• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

Unity Magic Academy [v0.2.2.1] [WildPear Games]

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Tipple_nots

Dec 17, 2020
Let's try to define it step by step.
Grace's quest should go through the following stages. Can you indicate at what stages you did something else and what exactly?
  1. You apply "Stupefy" to Grace in the courtyard
  2. She sits in your office. You can talk to her and Victoria
  3. During the conversation with Grace, there are 3 dialogue options, you need to talk about all of them - after that, a new conversation with Victoria will become available
  4. After talking to Victoria, she will offer to find Grace's room at the inn
  5. Upon entering the inn, an automatic scene is triggered where Victoria talks to Tom while we walk down the hallway to the rooms
  6. There are 3 doors in the hallway - two with just dialogue and one with a scene with a red-haired girl
  7. After we look into all three doors, a magical game is triggered to unlock the fourth room
  8. We enter Grace's room, where there are 3 active items
  9. After interacting with the board and the suitcase, we are automatically transferred to the office
  10. In the office, interacting with Grace triggers a dialogue with options to "persuade" and "threaten"
Well from the best of my memory using the steps you've listed which I assume is the "intended" path of completion - step 2-4 is where my problem was
1. Cast stupefy without issue
2. Enter office, I talked to Victoria BEFORE talking to Grace. Where the 3 "normal" options presented (about the city, about you, about people) showed up. went through them as they were marked as new for some reason
3. Talking to Grace was as described in your steps,
4. Went back to talk to Victoria, no new options presented. Even selecting the "about people" only leads to "what do you know about the innkeeper".
4.5 Went outside to the inn and realized I was softlocked

if you have a means of finding the save file in android (I did a quick search though obb but couldn't find it) I'd be more than happy to post it for you to review as well. Some additional screenshots for clarification in the meantime.

Edit: clarifications

Last edited:

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
Well from the best of my memory using the steps you've listed which I assume is the "intended" path of completion - step 2-4 is where my problem was
1. Cast stupefy without issue
2. Enter office, I talked to Victoria BEFORE talking to Grace. Where the 3 "normal" options presented (about the city, about you, about people) showed up. went through them as they were marked as new for some reason
3. Talking to Grace was as described in your steps,
4. Went back to talk to Victoria, no new options presented. Even selecting the "about people" only leads to "what do you know about the innkeeper".
4.5 Went outside to the inn and realized I was softlocked

if you have a means of finding the save file in android (I did a quick search though obb but couldn't find it) I'd be more than happy to post it for you to review as well. Some additional screenshots for clarification in the meantime.

Edit: clarifications
I was sent a save where the game broke only at point 10. I don't understand what could have gone wrong at the very beginning - the logic there is quite simple.
Very strange, we will look for what could be the problem.
It feels like it's just not Victoria. Have you tried saving, exiting the game, going back in, and loading the save again?

Tipple_nots

Dec 17, 2020
It feels like it's just not Victoria. Have you tried saving, exiting the game, going back in, and loading the save again?
Yup, I've cleared cache, force stop, pretty much everything bar a device reset and that still savefile for all intents is just locked. I have started a new second save for testing as well and for whatever reason cannot get it to reproduce myself so I don't know exactly what's going on. I did try and decompile and pull the obb data and the save data is just non existent. I'm not sure how unity manages android save data, and I'm not the most skilled programmer by any means so maybe I'm missing something. In theory you could rebuild a private version with debugging enabled that would allow access to export the save file in some way so I could send it to you but thats speculation.

That being said I did have some additional questions if you don't mind me asking revolving some oddities I'm not understanding. Namely that the the apk flag IS_GAME: false is set, when if you look at something like com.easybrain.nonogram IS_GAME: true. This in theory could allow some android versions (ROG, MIUI etc) to access gamemode/gamemode boost, which could fix some of the performance issues on lower end devices like mine. Secondly the internet permission, is this just for the hyperlinks in the main menu to discord/patreon or does it check for updates as well?

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
Yup, I've cleared cache, force stop, pretty much everything bar a device reset and that still savefile for all intents is just locked. I have started a new second save for testing as well and for whatever reason cannot get it to reproduce myself so I don't know exactly what's going on. I did try and decompile and pull the obb data and the save data is just non existent. I'm not sure how unity manages android save data, and I'm not the most skilled programmer by any means so maybe I'm missing something. In theory you could rebuild a private version with debugging enabled that would allow access to export the save file in some way so I could send it to you but thats speculation.

That being said I did have some additional questions if you don't mind me asking revolving some oddities I'm not understanding. Namely that the the apk flag IS_GAME: false is set, when if you look at something like com.easybrain.nonogram IS_GAME: true. This in theory could allow some android versions (ROG, MIUI etc) to access gamemode/gamemode boost, which could fix some of the performance issues on lower end devices like mine. Secondly the internet permission, is this just for the hyperlinks in the main menu to discord/patreon or does it check for updates as well?
Your save won't do me much good - I already know that it just won't have the necessary quest. I'm more interested in how to get this situation. I recently found a bug that caused locations to not "turn off" and therefore could forever remain in one of the previous states. But, most likely, this problem was not in the previous version.

I'm not a very experienced Android developer.
There is no web functionality other than opening links with buttons in the menu right now, I plan to integrate content voting and updates, but this is only in the plans so far.
I'll look for where I can enable Is_Game mode

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Reactions: Tipple_nots

DruidlyDude

Jan 30, 2024
I'm at a point where it says, 'wait for events to unfold'. Nothing is happening though. I have done everyh thing. Is that the end of the content or what?

WildPear

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2024
I'm at a point where it says, 'wait for events to unfold'. Nothing is happening though. I have done everyh thing. Is that the end of the content or what?
Hi, yes. Apparently, in the next patch, we should replace this text with "wait for the next update".
You can check the list of available scenes in the Pensieve. If there are closed ones - then you have not received all the content.

Reactions: DruidlyDude

LewdHat

Jul 25, 2019
Aside from the growing degree of tedium with replaying up to the new content, as mentioned,the game appears to have a hardcoded value for the windowed mode that it resets to upon closing the settings. This is not ideal.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
don't forget how apparently it's fucking impossible to kill the 2nd boss on the frost world because apparently dev took a page out of capcom's book when they made Devil May Cry 3. I get the feeling this game won't last long with how inept the dev is

DruidlyDude

Jan 30, 2024
don't forget how apparently it's fucking impossible to kill the 2nd boss on the frost world because apparently dev took a page out of capcom's book when they made Devil May Cry 3. I get the feeling this game won't last long with how inept the dev is
Just use oil on the boss then flamelo(or whatever the fire spell is). It works a lot better then getting salty over a free WIP game.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
There's a surprising amount of people raging over things only an illiterate would struggle with in here. Apologies to the devs for the absolute troglodyte behavior on display here.
so because we're talking about technical issues like the game window size changing after leaving the settings, we're raging? no. we are pointing out how these issues are going to negatively affect the game's popularity. but I forget precious little snowflakes of the current generation can't handle criticism and need a safe space

TheBadone

Aug 25, 2022
Where is Lilian? For the Quest "The Vengeful Spirit" Looked allover, All other quests done, am i missing something?

3.40 star(s) 7 Votes