Lust Epidemic + Treasure of Nadia creation tools?

Jun 14, 2018
Both games look so different from anything else. Are they daz3d made? Are they using some sort of filters to make them a bit more cartoonish.

How they make rpgm maker not look so pixelish? Are they drawn all the sprites for it by hand or there is some sort of tools for these?

Reactions: TREXrg

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
The characters look like DAZ models, but with a custom skin shader. Since he makes animations, I wouldnt be surprised if he uses a different render engine for rendering, as DAZ is notoriously bad for animations.

As for RPGmaker, you can litterly make it look like anything you want. You aren't even limited to sprites to create your maps. You can use parallax mapping to turn any picture into a map. There are some plug-ins to help you with that. Since his new game shows some 3D scenes from his maps, it seems to me he just creates the whole scene in a 3D program, and just render the image he uses for RPGmaker maps using an orthographic camera (not sure what the specific angles are).

Jun 14, 2018
It is just way over any RPGM games. It runs smooth, no pixelish craps, on a lot of game when you open a door there is like a second delay (maybe less) but here there is none.

I looked around for some good map tools just to make a map and add it to renpy. But most of them are paid or too cartoonish while even his map looks like made with Daz3d, which I guess is possible but requires very specific assets, so I was wondering if he created them by himself.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
The door opening is just a setting you can disable. Basic door has a 3 frame animation with a sound before it loads the next map. You can disable this or remove the delay, and it would instantly load.

For the map it doesn't require specific assets, it requires a specific camera set-up. He just created overview renders of his buildings in ortographic view. Combined them with photoshop or gimp to one file, filled the rest with the roads, and some other parts, and imported it into rpgmaker as a basic map. Make transfer points at the building locations, and only allow movement on the area with roads.

I don't know if you can do the latter part in renpy, or something similar, but creating the map itself isn't that hard. You just need to have building assets with a bit of surrounding set-up, pick a good camera angle for the overview render, add the different buildings together, and fill-up the gaps.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
You could export the assets you like from DAZ to blender and alter them slightly in there to create variation or a cohesion texture style. Its a decent way to start learning blender.

Jun 14, 2018
Oh, I didn't know that probably gonna try it. It looks strange if my map is too far away from the daz3d models. My current map is more like a cartoon one, and that isn't even close to the daz3d normal assets.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Converting textures from daz or blender is a bit annoying though. There is a DAZ and blender addon to make it work, but if you want coherent textures all across the board, you could use the inbuild texture library in blender to replace them. There are enough different ones, you should be able to find something that is very similar to the daz 3d models.

Its an addon called blenderkit. It should already be installed with blender 2.8, you just got to active it (Edit - preferences - addons). It adds blenderkit to your toolbar in the right of your main 3D screen (if you dont got this toolbar, press N). It has an asset part with a ton of assets (some are free, but most require a subscription), and a texture library (which are all free). Clicking the little ball icon at the top in the blenderkit toolbar switched it to textures.

Jun 14, 2018
Thanks for the ideas, just downloaded blender.

Still trying to find their custom skin shader in the Daz3D shop, unless it is made by them.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Thanks for the ideas, just downloaded blender.

Still trying to find their custom skin shader in the Daz3D shop, unless it is made by them.
Definitelly done in daz, but after done some postwork to make it look cartooned. Nothing special to do, just apply right filtrer in any batch image editor.

About map it's all done by Developer great work with RPGM layers and parallax mapping. He done here really excelent job.

Reactions: Paranormal erection
Jun 14, 2018
Definitelly done in daz, but after done some postwork to make it look cartooned. Nothing special to do, just apply right filtrer in any batch image editor.

About map it's all done by Developer great work with RPGM layers and parallax mapping. He done here really excelent job.
Gonna search for that filter, I searched for skin shaders last week but nothing.

Smbt3D

Nov 3, 2019
Personally I think he uses eevee or another real time engine for his rendering (Treasure of Nadia), the characters are definitely Daz, maybe he has also set up his animations in Daz.

But there are subtle animations of the characters in almost every scene, to render this in Daz Iray would have taken days.
(or maybe he earns enough Patreon money to pay for a / buy his own render farm) :)

And his animation quality is top notch.

fffffffffffk

Sep 1, 2019
Personally I think he uses eevee or another real time engine for his rendering (Treasure of Nadia), the characters are definitely Daz, maybe he has also set up his animations in Daz.

But there are subtle animations of the characters in almost every scene, to render this in Daz Iray would have taken days.
(or maybe he earns enough Patreon money to pay for a / buy his own render farm) :)

And his animation quality is top notch.
He's smarter than most devs. If you do some digging, you'll notice that his images aren't in 1080p like most games. You'll also notice that he doesn't use a pointless "wobbly" camera, so he can render the characters without background and add the background later. This takes a couple of seconds or minutes in DAZ. After that he edits the images to give the illusion of depth.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
(…) You'll also notice that he doesn't use a pointless "wobbly" camera, so he can render the characters without background and add the background later. (…)
This is indeed a gigantic time saver. Without the background I reduced render times from 2-3 hours to 2-15 minutes depending on the complexity of the scene. so for a 60 frame animation (literally 2 seconds worth) you go from 120 hours best case to 15 hours worst case.
This is basically the only way to make animations really viable without a boatload of cash.

Jun 14, 2018
Is there some sort of tutorial for this? I haven't tried very complicated stuff but with default Iray settings for 1080p, I got like 1h of rendering time GPU+CPU with 1070ti (factory OC) + i5-8400. Although my PC isn't very usable during that time (everything is at 100%), so I usually go to the gym. So for 150 renders, I would need... 150h which is almost a full weak non-stop work.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
I'm far from a pro at Daz but here is how I do it (please be aware that the lighting might be off when compared to rendering with a background).
  1. Open your set empty and place a camera in the middle of the room roughly at eye height. (doesn't matter too too much)
  2. Go to the tab camera's and then to lens
  3. Set lens distortion type to spherical
    1583434458054.png
  4. Render the image. This will serve as a pseudo-HDRI (Daz can make true HDRI's but I haven't been able to yet or at least not in a reasonable time)
  5. make your animation and place the camera
  6. Lock the placement of your camera
    1583434030285.png
  7. Save the file as a masterfile
  8. Save the file again with _bg at the end (or whatever works for you)
  9. Now hide items that move in your animation
  10. save the file
  11. Open your masterfile
  12. Save the file with _ani at the end (or whatever works for you)
  13. Hide the background (but keep any items the characters interact with including any mirrors and objects they are sitting/standing/lying on when in frame)
    Below you see the hidden background except for a duvet (Character can just be seen to interact with it); the mirror and objects visible in the mirror
    1583436639450.png
  14. Go to the render setup tab and to environment
    1583437347442.png
  15. Replace the usual environmentmap with the pseudo HDRI we made earlier
  16. Set the dome to finite box
  17. Temporarily turn on draw dome
  18. Turn on the iray preview mode and see if the dome is oriented correctly
  19. Adjust the orientation with dome orientation if neccesary.
  20. you can adjust the size of the room with Dome with, height and depth (don't worry too much about this)
  21. you can center the Dome with Dome origin X, Y & Z (don't worry too much about this)
  22. Once you are happy with the dome placement turn off draw dome
  23. Render both the background and animation and combine them in your favourite movie making tool.
So here is an example of the difference in lighting (I see I choose two of her wierder facial expression. I promise they make sense in game ;)):
With BG Without BG
1583437892770.png 1583437741475.png

For me this is worth it though because if I don't do it I can't do animations at all. And someone who is better at Daz than me might be able to get a less flat lighting using an actual HDRI etc.

an example of floating characters:
1583438305857.png

I hope I haven't forgot anything and it is a helpfull guide.