Ren'Py - Mad Adventure [v0.1.0] [MorbusGreaves]

1. 4.00 star(s)

DenimRat

Gameplay
    Controls: A click through visual novel.
    Interface: Ren’py interface for dialogue, with occasional choices.
    Writing
    Plot: A good amount of set up for future updates.
    Characters: Well written cliches.
    Typos: A couple of them.
    Art
    Models: Models are well made.
    Animations: Smooth and effective.
    Background: As good as they need to be.
    Audio
    Music: N/A.
    Effects: Used well.
    Voices: N/A.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

swills13

I don't normally try VNs until they are further along in development, but I thought I'd give this one a try due to the positive reviews and solid-looking thumbnails.

After playing for a few minutes, I am 95% sure the previous 5-star reviews were from the dev's alt accounts. This game is a mess. The best thing I can say is that the renders are decent (though the female characters' bodies have absurdly unnatural proportions). The writing is absolutely horrendous. I knew it was going to be rough when the very first line of dialogue already contained a typo, and it only got worse from there. Almost every single line of text contains some combination of spelling errors, punctuation errors, random capitalization (or lack thereof), and grammatical errors. The wording is often bizarre, and the conversations between characters are awkward and and unnatural. I gave up completely after about 10 minutes.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Walka

Impressive for 'just' a demo! Usually it's 2 short scenes and zero substance but this gave the player a good view on what's here and what's to come. (Looking great so far!)

Good prologue which explained the premise well, great art, i like the characters presented, the only question I have is whether you will have any sound eventually? If done well it adds a lot to scenes and situations.

Keep up the great work!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

xiphe116

Great ambition with this game. Might need to change the thumbnail to attract more eyes though. Good renders, well-spent resources. Decent writing and fast-paced story. I prefer this linear style so please don't turn into a full-blown sandbox