VN - Ren'Py - Love, Honor, Betray [Ep. 8] [Renio Studios]

1. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 2/5
    Dident really do anything for me, the blackmail feels stupid and its just to rush things along to FMC will do shit faster which also lowers any build-up or romance, it also jumps around a bit and overall it story dosent really make much sense.

As for the girls its pretty much for people with big tit fetish only, theres barely anything in the normal or smaller builds which makes it even more boring, maybe some of them will have sex scenes later with FMC but i story is just not good enough to come back to this one and see.

Girls 2/5
    Mostly boring bimbos, there are a few normal girls but not some you can play with but just watch them have fun with others? happens quite often.

Animations 2/5
    Not all scenes are animated, some are really awfull, theres a few that are pretty decent but overall its not good.

Music 2/5
    There is a bit of music but nothing special and set very low, some effects as well which is proberly better then the music really.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

prawnstar700

Very hot, and I get that the dev is trying to appeal to the lesbian community by making the game equal opportunity shagging.

Girl on girl isn't my kink, but the rest are awesome renders. Keep up the good work!
  3. 4.00 star(s)

ObsessivelyAroused

Short summary:

Pretty renders ,some hot scenes, has potential.

Good Things

• Some pretty great renders
    • Hot scenes
    • Good animations

Bad points

• Character development is inconsistent
    • Story jumps here and there without purpose
    • Not that many choices
    • Narrator explaining everything that happens
  4. 5.00 star(s)

DrDerpington

TD;DR = good game with female protagonist, who will get corrupted.

Story: 4/5
    + Story follow this hot nurse who is sexually frustrated. Her husband doesnt have time for her. So she will start going out to drink and experimenting. And her friends will try to slowly corrupt her.
    + Nice thing about a plot is the fact, that you mave many choices how heroine will behave. She can be a faithful wife (to a certain degree). She can be a tease. She can pursue only lesbian encounters. Or she can go full slut route and fuck everything. Heh.
    - Only downside of the plot is blackmail subplot. It feels slightly stupid. Only very stupid naive person could fall for it.

Art and Sex Stuff: 5/5
    + Girls are hot.
    + Renders are good.
    + Sex scenes are hot.
    + There is a lot of sex scenes.
    + Many times you can choose between lesbian sex or straight sex.

Gameplay: 4/5
    + This is typical VN with choices.
    + Choices will mostly influence whom the MC will fuck (or not).
    + English is decent.
    + Game has soundtrack. It is nothing special, but it gives nice ambience.

To sum it up:
    I really liked this game and I am giving it 5/5.
    I will recommend this.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Its not so big

first of all the renders are pretty good. there are not many games featuring female protagonists that have the same or better quality.
    in this early state there are many lesbian love interests which isn't for everyone. i personally like it.

now we come to the things i don't like. the game generally has a good pacing, but there are some lewd scenes where you think "that escalated quickly". because it happens all of the sudden i first thought i missed something. that wasn't the case.
    i assumed she would be more hesitant considering she has a husband. it feels like her husband doesn't exist at all.
    that doesn't mean she shouldn't do lewd things with another person, but she should at least not do that with someone she met for the first time.

all in all it looks like a promising game and like something to keep an eye on.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Olivia_V

There's a lot of things this VN does right on a surface level. The visuals are near top tier for F95, and I particularly commend the facial reactions even as I nitpick the rather cartoony blush effect. I also like how the VN uses sound, something that the vast majority of non-voiced VN's pay very little attention to.

But what really makes this VN for me is the substance. The writing is really good, and if the dev is not a native English speaker then the writing is all the more remarkable. The dialogue flows well, and each character seems to have their own personal voice. The character development of the protagonist proceeds at a reasonable pace, something which a lot of "slow burn" VN's struggle with, and I feel invested in following her growth, at least on the "lesbian path" I took for the MC. I think it is one of the better lesbian paths on a site littered with so many middling ones.

On the flip side of the writing, there is a blackmail element, of which could be the source of endless frustration for me, but so far it is not totally bereft of sense and does not lock you into scenes you don't want to see. As of this writing, there's no prospect of the MC stumbling mindlessly onto an unavoidable rape scenario. So, this is that rare blackmail storyline that hasn't detracted from the experience and hasn't devolved into pointless character degeneracy. At least for now.

PS

I reserve the right to alter the review should things change at a later date.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

xXxNeospiritxXx

game looked promising until the blackmail stuff happened, from that point on the story doesn't make any sense. sadly because it really started pretty good i was interessted in some lesbian routes etc. but yea it's all not worth continuing when the main plot of the story just doesn't make any sense.

renders were not bad while lewd/sex scenes were not all animated. if I would have to give this game a piece of advice i would say either remove the blackmailing content entirely or make it more believable and not just a tool to make the protagonist do sexual things faster than she would do normally.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

palmtrees89

Looks promising!

Good renders, solid writing, interesting story so far. Characters, especially the MC, are nicely done. Hoping the Blackmail won't go too crazy as it's a very overused thing in my opinion, but other than that I think this game deserves much more following.

Frequent updates are also a big plus. Something you don't see too often in recent days with most games, and I sure do hope the developers will be consistent with it.

Keep it up!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Bolero

Interesting game. To me personally the main reason is the main character Lacey. She is incredibly cute. Renders are very good too. The way i usually rate games is how i feel when i finish the update. At the end of this update i was like, oh shit i got to the end and and i cannot get enough and i crave for more. Means the game deserves high rating. So 2 main ingredients for an amazing experience are here, gorgeously cute main character and very good renders. When i say i crave for more, mostly i think more Lacey, she is adorable.

If i could say what i would like more and what less. I would say that so far the game focuses mostly on lesbian sex. Would have loved if in the future her relationship with men gets similar attention. And i do not mean her boyfriend when i say men.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

doku99

Love, Honor, Betray has very high quality renders. The writing is also much above average. It's a short game so far, but the potential for this to become something very good is definitely there.

I'm looking forward to seeing the updates for this game. Good start.