Ren'Py - Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll [v1.61] [FlinPaltwell]

1. 4.00 star(s)

maankamara

This is easily one of the most notable projects on this site, which sadly will go unnoticed by many because it doesn't look flashy on the surface like many of those worthless unity projects that have a handful of disconnected high texture models and animations(the projects we all know will never get finished).

What Love, Lust and Rock'n Roll lacks on the surface it certainly makes up under the hood. The writing is good and mechanically the game delivers an intriguing story that can have countless altering paths. It feels like an actual game. It is still in fairly early stages so much of it is still undelivered potential, but I have good faith that it will deliver a finished product one day.

Definitely one of my personal favorites.
    4 stars because it is not complete or perfect, so I can't justify perfect score at the moment.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Lamoucheronn

This game is a breath of fresh air, it really differentiates itself from other games on this website in a good way.

I'm really loving this art style and prefer it over the traditional DAZ models, voluptuous breasts are a big bonus as well =)

The story is good; not overcomplicated, but not too dull either. The romance interests are beautiful, and the sex scenes are vanilla so they aren't degrading anything of that sort, just very well done. The animations are a bonus and nicely done but it isn't necessary imo, because there is sufficient amount of CG in the sex scenes with a good enough pace.

Where the game really excels imo are the game mechanics. This isn't a generic game, so you won't be able to unlock everything on your first playthrough. There's a thing called Ascension mode, basically a NG+ with stats from your previous playthrough that creates higher chances to unlock even more CG in your next playthroughs which I found very rewarding.

This game is genuinely fun to play and replay again so I'll definitely add it on my watch list!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

dsp0

I thoroughly enjoyed this game in large part because of its innovative mechanics. It's not complicated and feels more natural, not as forced as more "standard" mechanics people use. The other elements are on par: the story is not bad and art is ok, but the game play brings it all together.

As the description suggests you can replay it, maybe once though, but I wonder how the random component of the mechanics is going to work out with the game growing and people wanting to see every single scene. Personally I do not care if I missed a scene or two, but perhaps including some mechanism to see "what did I miss" would be an idea? I do not think people would want to replay too many times just to get the very last scene that they missed.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

BigDdave1999

This game is brilliant. Its not your usaual visual novel, the game is all about converstion. You start the game with a girlfriend and then depending on how faithful or unfaithful you want to be you can try it on with her sister, her mother, or your band mate. As the conversations are random you are not just going to roll back until you get the answer you want to bang them all. Trust me i tried. The graphics are not the best and there is strangly no nipples, but it has animation and some interesting situations. I didn't see Yoga, shopping or the gym in sight. looking forward to more
  5. 4.00 star(s)

iron4doves

Man this game just needs more content, more scenes (preferably animated ones), that is it. Oh... and... replayable scenes... (really wish this would be standard in H games, just like boobs are standard). Music would be a nice touch. Maybe more girls. But being honest: it just needs more content.

And to be clear, there is not a poor amount of content today, I would say the amount is... acceptable. But the game is great. Basically you have a girlfriend, and your girlfriend has a best friend (who is your best friend's gf), and your gf has a older sister, and your gf has a mom. You get where this is going.

Due to how the gameplay works, I don't know if dev could add more girls without making the experience a cluster fuck. Maybe. But as an example it would be cool if your best friend had a mom. If he had a... younger sister? Or if MC had a mom... and... you get it.

The gameplay is actually pretty good, it's feels like an actual game! But not too much of a game that it detracts from story and H content. You sort of need to experience it for yourself, it's not a crazy concept or anything but it works really well.

I think the art is good. I cranked the framerate up on the animated scenes just fine (THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO, THEY LOOK SO GOOD MAXED OUT).

I think the characters are believable and interesting.

It's great. Recommended in current state (with understanding that game is not content rich at the moment), and definitely recommended in future states.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Fucking amazing. I love the randomization, the emotional connections tp the characters, the replayability, the conversation minigame, and the busty chicks. I can't wait for more episodes! Can't decide between Julie and Amy so far...