flamie

Game Developer
May 8, 2019
The revenue here is in spite of the dev's bad decisions, not because of them. Anyone who understands basic economics can see how shortsighted and inexperienced this dev is and how they're stunting their supporter growth and income.

EA's predatory practice works because they actually understand how to do it properly, they spent all of the 90's building up an empire and cornering the market for an entire demographic that they can now exploit freely because they have no competition and have built up decades of consumer loyalty and brand recognition.
1AF47919-BEAB-45A1-955C-55EC3146DF3F.jpeg

borkenone

Sep 6, 2018
I took the time and unlocked the save and skip option. It's just like the offical offline version of the game, an Electron app, but with unlocked features and Offlaner patreon scences.

Mega
I see this featured in the OP,
dose this work if you drop its contents into the latest version?

Lerial

Nov 12, 2018
Bunch of pussies in the comments. This game is still better then 98% of other games which are dropped, straight up bad, doesnt have improving art (like 4 elements trainer), or have 1 update in a year
you mean this game is better than 99% of badly handled games... sure. i think most people will freely give you that.

but theres still a few hundred other games that are better than this, and are better handled as far as patreon is concerned, as well.

Sep 3, 2017
Flamie, I thought I told you this before but the way this game is paywall is fucking atrocious. It is okay paywall a game but the way you guys do it. It just painful to look. 1. you lock the skip function behind a paywall. 2. online drm for a game. I don't understand the need for this. Why not make that patrons play newer versions of the game by having a sign up function or something similar to that. 3. the price being 15 per month. I called you out in my review but I will do it again bc you don't seem to learn why you earning that much money to begin with. Because of the online drm, people will have to stay as patrons in order to keep the very things they pay for. You going to see that graph go down quick when the very moment that the full game come out. Other devs who games come on this platform are doing far better than your game. Why the hell did you post this in the first? This is not a argument to show "Hey this game is doing well by the looks of graph" when people can make a easy counter argument by saying that price is 15 dollars PER MONTH WITH ONLINE DRM THAT WILL TAKE YOUR HARD WORK AWAY WHEN YOU STOP PAYING FOR IT. You never one made any counter argument when the last time I came back to this thread. I easily look at conversation between me and you to show that you can't argue to save your live from what I see. Please Take your time to actually make a argument for why you should do this. Please enlighten me.

flamie

Game Developer
May 8, 2019
Flamie, I thought I told you this before but the way this game is paywall is fucking atrocious. It is okay paywall a game but the way you guys do it. It just painful to look. 1. you lock the skip function behind a paywall. 2. online drm for a game. I don't understand the need for this. Why not make that patrons play newer versions of the game by having a sign up function or something similar to that. 3. the price being 15 per month. I called you out in my review but I will do it again bc you don't seem to learn why you earning that much money to begin with. Because of the online drm, people will have to stay as patrons in order to keep the very things they pay for. You going to see that graph go down quick when the very moment that the full game come out. Other devs who games come on this platform are doing far better than your game. Why the hell did you post this in the first? This is not a argument to show "Hey this game is doing well by the looks of graph" when people can make a easy counter argument by saying that price is 15 dollars PER MONTH WITH ONLINE DRM THAT WILL TAKE YOUR HARD WORK AWAY WHEN YOU STOP PAYING FOR IT. You never one made any counter argument when the last time I came back to this thread. I easily look at conversation between me and you to show that you can't argue to save your live from what I see. Please Take your time to actually make a argument for why you should do this. Please enlighten me.
You can play for free with saves and skip, dude:

You can unsubscribe whenever you want, and re-subscribe whenever you want, and you'll get all the content again. No need to pay $15 every month. Huge amount of patrons doing it this way. They donate $15 if they want to get new release faster, and donate $2 every other month just to support our project.

Sep 3, 2017
You can play for free with saves and skip, dude:

You can unsubscribe whenever you want, and re-subscribe whenever you want, and you'll get all the content again. No need to pay $15 every month. Huge amount of patrons doing it this way. They donate $15 if they want to get new release faster, and donate $2 every other month just to support our project.
This is a cop out and not a argument. You didn't explain the reason why the online drm is there in the first place. (Don't say piracy because this is a cop out answer. People will find a way around it one way or the another plus this is a singleplayer game on top of that) two. When I last spoke on this thread, You really didn't denied this back then so How could I take you at your word now other than playing the game myself. 3. "Huge amount of patrons doing it this way." Show me prove of them doing the exact same thing as you are doing and keep in mind that it has to be vn too. Nothing else will count so prove to me that people are doing the same thing as you guys using VN this way.

flamie

Game Developer
May 8, 2019
This is a cop out and not a argument. You didn't explain the reason why the online drm is there in the first place. (Don't say piracy because this is a cop out answer. People will find a way around it one way or the another plus this is a singleplayer game on top of that) two. When I last spoke on this thread, You really didn't denied this back then so How could I take you at your word now other than playing the game myself. 3. "Huge amount of patrons doing it this way." Show me prove of them doing the exact same thing as you are doing and keep in mind that it has to be vn too. Nothing else will count so prove to me that people are doing the same thing as you guys using VN this way.
>reason why the online drm

Because it's more convenient way for us to share new releases with our patrons. It's also easier to fix bugs, when we don't need to build a client every time. I can fix bugs in minutes, because game is online. People also don't like to download games, so offline client is an audience loss.

>3. "Huge amount of patrons doing it this way." Show me prove of them doing the exact same thing as you are doing and keep in mind that it has to be vn too. Nothing else will count so prove to me that people are doing the same thing as you guys using VN this way.

Tbh I don't understand your question.

Our patrons (followers) should use our game how?

I'm not talking about devs of other games.

I did talk about the fact that our patrons (followers) donate us $15 not every month, but only when new releases come out.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017
"Because it's more convenient way for us to share new releases with our patrons. It's also easier to fix bugs, when we don't need to build a client every time. I can fix bugs in minutes, because game is online. People also don't like to download games, so offline client is an audience loss."
This is the answer that you should have said in the beginning. I think the game wouldn't get a 1.8 rating if you said this to begin with if this was reason for the online drm. If you have said because we made the game to be online so we can give the updates faster, that part I can understand. However, I do think there are better ways than drm. You still have the game online without needing the drm by requiring people to sign in with their patron to access the new content. You can easily have more control that way instead. Even if people tried to find a way around this, they still need their patron to access your game's new content.

1.80 star(s) 82 Votes