RPGM - Completed - Magical Girl Celesphonia [v1.07] [Shimobashira Workshop/Kagura Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Interracial UglyB NTR Fan

would be a 5 if there was more story and the scenes/paths had more depth, unfortunately they're mostly just same CG different text based on corruption but there is a decent amount of them

the games systems, combat, hints, etc are all well above average at least
  2. 5.00 star(s)

armedvinyl

Despite getting as good as all the scenes in the game seen, I felt inclined to start a new run and just go for another time around.
    The game isn't exactly 'short' either with plenty of stuff to do, some great amount of care was put into this game and there's a lot of systems at play, but don't let any of that scare you. I would say just play the game naturally and don't worry too much about it, it will either resolve itself or you will find out what to do from thereon out.

If you want an RPG maker game that doesn't do anything super special with its combat, but it does it really well. This is the one.
    The overworld and time of day does help immensely to flesh out the world and make me want to explore it in the first place.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

00snak

Amazing game and one of the most polished lewd games ive played. My only issue (and its a pretty big one) is that scenes are locked behind defeats (which makes sense I guess) but the issue is that you then get punished for it. The game has a system where if a corruption level reaches 100, game over, and when you lose a battle you gain corruption level. Not a good system. Lots of scenes in the gallery which i have no idea how to obtain, so not good. Otherwise art is absolutely fantastic, scenes itself (when i do unlock them) are amazing. Combat is good. Would still absolutely recommend. 8.3/10
  4. 5.00 star(s)

nrgnv

The story is fun and engaging, in a sense that it let me experience the world little by little rather than giving me a huge chunk of info in the beginning and then tell my MC to please herself with those tentacles right there. I spent at minimum 30 hours from start to end, just because there are so many contents in it which is rare for this kind of game

Also, the soundtrack is fire. You'll be greeted by a jazz music in your room and later in the game the soundtrack tells you to just murder your way to the end. It's refreshing to actually hear something else other than these soundtracks I heard many times in many different HRPGs
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Good Question

The game and one of the best it's stupid that there are no more games of the same genre finally even if I prefer another game but it is one of my favorites and that will not change

A Virtual Taste of Unfaithfulness
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: v1.07

One of the most refined RPGM games i have ever played. There plenty of games where you play as a magical girl in a modern world that slowly gets corrupted as the story goes on, its nothing new, quite cliche in all honesty. But this game Refines it and approaches perfection closet then any other game with this setting and style of world. Even if you arent that interested in magical girls or are even jaded by the same shit RGPM systems i would heavily recommend you to download this game and play it, its one of the best corruption game ever.

Not much more to say than that, the only real negative in my mind is the combat system and progression is a bit too linear, but its good, so im not going to complain too much about that.

(y)
  7. 4.00 star(s)

miskito

Celesphonia was the first RPGM adult game that I've played and I did overall enjoy it. The heroine is likable and her corruption process is rather well paced. Despite that I initially wanted to rate the game with only 3 stars. However, I feel that would be unfair to the amount of work put into it. A good chunk of reasoning behind this decision is highly subjective. What I consider a drawback might as well be a big upside to you.

Let's get the objectively good stuff out of the way first:

+ A lot of QoL features that make backtracking easy and exploring areas enjoyable
    + Good Artwork
    + A lot of content
    + Honestly, the story is quite fun, especially the small plot twist shortly in the final main story dungeon.

Now onto the things I had some issues with, even more so after comparing this game to its predecessor [caution, spoilers ahead]:

- The combat suit. It made sense in the beginning, but by the end I really wish I could fight in whatever clothing I desire (or, hell, even naked). Instead, it was always that magical girl outfit that I never really liked to begin with.
    - Missed opportunities for NFSW content. There is something satisfying about returning to starting areas when your corruption has grown. I really wish Celesphonia could do something lewd in the cafe. Or at school without having to by hypnotized. I would rather have less defeat scenes in favor of more ways to make a total slut of Celesphonia in public.
    - A bit of Moon logic with unlocking certain CGs. Riding a train while infected by a parasite. Those scenes were very well done, but taking a train is not really a thing after you deal with the invisible Monstrum - it literally does nothing, doesn't pass the time, does not take you from one location to the next, there is absolutely no reason to do it.
    - The quest pacing is a little off. There are some missions that you get really early in the game, yet the materials required to craft items for those missions are not available until you are considerably further down the main story path. This made the first half of the playthrough a little frustrating as I had this constant feeling I'm missing something when in reality I wasn't missing anything at all.
    - Also, speaking of materials. My god the amount of resources you can farm is overwhelming. I'm not sure I understand the need for this in a Hentai game with a battle system as simple as 2+2. This surely sucked some joy out of the playthrough when I had to farm stuff for a few items I thought looked cool
    - Heroine doesn't seem to ever come to terms with giving in to the corruption. Even with 99 corruption points and LVL 3 Lust she still acts as if she's forced to do things against her will half the time. Now, this part is highly subjective. If you enjoy a rape fantasy, then probably that's right up your alley. It's funny how while I do not fetishize rape, this game's predecessor was very arousing with how much Flode enjoyed being used. But then again, Flode could always resist being molested and then she would say something teasing, along the lines of "oh, you want some of this sweet pussy? Too bad, I'm not in the mood right now". In case of Celesphonia I found myself feeling sorry for her in certain moments where I'd prefer to be horny.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

kadeko

pros:
    high production value for an RPGM
    huge skill tree
    battlefuck
    detailed battle stats

cons:
    unavoidable rape. heroine gets raped twice right at the start. then goes home like nothing happened. basicly is a slut from the start of the game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

htc89234

Shimobashira games are excellent. They're fairly long, they have decent mechanics that are actually usable, the plot tends to be at least minimally engaging, they're well-written and often have a more than decent translation to match, as is the case with this one, and have fairly few bugs.

If there would be one complaint to be made, is that the artstyle isn't spot-on for my tastes, but the sheer amount of fetishes, scenes, customization for your playthrough, etc, make this game more than worth it.

If you're into corruption, female protag, then try this one out. It's not flawless, but it's definitely on the far upper end of the "genre".
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Acerock

This game was immensely overhyped and does absolutely nothing better than its fellow rpgmaker H game contemporaries
    the story structure is repetitive and boring
    fight boss then go to another dungeon then fight another boss repeat
    battle rape/mid battle molestation from enemies quickly gets old fast
    the corruption isn't very good and there are hard limits stuck to the story so you hit a cap early on if you're trying to turn into a complete slut. This means you'll keep hitting a cap and you cant do things like walk around in a swimsuit or outright strip naked despite maybe having already had monster sex/rape hundreds of times which makes no sense
    train molestation barely occurs early on and you'd have to artificially increase the rate using items from a vendor later on or pass the days by to the point where the city gets super corrupted
    Other games give you the Auto Lose button so you can intentionally lose to enemies/bosses
    You know what this game does? Lock that behind a poison item only sold in the slums in a later chapter
    There is zero reason why you cant just have that ability from the very start
    I'd say the Teacher has some good corruption scenes with the MC but you'll quickly reach the end and the CG quality gets a little iffy later on
    The outfits sound like a good idea on paper but barely change anything
    there isnt that much variety in CGs and the game is a monotonous overhyped slog to play and even the corruption and game design isn't anything special, give it a shot but dont say I didnt warn you
    there is nothing in this game that you havent already seen before or you havent already seen done better in other games
  11. 4.00 star(s)

RedBluePie

Gonna start by saying that I love Shimobashira's game. They have good JRPG element stuffs & Great lewd art. Though if I have to compared it to Ambrosia, finishing Celesphonia left me a with the feeling of "Damn, the lewd stuffs could've been so much better" especially more in the corruption aspect, e.g: not able to keep the corruption form definetely deduct some point.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

soldieroffortune813

Genuinely great game. Both the lewd aspects and the RPG elements are top-notch. I especially enjoyed the RPG side of things: I played on crisis difficulty and found it to be an enjoyable challenge without being absurd in the buffs it gives enemies. The post-game content was a fun extra challenge that really helped tie the game's story into a satisfying conclusion.

If you have any interest in this style of game, I would highly recommend giving it a try.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Gama_R34

Starting by saying I'd give this a 4.5/5 if I could.

I obviously went for a lewd playthrough to begin but maybe I'd recommend playing normally and not to chase after leveling your lust if you're planning to go lewd. The game will give you plenty of natural ways to increase your lust without having to grind the repeatable events (tho this will be a requirement if you're going for 999 lust)

The story was nothing insane but it was compelling enough to care about the main characters tho one of the final plot twist was kind of obvious it still was presented in a way I did not expect so kudos to that. To keep this review spoiler-free I'll omit from talking about characters in detail but I wish we had a bit more backstory surrounding the lore.

As far as combat goes, not much to say, I played on normal difficulty and it was pretty easy tho I've heard the hardest difficulty is actually quite challenging if you do not prepare accordingly.

Now onto the smut side of the game.
    We get served with a LOT of events and scenes, some of the poses are repeated throughout the game in different setting which is a bit of a shame but there are still plenty of unique ones to have a nice experience. The addition of audible moans and sound effects help sell the lewd scenes a bit further.
    One infuriating detail are the scenes in which the top left text description covers all of the action, thankfully I only spotted this issue twice in my playthrough but it did feel bad when it happened.

Content wise, there's plenty of content to enjoy and a few post-ending content to complete too, it's not a lengthy game by any mean but I managed to drag 25-30 hours out of it :)

And finally, I don't recall encountering a single bug in my playthrough tho if I did I was not aware of it!

TLDR: Awesome game with some flaws here and there. I recommend it for corruption game fans
  14. 3.00 star(s)

godisgonenow

Let me preface this with I'm not generally a fan of JRPG despite growing up playing mostly Japan's game especially RPG. So my tolerance for mindless grind is near 0 . this game action/battle aspect is a 2/10 for me simply because it required some 10 minutes or so grinding per chapter to clear the boss.

To sum it up this game is as wide as ocean deep as puddle. it's good for player that like to "unlock" or "progress" to a new thing.

My main kink is slutification, corruption so this game should be right up my ally (heh). But the corruption feel shallow you have to accumulate corruption combine with Lust to unlock certain stage of corruption level thus unlock more lewd options.
    The problem is there is only 3 stages of slutification and it doesn't feel connect or seamless. you go from reluctance>less reluctance/starting to feel good> accept and instantly become a slut, with only 1 scene for each stage.

While the game advertise it as "outfitsgalore" in reality there is only like 5-6 out fit and most of them are just a variations like chang color or shorter skirt and see through.

Most importantly the game have a terrible text issue. Test dissapear very fast , so fast you can't possibly read them in time. imagine this very paragrah you're reading to this point appear only 1 second and I'm not over exaggerating either. so most of the time when you unlock new "title" you have no way able to read description.

on to the title. Basically are passiveslike in Karryn's Prison just less develop.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

shadowburn

10/10

Celesphonia is a crown jewel of the corruption h-game genre. The corruption genre is about following a protagonist’s journey as they slowly go from (generally) innocent to absolute sex-crazed nymphomaniac. Understanding this is key to understanding how and why Celesphonia is as good as it is.

Story/Writing/Voicing:
    The overarching story is fine. It’s basic, but also just good enough to pull you in. The writing in general I find to be quite good for an h-game. Amane in particular is written very well and is able to sell you the incredulous situation of being forced to be a magical girl; and of course she also sells the idea of slowly being corrupted very well going from a pure girl that’s hesitant to even masturbate, to a complete turbo slut if you so choose. There’s a bit of voice-acting as well, which is nice for the h-scenes.

Gameplay:
    The gameplay is a fairly traditional turn-based, very rpgm-esque combat. While fairly easy, the difficulty curve requires you to at least pay attention to the mechanics of the combat for most of the game. Celesphonia does a very good job at navigation via teleportation and many exits. This is a problem for a lot of rpgm games where simply walking around and navigating to places is an absolute chore so I’m glad they at least thought about this.

Art/H-Scenes:
    The artwork is incredible. The fact that Amane has two forms, both of which are very cute is a great way to give variety to the scenes. Even more impressive is that for a lot of scenes, you are able to change outfits and that is reflected in the scene as well which gives you incredible variety and ability to cater to your tastes.

There’s a metric ton of CG and of course an equal number of scenes. Just about every possible degenerate fetish you could imagine is included in Celesphonia from tentacles to exhibitionism to sensory deprivation play (no yuri tho, goddamn it). There’s gonna be something there for you.

However, this does come with a side-effect. The massive variety of scenes are not always thoroughly explored. Some scenes are one-offs, many scenes are two-piece. The absolute best part about corruption is the development. Watching as a character slowly becomes more accepting, more degenerate, and more lustful towards a certain act is what pushes certain threads from good/great into being incredible. For instance, the thread with the PE teacher goes for upwards of 8+ scenes, and the escalation of it is what makes it so good.

Conclusion:
    I could go for much longer, but overall Celepshonia is a near perfect h-game. It’s not a perfect game. Sure the actual gameplay could use work, there’s no autoplay function, and quite a number of scenes don’t develop much.

However, what this game does best is that it sells you on the fact that Amane is getting corrupted, which is the absolute most important thing for this genre. She’s being exposed to so much degeneracy, while being thrown into a ridiculous situation, but the story and the combat and the variety of scenes all support the setting. Everything is working together juuuuust enough to pull you in. Celesphonia sells you the situation she’s in, why it’s happening, why it has to be her, and why she can (potentially) turn into a turbo slut.

Celesphonia is a masterclass of an h-game, and any fan of corruption would be remiss to skip this one.

I’ll be writing a review on Anthesis and Ambrosia soon, Shirobashira Workshops previous games. And let me tell you, this circle is the undisputed king of the corruption genre.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

twistyfun69

Huge fan of the slow but thoughtful corruption. AND there are multiple components to said corruption. This feels really well thought out and developed nicely.

Easy to manage corruption for a bonus! This makes it possible to pursue a pure run, but it's not entirely tedious to achieve actual sexy scenes without tons of grinding.

More of this please.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

Fidzius

[v1.06]

Good game, but grindy and somewhat inconsistent:

The enemy types are human and monster, but only monsters drop SKILL EXP materials, making half of the enemies not quite worth the fight.

Odd skill EXP system choice- you get the "soul" (random chance, size based on enemy area), that you purify each (or all) for specific values, that are boosted by certain skills, so there's no real point for the soul, other than making it hard to estimate amounts.

Inconsistent- some equipment descriptions like small / medium /etc. increase, others just say the effect without it's properties, like "has a chance to win instantly" without having a percentage and since there's multiple items that do that throughout the game, comparing them is impossible.

Awful hint system- "get defeated by a certain enemy" is no use at all, still better than acquired H- titles / skills that say nothing at all. Or how about the monster encyclopedia that shows monster drops, but not their location.

There's a protection amulet, that disables penetration (for a mana cost), that goes ignored in some scenes.

Finishing a Story Quest finishes the day, but doesn't reset daily events, so actions can't be repeated.

Lastly, the GRIND- money, "souls", ingredients, H stats
    ALL need to get grinded to get anywhere and it makes it boring.

Decent 3/5 game with flaws, mostly grinding, that make it tedious.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Kuroi_Mato_O

Damn what a good game. Can't say it's perfect but one of the most polished and entertaining RPGM game I've played so far. Art is fuckin awesome and to my surprise MC text lines are very adequate lol? Combat is kinda too fast tho
  19. 5.00 star(s)

KodokuAi

Reviewing info: How I rate/review and other info is HERE . W.I.P This sentence will not be included if review format is finalized and blog updated.
    Review layout: Lazy/minimal format (others)
    Review type: Game
    Review format: Lewds
    PROs
    Great & Hot artstyle
    ✅ Fun story
    ✅ Great Cgi alteration
    ✅ Tons of outfits
    ✅ Tons of great flavor text that changes depending on your state/outfit/stats (NPC changes, the log type text etc..)
    ✅ Tons of fetishes
    ✅ Well done 3 stage corruption (which means that most events have 3 tiers of CGI events depending on corruption state. So those games are recommended to play that you see stage 1 event everywhere first then stage 2. Otherwise it will make chain of events/corruptions feel very unnatural (i.e see 3rd stage event and be utter slut, then move to another place and see first event where FMC is very reluctant & against the perversion)
    ✅ Tons of scenes
    ✅ Degeneracy route makes game rather easy & not too grindy
    ✅ Quest log tips
    ✅ Everything can be unlocked in 1 run
    ✅ Midcombat Cgi scenes are great
    ✅ Curses/parasites/hypnosis effects & permanent changes
    ✅ Everything you get through effects or so, you can do manually endgame (set corrupted gear you want/have a pet that puts parasite in you etc....)
    ✅ Also likeable FMC and her sidekick
    ✅ Game over mechanic done beautifully. (you get game over scene then game allows you to return moment before game over)
    ✅ Tons of skills which I usually don’t like, but it was done a in a fun manner. (you equip engraves that give you abilities & give you passives)
    ✅ Lots of fun unique items
    ✅ Beautiful degeneracy stats screen
    ✅ Equipment offers lot of different stats and unique perks
    ✅ Lot of unique game assets
    ✅ Long but addicting RPGM game (Think took me around 30 hours to 100% pretty much all of it, had few breaks now and then as don’t have stamina for such content rich H game :D)
    ✅ Most stuff you expect to have in H-rpg game, is in the game and a lot can be unlocked/bought ingame
    ✅ Secrets (areas, bosses, equipment)
    ✅ Difficulty options (I played on normal)
    ✅ Finishing game also unlock gallery unlock item you can buy
    ❔ Surprisingly game has birthing system as well but is more of a flavor thing than actual game content, but yet still you can get pregnant and you can deal with the child accordingly (I filled my Memoria area with kids)
    ❔ Get the usual kagura patch
    ❔ Extra „special“ slots mod is also recommended
    CONs
    ❌ Pure route seems to be a lot grindier as per usual with these sorts of games (as corrupted gear is pretty much superior in most cases, aside the finale where you get ultimate synthesis equipment)
    ❌ The 3 stage corruption ain’t my favorite as it’s usually steep, but this one was well made (progressive slow corruption needs to have story heavy & very different gameplay approach)
    ❌ The final, final boss boss area warp point for some reason can’t be activated before fighting the boss (in others areas could) so I’m guessing it’s simply a mess up on development part
    ❌ Kinda feel that for sake of argument cheat tools after beating game once would been nice (mostly for gold & soul currency) But at the same time end-game farming for souls & money is fairly easy.
    ❌ Also miss that no visually shown images body part’s „level“ on stat screen
    ❔ The Item database/glossary felt a bid odd. Most of mob drops and locations were marked but some stuff I had to open „truemechasonic celesphonia notes“ to find some materials endgame
    Comments
    Bloody hell, this game was exhausting to finish. Something might fall off. Anyhow... this game goes 100% to my favorites. I enjoyed the fuck out of it. There was simply so much properly done regarding gameplay and the degeneracy element. Plus I loved the artsyle & FMC which made it much hotter.
    Honestly... skill system made the typical H-rpg turned based combat a lot more fun. I also did read most dialogues and actually paid attention to story as it was rather enjoyable magical girl plot.
    The degeneracy stats & title screen was also beautiful to look at and eventually hunt for.
    I played on normal so didn’t have to tryhard with combat. Few fights offered some challenge, didn’t just mash Z . And the most effort I had to put in was the final, final boss. Where I grinded for some materials to make endgame gear + hunt for some special items to counter boss. So „normal“ I found a good balance.
    A good game, a good fap. What else can I say. I consider this one of the best H-RPGm games I’ve played.
    Total Score: 10/10
    +FAVORITED
    Game status:
    ✅ Finished
  20. 5.00 star(s)

TheHighSpire

I've now played Magical Girl Celesphonia enough to have a clear idea of the game.

Let me preface this by saying: I mostly played the game on hard, only cranking it up to very hard later in the game. I didn't load my save when I lost, instead letting the story play on. In the same vein, I didn't lose on purpose (except when I wanted to see what could happen).

I generally like this game. I think it has something to offer; the story is alright, the "call to adventure" is alright, there is some humor, the porn art is nice and the combat is not too grindy. That said, the game has a few flaws in my opinion.

The game starts as Amane (MC), is attacked by monsters that recently started to appear. Initially the monsters had an easy time, until a magical book that she picked up at the library got activated and transformed her into Celesphonia, a magical girl. Not long after, her best friend is kidnapped by monsters, and she decides to save her. This starts her long quest to destroy the monsters. The story is actually rather decent for what it is. I wouldn't call it "deep" or surprising, but it is decently written and the pacing makes sense. This is already more than what RPGM games manages to achieve. The characters in the game is not all that much developed, nor is Amane in my opinion, but you still get the idea of a strong woman who fights for something bigger than herself.

The game is alright in terms of combat. Unlike most games, this game does not just spam you with mostly useless abilities. Instead you will unlock knowledge which you when equip. I mostly like this idea, but a couple of things didn't really make a lot of sense or were annoying:
    1. I think that "Mending" (repairing your clothes) should've been a passive skill.
    2. I don't think that it makes sense that equipping "Fire Magic 2" makes you forget the abilities from "Fire Magic 1".

Aside from that, I actually like the way that abilities are managed. Generally, combat was okay. There is a wide range of enemies, which is alright. Nonetheless, this game bangs its head against the same wall as almost all other RPGM games: the combat becomes repetitive. While it attempts to solve this with different enemies, you still end up fighting pretty much all of them in the same way.

Then there's the whole arousal system, which can be placed into:
    Lust and Arousal. The problem is that the two systems kinda overlaps, which means that Lust fills a lot, and arousal means very little. Essentially Lust is how likely Amane is to - say - walk without wearing underwear in the park. Arousal is a more here-and-now modifier, and while it makes Amane wet on her picture, its only other point is to make her hesitate in battle. I think this is unfortunate. I think would've been more fun with a combination so that she being lustful in general, together with her being horny in the moment would allow you to do something else.

I did like the porn part, I think a bunch of the art was alright, and you were given options on whether you wanted to follow the groper into a stall and get fucked etc. As I saw the pregnancy tag, I really hoped that this was a "risk" of doing that.. but testing it out, Amane never got pregnant. It only happened after I took the ovulation drug and allowed the enemy to rape her. It was at that point that I realized that the tag is only really there for show.. It doesn't do anything at all.

Here's the short version:

The Good:
    • The story is decent, and makes sense.
    • You are not, unlike so many other games, forced into stuff you don't want.
    • The game doesn't break character.
    • The ability system is nice, and makes you want fight battles to get souls to use. It also allows you to take an active decision in how Amane should fight.
    • I liked the equipment system, where I went for a complete AGI build. Dodging all them spells.. most anyway.

The In-between
    • The ability system could've been better created. Like not forgetting the abilities from a previous ability, when you equip its upgrade.
    • The porn part of the game is alright, but no overly amazing.

The Bad:
    • I think its unfortunate that Lust and Arousal ends up overlapping, and at the end, only Lust really matter. Arousal is left in an awkward spot, where it only really matters in combat (where Amane hesitates at times) and not much else.
    • No pregnancy. This would be fine if it wasn't tagged as having it. It is really not a part of the game, and it seems like its there to just have another tag.

At the end of the day, I actually really liked Magical Girl Celesponia, and I ended up playing it quite a lot. I suppose I would have given it 4.5 if possible. But since it's not, I gravitated towards 5.