4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

ECCwnere

Dec 8, 2021
In general, I think most of us romantic Harem enjoyers prefer the girls entirely to ourselves. As in they only have sex with the MC and just the MC, maybe threesomes+ are involved, but the focus of the girls is entirely/mostly on the MC himself. No other scenes should happen with the girls without the MC, if they do, they should be entirely optional and should not happen at all if we chose to exclude it, none of that skip it but it still happened stuff. Just saying, for future reference.
From what I've seen there a decent amount of people here that don't like the girls doing stuff by themselves.

I wanted to mention that I'm in favor of it and it doesn't bother me at all. Just generally people that don't mind or like the content tend to keep silent and just rate the game highly or ignore the negatively but sometimes all you see if just the people complaining.

It's your story at the end of the day and your vision is really what's going to make the characters feel alive and engaging. Try not to deviate too much to bend the knee when you know or plan how these scenes characterize your characters and the flow of the story.

I wanted to mention that since sometimes people will latch on to one thing they don't like and its feels like everyone feels that way when it's really not at the end of the day.

The first version was really good and something to be proud off so just spending the extra effort giving some support to someone who deserves it.
Take care.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Where's at? I didn't hear any VA say a single line. Is it just moaning or something or do they actually talk?
It's not heavily implemented at this point, I remember there was a scene where you are talking to one of the girls in the hallway and there was a voiceover of a girl laughing and then saying "you're funny" for example.

Also note:

As for the sad stuff. I will be addressing all sorts of depressing themes that many teen girls deal with as they grow up. I will not make light of those themes or use them to punish the characters for no reason. My editor was once a teen too and wouldn't lend her voicework to a game that treated them lightly, especially since she's gone through a lot of it.
(See how he mentions voicework)

OK I did some sleuthing lol - go into the game folder, then go to 'game\audio\sfx' and listen to these files:

• CompleteYou.mp3
  • kumi_3_sfx1.mp3 (this is the one I remembered and mentioned above)

That might be it for now.

Last edited:

Lordborgman

Jan 6, 2020
From what I've seen there a decent amount of people here that don't like the girls doing stuff by themselves.

I wanted to mention that I'm in favor of it and it doesn't bother me at all. Just generally people that don't mind or like the content tend to keep silent and just rate the game highly or ignore the negatively but sometimes all you see if just the people complaining.

It's your story at the end of the day and your vision is really what's going to make the characters feel alive and engaging. Try not to deviate too much to bend the knee when you know or plan how these scenes characterize your characters and the flow of the story.

I wanted to mention that since sometimes people will latch on to one thing they don't like and its feels like everyone feels that way when it's really not at the end of the day.

The first version was really good and something to be proud off so just spending the extra effort giving some support to someone who deserves it.
Take care.
Think you replied to me thinking I was the dev, I am not. I was just stating my views/assumptions on others like me that I have noticed over the years. Either way, cheers mate!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: R P

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
And regarding the book club, the fact that I'm not interested is my choice and my opinion (I especially emphasized "my"), I'm not saying that it's the general opinion: I don't know how many people share it or if it's the majority or not (according to the poll posted before, is at 3%, so it's very minority, if we could extrapolate it). It's simply mine and that's why it matters to me, it doesn't have to matter to anyone else, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop giving it, nor am I going to change it because I'm in the minority. Even more, I'm not asking to change nothing I'm only saying that I'm going to use a choice that already exists in the game. I'm pretty sure that it isn't offensive to anyone.
Dude, no one cares, you've said your piece several times now, play or don't play, just shut up about it and move on.

Nath92

May 5, 2017
i want to note something that i think is fantastic about this, i love how often things that happen in 1 on 1 events are referenced, what i mean by that is that is often in sandbox games 'events' often have stuff that's never referenced again, except by the character who's event it was, but seeing so much be talked about between characters in other events and scenes made it feel much more natural compared to a lot of sandbox games, (also the skip button is genuinely amazing for when i was nearing the end of the current version) characters are all great so far too

all in all, fantastic so far, look forward to the next version, loving the small drops of the main story you've thrown in too

angevarg674

Sep 5, 2022
Dev, please tell me you drop the random japanese phrases later down the line. Game's great, the plot is really intresting and the characters are likeable but Jesus Christ man, every time a random "mata ne" shows up I take physical damage

Btw this isn't me telling you how to do your job. Words like sensei or onigiri are completely fine stating in japanese, and even the ocasional baka can work if done ironically. It's just that when the joushikouseis go to the gakkou to benkyou suru I can feel my soul start to leave my body

Last edited:

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Dev, please tell me you drop the random japanese phrases later down the line. Game's great, the plot is really intresting and the characters are likeable but Jesus Christ man, every time a random "mata ne" shows up I take physical damage

Btw this isn't me telling you how to do your job. Words like sensei or onigiri are completely fine stating in japanese, and even the ocasional baka can work if done ironically. It's just that when the joushikouseis go to the gakkou to benkyou suru I can feel my soul start to leave my body
A lot of us like it. He did not do it way over the top like your post suggests. Just my opinion.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018

I don't mind that the Dev includes those Japanese expressions. In any case, the truth is that I don't know the meaning of most of them, and in general what I do is interpret what I think they may mean.

angevarg674

Sep 5, 2022
I don't mind that the Dev includes those Japanese expressions. In any case, the truth is that I don't know the meaning of most of them, and in general what I do is interpret what I think they may mean.
That's another problem it could have. I am fortunate enough to understand them, but not everyone will. Just the act of having to switch my brain from english to japanese takes me right out of the moment.

Idk, this is just me bitching at this point but I just feel like they're a bit too random, throws off my whole flow, y'know?

LaETDev

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2017
That's another problem it could have. I am fortunate enough to understand them, but not everyone will. Just the act of having to switch my brain from english to japanese takes me right out of the moment.

Idk, this is just me bitching at this point but I just feel like they're a bit too random, throws off my whole flow, y'know?
You're free to bitch as much as you'd like, I don't take any of it personally. Here's what I've posted on Patreon today in regards to this:

Japanese translations:
The only repeated gripe I saw in the feedback was that some people didn't enjoy the seemingly random Japanese interspersed into the girls' lines. Why were they added? It's in alternate reality of Japan, so sometimes they speak a bit of Japanese, mostly when they get either emotional or are talking a bit too casually. The reason I went this route is because I think it adds an extra bit of character to the game, and also gives you an insight into the mental state of the girl when she's speaking.

I also feel like I did a pretty decent job of not requiring you to look-up a translation if you don't want to based on the context of the line and how characters react. Do you really need a translation to tell you that Mei and Suki are insulting each other? Probably not.

That said, it's very easy to program an on/off switch for this so I'll add an option to the game for people who really hate it. It'll default to On however, and the base game will still go forward with that as the default consideration lore-wise. The option will be strictly QoL for those people.

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
You're free to bitch as much as you'd like, I don't take any of it personally. Here's what I've posted on Patreon today in regards to this:

Japanese translations:
The only repeated gripe I saw in the feedback was that some people didn't enjoy the seemingly random Japanese interspersed into the girls' lines. Why were they added? It's in alternate reality of Japan, so sometimes they speak a bit of Japanese, mostly when they get either emotional or are talking a bit too casually. The reason I went this route is because I think it adds an extra bit of character to the game, and also gives you an insight into the mental state of the girl when she's speaking.

I also feel like I did a pretty decent job of not requiring you to look-up a translation if you don't want to based on the context of the line and how characters react. Do you really need a translation to tell you that Mei and Suki are insulting each other? Probably not.

That said, it's very easy to program an on/off switch for this so I'll add an option to the game for people who really hate it. It'll default to On however, and the base game will still go forward with that as the default consideration lore-wise. The option will be strictly QoL for those people.
Man, how the fuck do you ingeniously navigate every one of these situations???

"Waaaaah another sandbox game!!!"
... "Don't worry, I'm adding a skip to next scene button."

"But but but what if there is some kink I don't like at some random point in the game???"
... "That kind of stuff will mainly be relegated to the book club scenes which can be skipped."

"When I'm playing a game about Japanese people living in Japan, immersed in Japanese culture, which was made using Japanese software, I for some reason strongly object to the occasional use of a Japanese word!!!"
... "No problem, I'll take time out of my busy schedule to add a button to remove the Japanese words just for you."

Patience level 1000 my friend

Apr 28, 2022

Take care.
Agreed! Those whiny babies do NOT represent most of us!!!

I for one like it when harem members play around with each other, its sexy as hell!

Make the game you love dev! And dont be swayed by a loud minority. As long as you make something good with consistent updates, then youll get supporters.

Jun 20, 2023
By the way would the "War" point in story be developed further along or is it the same thing as "Space War" anchor like in LiL? Just a minor curiousity since it is tied to MC, him being a veteran and all. Seems like a good plot point that can be used in many different scenarious, but considering the LiL inspiration, it could also be just a "space war" kind of thing

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LaETDev

LaETDev

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2017
By the way would the "War" point in story be developed further along or is it the same thing as "Space War" anchor like in LiL? Just a minor curiousity since it is tied to MC, him being a veteran and all.
I think you'll realize soon enough that if I put something in the game then it matters.

Except for the dog eating ice cream. Sometimes a dog just deserves some ice cream.

Reactions: Nath92 and kingc123

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
I actually admire the author's connections/references to LiL. They're subtle enough only players of both could get them, but also minor enough it's not overtly distracting to the entire experience. And it is just references (so far). Not any story beats or anything of that ilk.

Yua's definitely hiding something though...

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes