Ren'Py - Lustfield [Beta v0.1] [Noname Team]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Sylia Stingray

Review for the v0.1 Beta.

This is a sandbox style game based on The Simpsons. You go around Springfield talking to characters at different times of day to take on quests to progress the game. Nothing new here.

Art: Might be the best thing about this game so far. The character models are all on point, though the female characters are especially made sexy. Marge retains her classic look but wears a shorter dress, has her Large Marge breasts and wears heels as an example.

I feel Marge's design needs some recognition here. Marge's hairstyle is called a beehive and is meant to stand straight up. Despite this, it's common in some artist circles to have Marge's hair droop down, assuming to make it look sexy (but it has the opposite effect). Regardless, this artist got her right, and that's one of the things very important to me.

Content: Almost non existent. The Simpson house is fully explorable and a few locations in Springfield, but a lot of characters have dead ends. If there's anything else, the creator made it very difficult to find. Those nude shots of Marge in the title for example? It's been on this for 30 minutes and I haven't even found them yet.

Story (and writing): It's okay. Fry gets teleported to Springfield and starts living with the Simpson family, and characters do feel like their TV counterparts. However the writing very much gives away that this is written by an ESL speaker. The English is passable but feels unnatural. A few words are also fucked (i.e. "Tusks" for Tasks), Maggie is called Megan and Manjula is spelled with a g instead of j. Needs an English proofreader.

Final verdict: Has potential. Might end up being a very horny and erotic Simpsons game with some content. It needs a better hint system, however. Also the author slapping Patreon shit everywhere with this barebones demo honestly would make me want to do the opposite of subscribe.

The v0.1 has no sex and is just a proof of concept. But if you're a Simpsons fan you'll get a kick out of it.