RPGM - Completed - Magical Girl Celesphonia [v1.07] [Shimobashira Workshop/Kagura Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Giolpo

This game is great. It has a proper story, tons of lewd scenes, combat that isn't too tedious and sometimes requires you to use your brain, a decent amount of costumes and good fetishes. It took me about 17.5 hours to clear it. Would've easily gotten 5 stars from me if you could play around with the layers of clothing a bit more.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

sektz

It's a great game. It's for the most part challenging and has slowburn development of driving the character into debauchery.
    Even if you try to keep the virginity as long as possible the game will provide good scenes.
    It's far from perfect as it lacks some polish and balancing in various departments, but it does a lot of things way better than most hentai games.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Crazy Assistant

Another great game. This was had similiar themes to Ambrosia but it was center around superheros I guess. Had a good fighting mechanic as well and was fun to play the game normally. Still a great game as it had lots of story, things to do, and scenes of course!
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Plusice

This game is very good but the thing that stopped me giving this *5 is
    1. there is no hints in recollection room so its pretty hard to see all of those collection because the world in this game is very big for H-Games so you need time and effort to try things one by one i hope the dev give a hint at recollection room like what they done it in engram room.

2. same like above i hope they give a hint too at how to unlock those many sex titles, i know there's user in here giving the full guide but its much easier if the dev giving the hints in the game

3. I encounter small bug (i think) that when the character talk too long the text in the text box just goes through the text box so many of the word got cut and i can't read it
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Crestrial

A lot of time and effort went into this game. It really shows it.

There's just a ton of stuff in it. Tons of scenes. Tons of exploration. Tons of items, costumes, etc. It would be hard to just specify one good point of this game because it would make it look like I'm overshadowing the rest. You SHOULD give this game a try. It has a ton of content and a pretty decent story.

Now you could go off and say something about the RPGM combat but I didn't feel it being so much of a chore in this game. Something with the sneaking up behind weak enemies for an instant kill and/or the restraining stuff just makes it a lot less boring. Even if you don't like it, they offer ways to mitigate it through gear that provides instant wins. There is sometimes a small grind however, but I didn't find it to be too much trouble compared to some other games.

I wouldn't say this game breaks any new ideas but it takes very traditional ideas and does them very well. Anyways, 5/5 stars.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

everglade47

As far as this kind of RPGMaker turn based adventure goes, this is pretty much near the pinnacle. The great secret is flexible and adjustable difficulty which offers whatever experience you want either stomping or getting wrecked (defeat scenes are always better when you reach them naturally)

Still can't give full marks because somewhere in Chapter 6 it crashed and lost me 30 minutes of progress, and I was done at that point.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Interracial UglyB NTR Fan

would be a 5 if there was more story and the scenes/paths had more depth, unfortunately they're mostly just same CG different text based on corruption but there is a decent amount of them

the games systems, combat, hints, etc are all well above average at least
  8. 5.00 star(s)

armedvinyl

Despite getting as good as all the scenes in the game seen, I felt inclined to start a new run and just go for another time around.
    The game isn't exactly 'short' either with plenty of stuff to do, some great amount of care was put into this game and there's a lot of systems at play, but don't let any of that scare you. I would say just play the game naturally and don't worry too much about it, it will either resolve itself or you will find out what to do from thereon out.

If you want an RPG maker game that doesn't do anything super special with its combat, but it does it really well. This is the one.
    The overworld and time of day does help immensely to flesh out the world and make me want to explore it in the first place.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

00snak

Amazing game and one of the most polished lewd games ive played. My only issue (and its a pretty big one) is that scenes are locked behind defeats (which makes sense I guess) but the issue is that you then get punished for it. The game has a system where if a corruption level reaches 100, game over, and when you lose a battle you gain corruption level. Not a good system. Lots of scenes in the gallery which i have no idea how to obtain, so not good. Otherwise art is absolutely fantastic, scenes itself (when i do unlock them) are amazing. Combat is good. Would still absolutely recommend. 8.3/10
  10. 5.00 star(s)

nrgnv

The story is fun and engaging, in a sense that it let me experience the world little by little rather than giving me a huge chunk of info in the beginning and then tell my MC to please herself with those tentacles right there. I spent at minimum 30 hours from start to end, just because there are so many contents in it which is rare for this kind of game

Also, the soundtrack is fire. You'll be greeted by a jazz music in your room and later in the game the soundtrack tells you to just murder your way to the end. It's refreshing to actually hear something else other than these soundtracks I heard many times in many different HRPGs
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Good Question

The game and one of the best it's stupid that there are no more games of the same genre finally even if I prefer another game but it is one of my favorites and that will not change

A Virtual Taste of Unfaithfulness
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: v1.07

One of the most refined RPGM games i have ever played. There plenty of games where you play as a magical girl in a modern world that slowly gets corrupted as the story goes on, its nothing new, quite cliche in all honesty. But this game Refines it and approaches perfection closet then any other game with this setting and style of world. Even if you arent that interested in magical girls or are even jaded by the same shit RGPM systems i would heavily recommend you to download this game and play it, its one of the best corruption game ever.

Not much more to say than that, the only real negative in my mind is the combat system and progression is a bit too linear, but its good, so im not going to complain too much about that.

(y)
  13. 4.00 star(s)

miskito

Celesphonia was the first RPGM adult game that I've played and I did overall enjoy it. The heroine is likable and her corruption process is rather well paced. Despite that I initially wanted to rate the game with only 3 stars. However, I feel that would be unfair to the amount of work put into it. A good chunk of reasoning behind this decision is highly subjective. What I consider a drawback might as well be a big upside to you.

Let's get the objectively good stuff out of the way first:

+ A lot of QoL features that make backtracking easy and exploring areas enjoyable
    + Good Artwork
    + A lot of content
    + Honestly, the story is quite fun, especially the small plot twist shortly in the final main story dungeon.

Now onto the things I had some issues with, even more so after comparing this game to its predecessor [caution, spoilers ahead]:

- The combat suit. It made sense in the beginning, but by the end I really wish I could fight in whatever clothing I desire (or, hell, even naked). Instead, it was always that magical girl outfit that I never really liked to begin with.
    - Missed opportunities for NFSW content. There is something satisfying about returning to starting areas when your corruption has grown. I really wish Celesphonia could do something lewd in the cafe. Or at school without having to by hypnotized. I would rather have less defeat scenes in favor of more ways to make a total slut of Celesphonia in public.
    - A bit of Moon logic with unlocking certain CGs. Riding a train while infected by a parasite. Those scenes were very well done, but taking a train is not really a thing after you deal with the invisible Monstrum - it literally does nothing, doesn't pass the time, does not take you from one location to the next, there is absolutely no reason to do it.
    - The quest pacing is a little off. There are some missions that you get really early in the game, yet the materials required to craft items for those missions are not available until you are considerably further down the main story path. This made the first half of the playthrough a little frustrating as I had this constant feeling I'm missing something when in reality I wasn't missing anything at all.
    - Also, speaking of materials. My god the amount of resources you can farm is overwhelming. I'm not sure I understand the need for this in a Hentai game with a battle system as simple as 2+2. This surely sucked some joy out of the playthrough when I had to farm stuff for a few items I thought looked cool
    - Heroine doesn't seem to ever come to terms with giving in to the corruption. Even with 99 corruption points and LVL 3 Lust she still acts as if she's forced to do things against her will half the time. Now, this part is highly subjective. If you enjoy a rape fantasy, then probably that's right up your alley. It's funny how while I do not fetishize rape, this game's predecessor was very arousing with how much Flode enjoyed being used. But then again, Flode could always resist being molested and then she would say something teasing, along the lines of "oh, you want some of this sweet pussy? Too bad, I'm not in the mood right now". In case of Celesphonia I found myself feeling sorry for her in certain moments where I'd prefer to be horny.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

kadeko

pros:
    high production value for an RPGM
    huge skill tree
    battlefuck
    detailed battle stats

cons:
    unavoidable rape. heroine gets raped twice right at the start. then goes home like nothing happened. basicly is a slut from the start of the game.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

htc89234

Shimobashira games are excellent. They're fairly long, they have decent mechanics that are actually usable, the plot tends to be at least minimally engaging, they're well-written and often have a more than decent translation to match, as is the case with this one, and have fairly few bugs.

If there would be one complaint to be made, is that the artstyle isn't spot-on for my tastes, but the sheer amount of fetishes, scenes, customization for your playthrough, etc, make this game more than worth it.

If you're into corruption, female protag, then try this one out. It's not flawless, but it's definitely on the far upper end of the "genre".
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Acerock

This game was immensely overhyped and does absolutely nothing better than its fellow rpgmaker H game contemporaries
    the story structure is repetitive and boring
    fight boss then go to another dungeon then fight another boss repeat
    battle rape/mid battle molestation from enemies quickly gets old fast
    the corruption isn't very good and there are hard limits stuck to the story so you hit a cap early on if you're trying to turn into a complete slut. This means you'll keep hitting a cap and you cant do things like walk around in a swimsuit or outright strip naked despite maybe having already had monster sex/rape hundreds of times which makes no sense
    train molestation barely occurs early on and you'd have to artificially increase the rate using items from a vendor later on or pass the days by to the point where the city gets super corrupted
    Other games give you the Auto Lose button so you can intentionally lose to enemies/bosses
    You know what this game does? Lock that behind a poison item only sold in the slums in a later chapter
    There is zero reason why you cant just have that ability from the very start
    I'd say the Teacher has some good corruption scenes with the MC but you'll quickly reach the end and the CG quality gets a little iffy later on
    The outfits sound like a good idea on paper but barely change anything
    there isnt that much variety in CGs and the game is a monotonous overhyped slog to play and even the corruption and game design isn't anything special, give it a shot but dont say I didnt warn you
    there is nothing in this game that you havent already seen before or you havent already seen done better in other games
  17. 4.00 star(s)

RedBluePie

Gonna start by saying that I love Shimobashira's game. They have good JRPG element stuffs & Great lewd art. Though if I have to compared it to Ambrosia, finishing Celesphonia left me a with the feeling of "Damn, the lewd stuffs could've been so much better" especially more in the corruption aspect, e.g: not able to keep the corruption form definetely deduct some point.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

soldieroffortune813

Genuinely great game. Both the lewd aspects and the RPG elements are top-notch. I especially enjoyed the RPG side of things: I played on crisis difficulty and found it to be an enjoyable challenge without being absurd in the buffs it gives enemies. The post-game content was a fun extra challenge that really helped tie the game's story into a satisfying conclusion.

If you have any interest in this style of game, I would highly recommend giving it a try.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Gama_R34

Starting by saying I'd give this a 4.5/5 if I could.

I obviously went for a lewd playthrough to begin but maybe I'd recommend playing normally and not to chase after leveling your lust if you're planning to go lewd. The game will give you plenty of natural ways to increase your lust without having to grind the repeatable events (tho this will be a requirement if you're going for 999 lust)

The story was nothing insane but it was compelling enough to care about the main characters tho one of the final plot twist was kind of obvious it still was presented in a way I did not expect so kudos to that. To keep this review spoiler-free I'll omit from talking about characters in detail but I wish we had a bit more backstory surrounding the lore.

As far as combat goes, not much to say, I played on normal difficulty and it was pretty easy tho I've heard the hardest difficulty is actually quite challenging if you do not prepare accordingly.

Now onto the smut side of the game.
    We get served with a LOT of events and scenes, some of the poses are repeated throughout the game in different setting which is a bit of a shame but there are still plenty of unique ones to have a nice experience. The addition of audible moans and sound effects help sell the lewd scenes a bit further.
    One infuriating detail are the scenes in which the top left text description covers all of the action, thankfully I only spotted this issue twice in my playthrough but it did feel bad when it happened.

Content wise, there's plenty of content to enjoy and a few post-ending content to complete too, it's not a lengthy game by any mean but I managed to drag 25-30 hours out of it :)

And finally, I don't recall encountering a single bug in my playthrough tho if I did I was not aware of it!

TLDR: Awesome game with some flaws here and there. I recommend it for corruption game fans
  20. 3.00 star(s)

godisgonenow

Let me preface this with I'm not generally a fan of JRPG despite growing up playing mostly Japan's game especially RPG. So my tolerance for mindless grind is near 0 . this game action/battle aspect is a 2/10 for me simply because it required some 10 minutes or so grinding per chapter to clear the boss.

To sum it up this game is as wide as ocean deep as puddle. it's good for player that like to "unlock" or "progress" to a new thing.

My main kink is slutification, corruption so this game should be right up my ally (heh). But the corruption feel shallow you have to accumulate corruption combine with Lust to unlock certain stage of corruption level thus unlock more lewd options.
    The problem is there is only 3 stages of slutification and it doesn't feel connect or seamless. you go from reluctance>less reluctance/starting to feel good> accept and instantly become a slut, with only 1 scene for each stage.

While the game advertise it as "outfitsgalore" in reality there is only like 5-6 out fit and most of them are just a variations like chang color or shorter skirt and see through.

Most importantly the game have a terrible text issue. Test dissapear very fast , so fast you can't possibly read them in time. imagine this very paragrah you're reading to this point appear only 1 second and I'm not over exaggerating either. so most of the time when you unlock new "title" you have no way able to read description.

on to the title. Basically are passiveslike in Karryn's Prison just less develop.