KhumnBra

Jan 14, 2019
Does anyone know when there should be more updates to the game? and how do you get the natives to get angry and commit more rapes on the base?

Shurutsue

Apr 6, 2019
Does anyone know when there should be more updates to the game? and how do you get the natives to get angry and commit more rapes on the base?
Have them have no job, meaning resting, (faster libido rising IIRC, potentially (unsure) more checks for love/sex) and throw them together with people they hate, as that drops their morale, and around -90(?) morale is needed for them to be eligible to go ham.

patrikli

Oct 15, 2018
So... I guess it's another tip for players who want to move the whole house with many chests...

When you move from point A (Old base) to point B (new Base)

You will find out that everything is gone when you put the house somewhere on point B and go inside. chests will disappear.

don't need to panic, just need to save the game (I tried only when I'm not in the house) and load the saved game and it will appear again!!! I just tried many ways haha, was panicking like crazy.

Snímek obrazovky 2024-07-12 201208.png

joerailgun

Feb 24, 2020
damn people really creative at this game, when i see other people save file they have nice looking design and stuff.
Meanwhile i just pack thing as close as possible

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
damn people really creative at this game, when i see other people save file they have nice looking design and stuff.
Meanwhile i just pack thing as close as possible
Many survival-themed games, including this one, have a lot of opportunities to get creative with architecture.
The hard part, is getting creative architecture to be actually useful in the constraints of the game.

Packing things as close as possible makes sense, but leaves the problem of NPCs getting stuck, because this game has almost 0 pathfinding. The core of utilitarian designs here, is to build a village mostly out of no-collision objects.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Actually in this game, you're kind of incentivized to spread your base out pretty far. The houses can only store about 6 beds/sleeping characters safely atm without characters bugging out/not entering the house, so you want to keep them all to their separate zones, at least if you want to keep morale high. The houses take up a bunch of space. You spread things out to give everybody enough room and end up having to hire a bunch of extra guards to watch all the sides of your base. I know to build width wise to fit at least 3 stone houses now for all the workers I want. The damn farms need like 10 workers if you want them to work at a decent speed.

At least wood/stone walls are pretty cheap, you only need about 200-250 walls to enclose everything you need. I'd probably just double up on stone walls rather than upgrade them to higher tiers too. Cool how they auto repair after raids. My only gripe is still how badly you have to squish together the about a dozen workbenches near your spider cloth chests. Even if you split up cooking stuff/materials which is pretty easy, it's still a struggle. Right now you need like 3 layers of spider cloth chests just about right on top of eachother to keep all materials in range of all your workbenches, along with all of your workbenches on top of eachother.

There is a machine that lets you access stuff from a distance, but it's not categorized at all, so it doesn't help much atm. If you could even sort by just workbenches or certain types of chests, that'd help a lot. Of course allowing the crafting skill to improve the range workbenches can pull from cloth storage would still be my preference.

Last edited:
Reactions: flannan

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
At least wood/stone walls are pretty cheap, you only need about 200-250 walls to enclose everything you need. I'd probably just double up on stone walls rather than upgrade them to higher tiers too. Cool how they auto repair after raids.
In my experience, I build stone walls mostly to get rid of all the extra stone that is a byproduct of mining iron (which is needed for any serious base-building). Houses need iron, wells need iron, cages need iron...
It will be even worse if you're getting your iron from villager-operated mines.

My only gripe is still how badly you have to squish together the about a dozen workbenches near your spider cloth chests. Even if you split up cooking stuff/materials which is pretty easy, it's still a struggle. Right now you need like 3 layers of spider workbenches just about right on top of eachother to keep them all in range of all your workbenches, along with all of your workbenches on top of eachother.
Most of my workbenches draw materials from 4 storages: one line of 3 spider storages, and one cloud storage. It's a little crampled in there, but seems to work okay. I'll experiment with different layouts when I'm migrating to a new location. The main goal is to separate storages into categories that make it easy to deposit loot after a good adventure.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

jack_px

Oct 21, 2016
hi i am just starting the game and i place a female to farm, but she only walks around the planter and doesnt do anything, someone knows how to make her work?

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
hi i am just starting the game and i place a female to farm, but she only walks around the planter and doesnt do anything, someone knows how to make her work?
The way to know if an NPC is working is by checking an icon appearing above its head (should be corn for harvest). Also, make sure both planter and harvest box are inside the NPC area (blue circle). Harvest box will be filled with whatever the NPC harvests.

There's not so much you can do besides that. NPC will work when feeling like it, but check those things to confirm everything is fine.

martelor

Oct 12, 2019
QUESTION:
i place a female to farm, but she only walks around the planter and doesnt do anything, how to make her work?
ANSWER:
1. Set her JOB: as FARM (click her > status > Job: Farm).
better set her combat stance as defender or if you wanna cheat a bit and made her invincible then set her combat stance as survivor.
2. Put planter (small planter is enough), then plant your desired seeds into the planter as starter. she will replant the seeds after she harvest the veggies.
3. put harvest box nearby to collect the harvest.
4. put a well nearby. (or rain collector but you need to give the npc drink regulary)
works need water, if their water reach 0 they stop their job. (npc can't drink from rain collector)
5. put a bed nearby.
6. set her location there (click her > move > location), then resize her territory (cyan circle) just enough to cover all the furnitures (planter, bed, harvest box, well) I've mentioned before, also it's better to set her combat area to the lowest possible.
7. make sure her territory/combat area doesn't overlap with someone she hates or someone hates her, their morale will takes some hit.
8. if everything are right, you'll see a veggie icon above her head or on the right side of her name in the friendlist (iirc beside the star icon).

4.50 star(s) 54 Votes