Unity - Completed - Lust Is Stranger [v1.0] [The Architect]

1. 4.00 star(s)

PrestoMajesto

Story: The game seems to be a sort-of soft AU version of the original game's verse where the MC's appearance alters the timeline a bit, so
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Jerfferson gives you a task to capture the youthful ladies in all of their glory!

Originality: We've all seen parody games before, but I think the art style certainly stands out as soft alterations of the source's style.

Renders: Rather than use straight 3D models, it uses a sort of "paper doll based off of 3D models" style. It's certainly unique. I can see this being both a positive and negative, but I liked it.

Sound: Music that apes the source material without actually using it.

Playability: It had a lot more actual gameplay than I was expecting. It's not just a "click to go" VN style. There are actual puzzles to solve, even if they are simple.

All around very good and the lewd content that is there at the moment is great! I would actually pay for a finished product.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

caspupu

tf hapened to the game it look like garebage really the side scroll its not a good idea the first person make the game more envolving now it just look really bad :( I was really enjoying the game until now.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

kuhoka4

First i though like this game gonna be like other tall handsome strong mc with really big D but then i played it 10 minute later i just say wow this is amazing.

I am not gonna lie some things still feel lacking but other than that this is %100 worth to play game and you should play it support it.

Characters goods graphics good too if oyu are fan of this series then even better ero scenes really well made i am not gonna spoil so you need find for yourself but i am gonna say one simple thing just play and see it even this game not that long and now gonna be 2D-3D style for a reasons and i can say that reasons makes sense making open world game with low budget really hard.

Yeah this is not even done with big budget patreon i am not joking there lot of games with 20 30k money but this one even low budget feels like real and you can feel quality.

For last thing i can say i love Max this game makes me love Max even more first time you met with Max amazing and well done i wanna thanks to creator making game like this if you wanna try it or support it dont listen others play it for yourself.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

zedascove

Had the potential to be the best game from this dev and one of the best adult games ever made. I'm kinda sad this is being remade, I really liked pretty much everything about it. Easily 5 stars for me.

And to the user bellow me speaking about the small size for the content, that's called good coding.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

kristijanEX

As of 0.3.4.5
    I usually don't start out with the graphics in a review, but the game has a great art style and it works even on bad laptops like mine that are 6-7 years old and have an integrated graphics card.

The gameplay, characters, quests..etc. are all perfect and you have some choices in this game that matter a lot more than just the regular conversation/stat choices, although we will have to wait for a new update for the big choice quest.

I recommend buying the Treasure Detector, the 4$ you spend on it might seem like a lot early on, but you will make it back and it will ease your suffering when you're looking for hidden items. Also have 1 lockpick on deck, although you will need to buy 2 in the start, however that is right next to the guy that sells lockpicks so that's no problem.

If you don't do something on a given day, don't worry, the quests aren't timed.

EDIT : I dropped my rating from 5 to 3 stars because going 2d lost a huge part of the game's charm to me.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

erbk

Lust is Stranger is a fun parody of the first Life is Strange game. The school and other areas included are perfectly recreated in a first person view and a lot of familiar characters appear.
    The Architect knows the game very well and it shows in how the various interactions with the characters seems fitting.

It's very much a game in progress but it already has some nice molesting and oral sex scenes. There is a morality system but right now there isn't much to it yet.

If you ever wanted to have fun with Max, Kate, and the other girls -- don't skip this game.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

BenHatira

Had fun playing this early version of the game - it looks good - the controls are good - the whole atmosphere is really immersive and fun to fool around at.
    The game mechanics and minigames are challenging at some points and it gave me the feeling of actually earning a deserved reward after beating them (which i prefer).

As as said it's still a early version but i get the feeling this will turn out great!
    I'm pretty sure this game will be another worthy succesor regarding the previous really entertaining and actual fun to play games by the same developer.

Can't wait for further releases !

So just try it out for yourself pretty sure you will like it
  8. 1.00 star(s)

ParanoidAndroid

Too much tease. Weird Choices. Mini Games are fucking random & retarded making everything frustrating. Not enough appeal to offset stuff which is mentionend. Only way to get better stats is to know beforehand the right answer. So to play the game you need to already know every plot point. Too much effort for just same fake titties and a lot of pretentiousness. Wasted potential.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Brat12321

He deserves every money he gets. One of the games I am always very happy about when there is a new update. Your games are very extraordinary and awesome dude! Please leep going! I hope you will be successfull!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Deoxyribonucleic Acid

One of the most competently made games I've seen on this site, great controls, dialogue and a faithful parody of the source material. It just needs some more content, which I'm sure will arrive in time. Fantastic project.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

991207z

Very good parody on Life is Strange. Nice attention to details and plenty of memes. I would like to see more background music, slower minigames, and maybe an official guide. Always wanted a date with Kate and this game granted my wish.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

jack7952

haven't play any great game like this for a long while!!!!
    don't even bother to ask or read any reviews!!!!
    just download it and play it!!!!
    you are going to love it!!!
    play it!!!!!!!
    u can jump in this game, omfg awesome!!!
    I never leave any review to other games cuz it all these just so ordinary, but this is fun and worth your time!!!!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

jbomb

This game must be seriously well optimized. I cant believe that its only 161mb. Full animations, detailed areas, and true to the original game. Also good job on the writing, the characters actually feel like themselves. Seriously looking forward more content!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Kira999

Perfect game(y), not boring 'male protag', good dialogs, small file size, atmosphere also very nice just like you playing orig game lol!
    Not gonna lie, I thought it was going to be another crappy game, BUT :love:..... I really liked it , good job very very good job!
    Girls are really tiny, hope to see kind of belly-bulge here:p.
    Minuses: 1st - i have only two hands :D (about keyboard),
    2nd - This is Life is Strange parody, not on TombRider (some shit really hard),
    3rd - because of the quests, a long period of time is created between scenes, it needs to be shortened a little.
    The review is over, now i want to check their patreon :cool:.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Happy Potter

Not gonna lie, I did not expect this game to be this good given the small file size. I guess as the saying goes, don't judge a book by it's cover. It's very well made, you can tell they've put in a lot of effort, and it's very well optimized even for low end devices. I enjoy the ability to interact with things even when it's not necessary for progression, it's immersive. I love the humour as well. The mini games are extremely fun, and the fact that your choices can have different impacts on people and the outcomes can be different is very good as well. Very excited for future updates, but It's definitely worth playing in it's current state as well.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3176988

I really like this game. I first tried the tech demo before I even heard of or played the original game. I thought that the tech demo was disappointing. I stared a girl's thighs, walked around a room, and picked up trash. Like, oh joy. How can I get excited about a Unity tech demo that shows one or two game mechanics and then most likely will never get another update again, much less get completed? Seems like there are way too many Unity tech demos like that out there that get one or two small demonstration updates and then become abandoned. So anyway, I eventually played the original game, not even knowing that Lust Is Stranger was a parody of it, and I loved the game a lot. The side story is really boring for me though, so I haven't been able to finish it. So today, I finally got around to playing this 0.3.2.3 Beta version and I was pleasantly surprised. I was in for a real treat. It was incredibly sexy. I was already excited by the time that I checked out Victoria's behind and I liked how I scored some affinity points with her by just being brave. Then I saw Kate in the hallway, and I don't know what it is about that girl but I just like her a lot. I'm really happy that I get to corrupt and do things with her. Then Brooke? Wow. That situation escalated nicely. Max accidentally grinding on me on the bathroom fllor was nice, and honestly she looked better naked later on than I thought that she would. Then back to Kate and her handjob. I can't wait to go all the way with her. This game is going to be a lot of fun. I can tell. I wonder if Joyce is on the table. So this game is incredibly good because you can do things that you can't do in the original game, like walk around and use camera movement. The characters have been expanded on. So you see stuff like the skateboarder doing a bit of hustle on the side after getting an internship job. The dialogue is crazy good, exactly how the real characters would talk. The quests have been fun. Everything has been great. There are some complaints though. So I will address those now.

1.) The game audio was on full blast when I started the game, with no way to lower the sound from the Options menu. I hate games and websites that have sounds on full blast. The audio on some websites is so loud that I have to turn the volume down from anywhere from 1-4 on a 1-100 slider. I actually had to install a persistence volume extension in my browser so I wouldn't hear the video blast every time that I refreshed the page. At least some Ren'Py developers are smart and they have the default volume at 25% and you can then turn it up if you want. But some Ren'Py developers are really bad in that they purposely make their game loading music and sounds super loud, like they want to excite you and make you think you are on a thrill ride or something. It's a very poor tactic and I don't like how this Lust Is Stranger developer is doing the same thing. He should have added an audio adjuster in the game in the tech demo version. The fact that it is still lacking one now is pretty bad. And even if he adds an audio adjuster later, that does not change the problem that the default volume was way too loud. It needs to be lowered to 25% or at least 50%.

2.) The game has serious camera glitches when first interacting with people. I first noticed it with the janitor. You click on him and the camera just spins wildly nonstop. I reloaded and replayed that part of the game many times and also tried talking to him later in the game, and most of the time the camera will glitch and spin nonstop when talking to him. Then like three or four other times with various characters the camera will point at the ground or sky and not show the female you are talking to. And that will last a couple of minutes until your dialogue has progressed enough, and then you will be able to see them once the scene changes. I noticed this when Kate was sitting on the bench. And some other times like when sitting next to Kate in the restaurant or right when Max entered my bedroom.

3.) I don't like the mini game difficulty too much. I wish that the level of speed and difficulty was turned down some. For instance, when I wanted to tap my foot with the Principal or punch Warren's face, the game would clearly stop and freeze on my desired selection. Even after I pressed the spacebar on my desired selection, my desired selection was selected and remained selected for a few seconds. Then suddenly it would switch to some other random selection, and then I had to repeat that part of the game all over again until I was able to get what I wanted selected. Then the smooth talking events wasted a ton of my time. I must have repeated Kate's like 30-50 times altogether. Like a dozen times per afterschool event. That just takes away from the game, not add to it. I've gotten a bit better at it, but I just feel that the minigames speed and difficulty need improved some. It should be a slight challenge not an almost impossible one. No one should have to repeat the same part of the game countless times. Even repeating it once or twice is bad. But once or twice is far better than 12 x 3 = 36 times for smoothing talking or 5-6 times for quick dialogue responses.

4.) That's pretty much it. I wanted to keep taking money from the one kid, but I could only do it the one time. It would have been nice if I could have taken $1 from him each of the following days but he always tells me that he is out of money. I was hoping to see Chloe again too so I could buy some more weed or follow up with her on Prescott. Even if that is a future update, I would have liked to see her NPC with the words "No more content till future update" in dialogue. And this was a big one for me. Almost getting Max to go all the way, her leaving, and me being kicked to Main Menu and having to start the game over from before I invited Max over. But I guess these things are trivial and are just a reflection of nonexisting content. I just think that it could have been done better. Have the Max event end with you going to bed and starting a new day. Having Chloe around but not be able to progress further. Stuff like that.

5.) I'm kinda surprised that things progressed with Max so fast. I was expecting a bit more of a challenge. I was happy with Brooke and Kate, but Max was like "okay I'm getting naked now because you think that it will help my photo submission." I'm not complaining. I don't want it to be tedious or a chore. I was just surprised, that's all. On some doors that you have two options - open door, don't open door... I wish that it would just let me go through the door without slowing me down like that. If I make the wrong choice, I can always turn around and go back through the door again. I wish that there were some juicy easter eggs in the Principals office. Like be able to find three or four items that I could benefit from while he was in the parking lot. And I wish that I could have walked in on the one girl in the restroom after I beat her friend Taylor at the smooth talking game. I wanted to personally give her the bracelet that I found and then get intimately close to her in the restroom, since I already made her like me a little earlier by mentioning a TV show that she liked and "minions". It was really disappointing when I didn't see her after that, so I decided to just corrupt Taylor instead of giving her the bracelet. I'm not really thrilled by the idea that smoking weed decreases intelligence if used too often. Hopefully it won't be till like every 3-5 uses, and hopefully intelligence only lowers by one point. I am just greedy and want every point possible and don't want to lose points here and there because one item that increases points also decreases them. That's a bit annoying. And finally, even though the dialogue was crazy good, there were some really bad spelling mistakes made here and there. Like using the word she instead of her. And a few other bad spelling mistakes. It almost felt like the spelling mistakes were made intentionally by a master of the English language just so that he would have an excuse later if people ever complained about the dialogue.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

semendevourer

I really enjoyed this game. The look of all the characters and environments are great and accurate to the original game. I've played the developer's previous works and didn't think that they could've topped Goons raid her, but this is looking to surpass it.

I look forward to the next update!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

FreedomGundam18

One of my new favorites. The 'loose' camera style works well with this game. The mini games are incredibly fun, really well thought out, and the charaters are all unique compared to many of the other games I've played. The female 'corruption' aspect of the game makes you want to be a real little devil. Can't wait for more content in future, the dev has a really good thing going here. Thanks 'The Architect'
  19. 5.00 star(s)

adr5ian

I was very, very impressed with this game. I played Hack and Stalk 2 and 3, HnS2 was quite good actually, but this is on a whole different level. Models look great, original and realistic, graphics are amazing not just for an adult game although probably it is the best looking game of this kind ever. Writing is as good as it can be.
    Yeah, I cannot praise this game enough. That such a talented and skilled developer is doing adult games is probably unique. Although it seems like a massive amount of work, I just hope he will not stop developing the game when it is actually becoming interesting like the case with HnS3. Instead of creating new games in the future, better add new areas and girls in this one. This game had an immense potential and would be a shame to be wasted.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Knut Wuchtig

Wow! That is really cool for some sort of pre release. Gameplay and look are on a level with orginal LiS,
    I have played original LiS and was missing the "dirty touch". Maybe i am spoiled by using f95zone ...

Looking forward to see more content.