VN - Ren'Py - Love and Evil Things [v0.1.4] [Petals]

1. 2.00 star(s)

xv321

The game starts with you as a disembodied being taking over the life of a recently deceased young executive at an all-women's office. You are informed that you will either help or destroy them (likely leading to a choose-your-ending cinematic at the conclusion of this probably never-finished work). The game is intended to include horror and comedy elements, but the 'horror' aspect feels cliché , while the comedy comes across as the overly confident, try-hard style often seen in online forums.
    The love interests in the game follow typical tropes, such as the inexperienced, energetic friend falling in love, the horny bisexual girl, the sporty girl, the rich girl with a good heart, and so on. The main character (MC) lacks a distinct personality beyond pondering multiple times about their body's past. This lack of personality might not be an issue if there were ample choices for players to role-play, but such choices are lacking. Player input is limited to deciding whether to pursue a romantic interest. The story itself is vague, with the MC going to work on multiple days and interacting with one-dimensional love interests. Occasionally, you witness the love interests interacting without the MC in an unsuccessful attempt to flesh them out as characters. Essentially, this game feels like an e-hentai gallery implemented in Ren'Py, with a location selection menu added to extend the gameplay.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Jimmystrokes008

The start of one of the great Koikatsu games if this keeps getting updates. No complaints from me, the amount of content in the release was so much as well. I really enjoyed the story elements and can see that this opening is just the start to something that will truly be great.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Cartman-Brah

I don't remember laughing so much at a game lately. humor alone can elevate a game to a very high level. apart from that, I also liked the renders very much. I think there is no reason to deduct points.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

hoshimota

(Review of version 0.1.1)

It's new and just getting started, but what they have released so far is simply incredible.

This game has some of the best dialogue and humor that I have ever seen in an indie adult game. The amount of hilarious situations and scenes that they manage to weave together is amazing. There is no "oh this is boring let me click click click through this scene" content - at all. I enjoyed every word of it. The pacing is perfect - it's not instant gratification where you meet girls and they want to bang you 30 seconds later, but it's also not an extreme slowburn where the devs are just milking you for aeons slowly building up to the actual sexual content.

The graphics are really impressive; this is by far the best use of Koikatsu I have ever seen. It puts other previous Koikatsu games to shame.

The game has high quality sound and music as well, a level of detail that is often skipped on new adult game releases and then maybe (and usually shoddily) added in later.

Really just an A+ title all around. Dying to see the next update!!!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

jackyusey45

Bruh the comedy is top tier
    kinda confusing the start, maybe changing it could help the start of the game like showing the accident and going back in the time to show what happened and how the mf ended in that body
  6. 5.00 star(s)

m4pII

I enjoyed the game.

Yes, the story is quite banal (school setting, chad-sensei, cute niece, schoolgirls in love, mystical secrets, etc.), but it is done at a very high level.
    There are great characters, good renders, dialogues and humour.
    I was pleasantly surprised by the high level of animation here.

In my opinion, the author has done an excellent job and I look forward to continuing.