FafnirOD

Nov 9, 2022
... don't need to sleep, and don't have moral levels
So does every other NPC with their love/sex behaviour toggled off.

The one advantage of Androids is their potential as a psychopath's pet turret. Limbless Androids with Type-C heads behaves like the Type-Cs found in the lab - meaning they don't move around much in combat, have a relatively high firing rate, their attacks have a chance of hitting multiple enemies with a single blast and you'd effectively have a firing squad executing your nosy neighbours once you have these abominations lined up along your walls.

The downside is that they need to be leveled from scratch and they have rather low returns for stats leveling which means they'd eventually be outshone by Large Native-types, Giant and large Monsters.

Reactions: flannan

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
So does every other NPC with their love/sex behaviour toggled off.
True. But it takes work to toggle those off LOL. It's just quicker with the androids.

The downside is that they need to be leveled from scratch
What I usually do to help with that is that as soon as they walk out of that android-making machine I have them follow me to the ruins. By the time we get out, they've usually gained 15 levels or so. Not perfect, but it's a good start.

Besides, I find that their high HP makes up for the rest. They're usually the least phased ones during raids. Those androids have tough skin.

Reactions: John8r9

Prototype909

Jul 2, 2018
How big do you typically make your bases? I made a decently sized one but the problem is the walls are basically unguardable because it's too wide so I have to constantly repair

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
How big do you typically make your bases? I made a decently sized one but the problem is the walls are basically unguardable because it's too wide so I have to constantly repair
Place wood spikes in front of your walls and wooden or iron needles in front of your spikes. This way, they'll stand on the needles while they destroy your spikes and get damage from both in the process. Usually they'll die before they get to the wall (though obviously this depends on the raiders' level and so on the location of your base).

Also, post guards in front of your walls. Use higher level guards than the raiders to be safe. Or just get androids, they have enough HP to take the brunt of the attack and survive. Have enough guards posted and those raiders won't live long enough to even reach the needles.

Reactions: John8r9

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
Alright I got annoyed with the built in game walls, they're terrible to place and make a proper campsite/village so I decided to use the in game mod maker a try and also some simple textures with photoshop.

Building MOD
Prototype Walls - Vertical and Horizontal
One was intended to be used as a functional wall, while the other to be used for a pool.
Still need some testing,

Tips:
Interactable area is at the top. Hold CTRL and click it for easy editing/moving an already placed wall..

Features:
  • Walkable area on top - Needs further testing
Known Issues:
  • Clipping with Tall creatures/Humans

Planned:
  • Material Requirements
  • HP
  • Proper Icons when Mouse Over
  • Diagonal version (Similar to vanilla)
  • Wooden Textures/Version
  • Snapping

Install:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Craftable from Workshop bench
PS: Indestructible, so don't exploit it to much.

Dude! This is amazing. So much better than the original walls.

My guess is that the dev wanted to make it feel more like 3D, but I got news for him... we all *know* this is 2D heh. So anyway, yeah, these make a lot more sense.

Can't wait for snapping functionality though as I suck at lining walls up perfectly lol.

Oh, and I noticed a bug. When you hover over your walls in an inventory (whether your own or a chest) it shows a picture of the previous item you hovered over (without the text) rather than the wall itself. See screenshot below (in this example I had just looked at the cactus wall that sits beside it).

MIWB.jpg

Reactions: flannan

Onezuccyboi

Sep 5, 2020
I have a question regarding NPC's assigned with the "Food" job:
Do they take Carrots/Potato/Corn etc. that were deposited into the harvest box by other NPC's with the "Farm" job and then deposit them into the food box?
Because if not, that's annoying cause I have to manually pickup crops from the harvest box and put them into food box myself.

Apr 18, 2020
I have a question regarding NPC's assigned with the "Food" job:
Do they take Carrots/Potato/Corn etc. that were deposited into the harvest box by other NPC's with the "Farm" job and then deposit them into the food box?
Because if not, that's annoying cause I have to manually pickup crops from the harvest box and put them into food box myself.
[Food box] in the Wood Workbench
When NPC assigned with [Food] Job
They will refill the [Food box] without using any Food in your chest, basically free Food
(Which eh...I really went through the entire game without crafting any other food aside from Red flag & Food box to move around with a NPC refilling those Food box, kinda broken ngl.)

As for the last part
You assign NPCs with [Farm] job, they'll gather all crops into [Harvest Box] and re-plant them automatically.
Do note, some recipe requires "Soybean Seed", the NPCs will replant "Soybean Seed" into "Soybean" which you don't want

Related post about Livestock :
https://f95zone.to/threads/mad-island-v0-2-beta-steam-e-made.209671/post-15073909

ChupacabraGonzales

Jun 19, 2018
How do I add high grade raw beef as raid food?
I can't right click it next to a table because the mc will just eat it.
Also how do I remove food from a raid table? I placed some grilled meat which has no bonus without realising there's 100 food limit.

John8r9

Engaged Member
Dec 25, 2018
Is the new bow heavy attack bugged?
For me, it does the animation and the arrow is consumed but it does not seem to deal damage or loose the arrow itself.
if u mean wooden bow, they should've fixed it on the 0.2.1ver beta already
How do I add high grade raw beef as raid food?
I can't right click it next to a table because the mc will just eat it.
Also how do I remove food from a raid table? I placed some grilled meat which has no bonus without realising there's 100 food limit.
click the table first, then right click the food to place. After clicking the table, u can even place it on ground other than the table

use ctrl plus left click to let u reach items that distanced u

pmonk

Oct 15, 2019
I looked at the toilet guide image and I was wondering what the first part of the image said, since the sentence starts with 'another option'
I didn't do anything special to the test guy on guard duty using the toilet asides from no love and no using doors and he just uses it whenever it's day time and has some major overlap with some female workers.
Maybe it got patched so it doesn't need the unrequited love?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: UnknownLurkingUser
Apr 18, 2020
I looked at the toilet guide image and I was wondering what the first part of the image said, since the sentence starts with 'another option'
I didn't do anything special to the test guy on guard duty using the toilet asides from no love and no using doors and he just uses it whenever it's day time and has some major overlap with some female workers.
Maybe it got patched so it doesn't need the unrequited love?
Was it a post from me?
Or someone else's post?

you can copy post's link from the right top corner fyi.
1729677366669.png

Onezuccyboi

Sep 5, 2020
Is there any reason to keep the "Allow love" option on for NPCs? From what I read, it only gives the player a headache by making some NPCs hate each other, resulting in fights.

Last edited:

John8r9

Engaged Member
Dec 25, 2018
the "another option" i meant there...the one from anime sharing is the same. But i am too lazy to type it so i just screenshot the second half there lol

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes