VN - Ren'Py - Lustia Sexfight of the Realms [v0.4.5] [Frost Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Shadeyman7

This game started out in a much better place than it has wound up. The swap to generic AI artwork has left its art lacking personality and left it honestly largely unappealing. The new combat system, while certainly better from a gameplay perspective, is worse from a "providing you interesting ideas to jack it to" perspective. The fuck fights feel nonsensical now with moves being thrown at random and no real sense of pacing and minimal feeling of uniqueness between the sex acts on the different girls. The writing is fine, interesting enough concept, but as the game goes on you're going to be grinding more and more for cash to progress the story and get to new scenes and honestly it's just not worth it.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

MonKe579.

The game is good. Combat a bit too hard for me but in other ways its good and has good potential for a good story.Just needs more scenes and easier combat so I can fap in peace XD but the game still needs some more content to be better
    (lots of Scenes and maybe more girls also :3 and Maybe a easy mode for a noobs like me who like to enjoy the win scenes also ;3(I dont mind losing tho ) for the dev keep up the good work I like the game so far :)
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Viixby

Alright so a sort of harsh review coming in here.
    However, take note that I will return to increase this review to a 3-4 depending on the future.
    With that being said my thoughts are as follows.
    Combat:
    It's your classic sex battle combat with grapples, foreplay, and seducing.
    In this game you get higher values for the more intense moves, once you've got them worked up a bit. You need to start with charms and compliments then get more intense as their meter fills. As you try to fill their meter before they fill yours.
    Gameplay:
    The gameplay of this game here is (other than combat), is VERY simple, yet not in a terrible way, just not exactly an enjoyable way. When you're home in your room (any time you're not fighting). You click on a choice to complete various activities (nothing but text). To increase your corresponding stats. Example: Gym for strength. You then go back and fight again and again, getting stronger, eventually you start winning very easily, as by then you've also figured out weaknesses or patterns that seldom change. It goes from a difficult battle with some grind, into a spam moves because you know what to do and when. Then win.
    Writing/scenes:
    Personally, I LIKE the writing! This is the one thing I don't have a single complaint about really. Other than the text boxes being reworked to look different, they're very dull and don't give you anything to look at really. (It's a big black box of text). Though the writing itself, especially with the scenes I found even enjoyable. The scenes were enticing, and the characters actions described in the scenes were clear yet detailed.
    This developer should definitely take advantage of this skill whenever they get the chance!
    Artwork:
    Oh boy, this one has me upset! Even losing a star for this!
    So it's very clear, not only from conversations on Itchio, but also here.
    That the Oni's art was nearly, but not exactly copied from Monster Girl Dreams' "Himiko"
    As someone coming from a family of tattoo artists and someone who does art myself. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY, that it was simply "inspired" as the dev claims. This was either drawn OVER, or right next to. Likely a bit of both, with some changes coming after the fact.
    It becomes incredibly obvious as some users have shown the artwork on top of Himiko, after flipping it to match up. Proportions are identical. The flow of the hair is identical, with tips of hair being adjusted or drawn differently. The bandaging on the bra for example is actually wrapped/weaved EXACTLY the same, which is not something that would happen as coincidence. There's more that makes it incredibly obvious. Okay so we understand it's identical/heavily inspired/copied, however you wish to put it. So what is my problem with this?
    It's not the art being identical, it is how the dev has decided to address peoples claims about it. It's how the dev claims it was nothing more than "inspired". There needs to be stronger wording with this. Such as "VERY HEAVILY Inspired" I would not accept any lower. Though many others say direct credit of the character art should be given to the creator of Monster Girl Dreams. The dev gets defensive and sometimes aggressive with anyone that makes any claims about the artworks similarities to Monster Girl Dreams' Himiko.
    This is a BIG no-no and quite disgusting.
    After the recent update, there seems to be an addition of AI Generated art, that I'm sure everyone is familiar with by now. I think this is a step in a great direction. Improving both quality and speed of art addition to the game. I've worked with AI Generating art, and it's quite easy other than running it many times to get what you're looking for. I hope to see more in the future and would even be happy seeing the original character poses being replaced by this.
    Closing thoughts?
    -The Monster Girl Dreams' "Himiko" art drama needs to be accepted and more properly addressed by the developer. (Alternatively redraw the Oni character to be more original).
    -The addition of AI Generated art is a great decision and should continue to be added.
    -Scenes are enjoyable to read, and the developer should play to their strength of writing scenes, possibly adding variations or more scenes.
    -I look forward to keeping an eye on this game and to hopefully improve this review from 2 stars (poor) to 3 stars (average), or even 4 stars (good)!
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Chekhovs_Ghost

v0.3.1a

A fairly straightforward game with little fluff. The slow growth is a real newgrounds era type flash grind. The writing and art is servicable. Easy to enjoy but also easy to get past. The setting is interesting enough.

Maybe it will get better.