Ren'Py - Lust Colony [v1.0] [Moccasin's Mirror]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Kraz4life

*For transparency's sake I have previously funded this dev on Patreon and I played the "final" 1.0 version of the game from said Patreon*
    Let me start by saying I love the first game that this dev created, Lust Vessel; it is one of my favorite adult games with great art and a fun, albeit basic, exploration/combat loop. I was super excited for the quasi-sequel Lust Colony and am interested in their announcement of a third game as well. That all said, Lust Colony is a fairly average visual novel with extremely minor gameplay mechanics that make the standard combat from the first game look brilliant in comparison. The game follows the new female MC as she arrives on a colony world where she is meant to develop a high end resort while interacting with a pool of four main romantic interests. The twist is that the MC isn't the candidate the company that hired her thought she was so she is battling against low expectations to create a solid final hotel... but there is no real way to lose or screw up. The game proceeds from checkpoint to checkpoint with only minimal player input. The main mini game sees you assigning robots each morning to harvest one of four resources, but there's no real timer as far as I can tell that you need to beat when it comes to constructing the various new areas. You just wake up, see which blueprints are available depending on where you are in the story, and then assign the robots to get the stuff you need then you get a chance to travel around the hub areas and interact with one NPC a day to progress those "relationships." However, unlike Lust Vessel where the NPCs had specific interests and in-game requirements you needed to meet to pursue a relationship with any of them, these NPCs all just ask you blatant questions here and there that proceed with their storyline routes that basically equate to "do you want to have sex or not." Unlike in the first game where wrong choices may turn an NPC off to you and lock of their story paths, these NPCs will only be locked off to you if you choose the "no" answer in the few choice sections when the characters are usually like "hey hit yes to fuck, hit no to ignore me." The artwork is still top notch which is the highest draw here and the voice acting is pretty solid for the female NPCs although it only kicks in during sex scenes for the most part. Overall, it is a quick visual novel with minor point-and-click mechanics and great artwork. If you like the dev and their previous work it is worth checking it out, but otherwise I'm going to hope that they rebound with their third game and put a bit more effort into the whole thing cause this entry was pretty average.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Falcon1209

The art is ok but the writing is beyond awful. Not sure if english is the native language but it sure doesnt feel like it. There's even English voice over on the rough writing which makes a bad situation worse.