TheNPC

Jun 20, 2023
you need to go to the chaos area, to area 24 then he will tell you hes been kidnapped and you can go there
I see, I thought that would be the last area from the current update since it's so different compare to the rest, thank you

John8r9

Dec 25, 2018
best place for a base? Or just the beach at the beginning is fine?
i do not have the best answer for the first question. But i will answer the 2nd one, the beach usually spawn raiders when assault with initial lvl of 1, but if u build ur base upper (north area), u will get at least 50-70 lvl raiders i guess

Reactions: Gsan the ojisan

Skaldy

Nov 7, 2017
best place for a base? Or just the beach at the beginning is fine?
you can build on inaccessible hills with red fast travel flag+construction skill. Kinda neat when you start to discover the map. I build mine on a hill where you find Keigo and Reika. 0 issues so far

Skaldy

Nov 7, 2017
From what people have said here, the mountain exit of the lab, an enclosed area around area 9 and just any 1 way/mountain is good for defense. Beach also seems fine because all you need is bigfoot and he kills any raiders
there is a similar area next to Sakura tree. I am mentioning it because raider lvl will be lower in that zone

DarkOnly

Jan 7, 2019
I don't know if someone has already posted this before, but here is a list of keyboard controls for those who have been suffering a lot when playing Mad Island:

WASD - movement
8462 (side keys) - movement
LMB (left mouse button) - movement, interaction, strike
RMB (right mouse button) - block, move the card (if open on M)
Space - strike, skip scenes (while holding)
E - quick action (gathering, cutting down trees, interacting with NPCs, etc.)
R - subjugation of native women (only by male character)
X - switch between walking and running
Q - dance
F - hard hit
T - butcher the animal in inventory
Shift - run
Keys 1-9 - quick interaction with the bottom panel
LMB + RMB - remove all items in chests
Shift + LMB - quickly pick up / move items, create 10 items at once, level up skills by 10 points
Shift + Ctrl + LMB - create 100 items at once
Ctrl + LMB - take half of the selected resources/items
Mouse wheel scrolling - separating items
Scrolling the mouse wheel (in map mode) - changing the map scale
Press and hold the mouse wheel - scroll the screen during the game and H scenes
Alt + WASD - change screen position
Tab - open settings menu
M - card
Enter - open chat for entering codes
Esc - pause

Credits to the Discord community.

The NTRtainer

May 22, 2020
I saw a few posts recently that say to use a rain collector instead of a well to keep the followers hydrated but this was not functional just a few days ago, and they never used the rain collector. Has this been fixed?

Jan 12, 2024
I saw a few posts recently that say to use a rain collector instead of a well to keep the followers hydrated but this was not functional just a few days ago, and they never used the rain collector. Has this been fixed?
Rain collectors work fine for the player, but NPCs don't know how to drink from them. So that part is still broken.
Wells work for everyone though.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Oh I see. So it's aesthetic, they've not got different attack or skill abilities, correct?
I checked. DLC people are suboptimal for most purposes. It's probably better to train a crowd of attack roosters. Even though my roosters keep getting downed when heroically defending the base. I wish they would bark like dogs when enemies are approaching.
Only use DLC people if you like the aesthetic. They have very limited selection of weapons, and no new crafting or abilities.

Has someone starting tipps for me?
I always struggling in Survival Games.

Should I explore the area? Collect stones, sticks and berries?
Murder animals with my bare fists?
Craft some stone spears and go hunting people? D:

Has Quests a timer or can I take my time?

I'm always overwhelmed with that kind of games. So many options and I don't know where to start, lol.
The basic gameplay loop for this kind of games, is to explore, collect resources, craft tools and workbenches, and craft stronger weapons, so that you can go into more dangerous areas, explore them, collect new resources and so on. Getting good weapons is always an option, but hunting people can wait. You'll have enough fighting with just fending off the raids.

Skaldy has a good starting guide:
https://f95zone.to/threads/mad-island-v0-05-steam-e-made.209671/post-13881499

Except for rescuing villagers kidnapped by raids, everything else doesn't seem to have a strict timer. You should probably be careful with that tied-up guy, though, he might die of hunger. But you're not getting to him any time soon.

Reactions: SirDregan

Lynus1

May 12, 2020
Does anyone know what sheets are for? Aside from just laying people down on them I don't see what function they have.

I place some eight people down once during my first android creation and I forgot about them. They've been sitting on the sheets for like, days? Maybe weeks now. They're not dead at least.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Does anyone know what sheets are for? Aside from just laying people down on them I don't see what function they have.

I place some eight people down once during my first android creation and I forgot about them. They've been sitting on the sheets for like, days? Maybe weeks now. They're not dead at least.
They're basically a cheap way to put down your prisoners if you can't afford cages for everyone.

Is there any way to force a follower to appear or spawn in? One of my villagers gave birth to a Lv 103 girl but she just never appeared. I tried the call button but it doesn't do anything. I see the child in my friends list but other than that she doesn't seem to exist.
I occasionally have this problem too. The best place to look for them, is the place they were born in or the last place they were placed into (cage, toilet).
"Call" button makes them teleport to their designated location, which is as above unless you had an opportunity to put them to a new place.

I had villagers refusing to drink from a rain collector in version 0.05. So I guess the answer is "no".

Reactions: The NTRtainer

Bonsai465

Jul 9, 2020
This seems extremly broken if it doesnt take any damage or am I reading wrong?
1717366443537.png

PS: I tested it out not really something I care about with only 200 hp

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016

If some of the screenshots I've seen in the discord is anything to go by its so you can do stuff like putting them on tables to do nyotaimori stuff.

Is there any way to force a follower to appear or spawn in? One of my villagers gave birth to a Lv 103 girl but she just never appeared. I tried the call button but it doesn't do anything. I see the child in my friends list but other than that she doesn't seem to exist.
You can favorite them and then look for the star on the map, though once one of my followers seemed to get stuck under the map and I was only able to get them back when transitioning to a building so you might not be able to get them back if that happened to them and they weren't following you.

Anyway I have a question of my own, I was looking at the hidden preview menu to see which npcs can have sex and I noticed that a lot of the npcs have a default attack animation and a lvl1 version. Does anyone know what that's about? Like some of them are significantly faster when doing the lvl 1 version of it rather than the default one which would make them way more useful in combat but how do you even get them to do the lvl 1 animation instead of the default one in-game?

Last edited:

Ex0du5_2169

Sep 11, 2019
Anyone got a list of NPCIDs compared with their known names? I'm messing around trying to make a personal mod (might make it public if I'm successful) but can't seem to rip that particular list from the assets, even for figuring out who is who myself.

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes