same name even the dev who came up with the name originally couldn't do much but to change the name:confused:.
Also, keep in mind which type of audience you want to target and will your story be able to target them? I'm talking about tags which are avoidable not skippable.

KEEP GROWING!
STAY HEALTHY!

GOLDLUCK!:coffee: Demolukas
Thank you for your advise, I'll keep in mind. There's a lot things going on, I think I will just make demo first to see how people react what they want, then I can work towards that. Again, thank you.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Thank you for your advise, I'll keep in mind. There's a lot things going on, I think I will just make demo first to see how people react what they want, then I can work towards that. Again, thank you.
BTW I loved Ghost girl:giggle:(y)!

Demolukas

We are all equal.
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2018
Check this video! Might give you some ideas;)!
Well, Thank you for the idea, I kinda like it. I do have a plan for the tv originally, but I dropped it soon after I decided the storyline. Maybe I can do something with it when the demo is finished.:cool:

KaeruVN

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2024
should I make a full blown sex scene or just some small tease
Depends on how whether you really need the sex scene or not. Are you planning on adding it for a plot related reason or just to have an adult scene in your game? If it's the former, I'd say you should go for a full blown sex scene.

1 animation probably take 10MB storage space at 720p
Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about how much memory an animation will need, some games can become incredibly bloated or take up a lot of space.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just go with what you think works best for your game.

Also, I'm a dev that's using Koikatsu as well, so if you have any questions, hit me up.

Demolukas

We are all equal.
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2018
Depends on how whether you really need the sex scene or not. Are you planning on adding it for a plot related reason or just to have an adult scene in your game? If it's the former, I'd say you should go for a full blown sex scene.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about how much memory an animation will need, some games can become incredibly bloated or take up a lot of space.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just go with what you think works best for your game.

Also, I'm a dev that's using Koikatsu as well, so if you have any questions, hit me up.
Thank you for your suggestions, It helped alot.:)

Reactions: KaeruVN