VN - Ren'Py - Maelstrom: A Yaoi Visual Novel [v1.1] [Y Press Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

FugginDamaged

Even tho the art is really good and characters are refreshing from the constant bara we get on gay games, but I feel like this one was made to the girl that still calls themselves fujoshis mostly because the robot assistant looks like most of them, also the other review does a pretty good job at describing the experience while playing
  2. 4.00 star(s)

SpoiledPrince

"Thank you for your service. Please enjoy your retirement at ButtRapeWorld"

That could be the best possible synopsis for this title.
    When your former superior informs you that your next destination is an all-male desertic rock full of aggressive and horny brutes and proceeds to advertise your ass to the best bidder, you know you are fucked.
    Or you are about to be.

Heck, the old man encourages you to be the bottom bitch of whoever comes across in order to avoid getting devoured and even has the nerve to call it an improvement in your life conditions!

Now you find yourself between a rock and three hard phalli... that also happen to be attracted to each other, thanks to some mystic/atmospheric/chemical shenanigan phenomenon called "The Lightning".

Apparently, that's the Universe's way of telling you to stop your hetero horseshit and embrace sodomy, all while pointing your sorry buttocks to a selection of bulls/soulmates you wouldn't be attracted to outside that planet.
    ...Because that's totally how homosexuality works, right?
    RIGHT?!

Soon Demetri will come to terms with the ancestral wisdom generations of junkies were enlightened with before him: "I'm not gay, but twenty bucks are twenty bucks"... Or Beads.
    Whatever.

The irritating presence of a sentient backpack/translator robot will only make this ordeal more painful, both for the MC and the players.

Maelstrom is indeed a fun game, but I doubt it's in the way the creators intended. All dialogues are so cringy you'll find yourself amused, entranced, and ultimately admired by the sheer audacity of both the writer and the proofreader who greenlighted them.
    It takes an epic amount of balls to pull all this nonsense off, and for that, they have my applause. My attention too, for the whole 3 hours the whole run lasts.

The hilarity compensates for the almost non-existent sex scenes, which are very short and mostly narrated only.
    This game recycles some backgrounds from the company's previous titles, but one can't blame the Devs for cutting corners.