RPGM - Completed - Magical Valkyrie Lyristia [v1.01] [ShiBoo! / Kagura Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

lampuiho

My score is extremely biased because I like battle rape.
    However the implementation here is extremely meh. The corruption is also extremely on-off rather than having some progression and after effects. A very simple game. Also, the battle rape depends only on enemy type/strength, and nothing on corruption level. So, it feels lacklustre and I feel like it should get lower score but it's still one of the few that get me off which is what's most important so 5 star.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

aleyugioh

Nice Ryona game i liked. It's a funny game, let's begin:

The art: Very cute.
    The Gameplay: It's nice turn battle combat and the bosses are more like puzzles.
    The Durability: It's short.
    The Plot: It's average.

I think this game it's a 4.5 stars, If you like jrpgs with Ryona.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

RagueltheUFO

This game has been done for a while and I'm just sitting here waiting for the sequel to be translated.

• Great, unique artstyle
    • Easy to understand battles
    • Battle fuck
    • Voice acting fits the characters
    • A skill that allows you to one-shot generic mooks 50% of the time and you can increase the rate of it occurring.
    • You gain EXP during cutscenes.
    • Cut in images of special attacks are like a comic book. Super cool style.
    • You are given the choice to ambush and one-shot enemies for less EXP or fight them normally.
    • You have the option to turn off enemy encounters if you find them annoying and want a challenge by just focusing on the forced encounters.
    • Final boss is rather challenging even when prepared because you are handicapped into not using your 1-hit-kill skill.
    • There is actually a soft-guro scene. I shouldn’t be surprised but it caught me off guard that there was a decapitation.

Cons:
    • I am still salty about how I got punished in the first area by playing it smart and eavesdropping to see if I can get new information. The correct answer being “charge in guns blazing” being the correct answer to the first boss makes no sense given the context of the scene.
    • The concept of dexterity and speed are pointless in this game. There are only seven states you need (HP, EP, MP, ATK, DEF, MATK and MDEF). Dexterity should have been the hit rate and speed should have been the dodge rate. For them to add to the other stats is redundant and a waste of time on the power up grid.
    • This might be a developer oversight but if you go into the gallery room and lose your virginity in one of the battles, you don’t get it back and your sex stats go up. The gallery room is supposed to allow you to go back to do battles again, but it punishes you by not healing you or fixing the stats. You don’t gain any EXP if you win these fights, so it comes off as baffling as you get punished for going into the gallery room unlike other games that consider your stats and adjust it accordingly in order to get the scene you want.
    • The cat not being available half the time is annoying. If you can no longer find feathers due to the increase of difficulty ramping up the quality of them, you have to go to the cat to buy it. The cat isn’t in the second area and I’m confused how the game expects you to have enough feathers to fill all the grids if you’re not buying them.
    • Some parts of the story are unrealistic. I’m baffled at how Frostia managed to evade the enemy for four days minimum. If it takes you longer to complete the dungeons, she evades them even longer. It’s just unrealistic, especially since she’s in the enemy base. It gives the impression the enemies are so incompetent that they can’t find one girl who couldn’t transform until Lyristia approached the base.
    • In general, the enemies are so uncoordinated and incompetent that it makes me wonder why people are struggling to deal with them. It's not like other magical girl games where they have a barrier preventing normal humans from harming them. People just choose not to fight.
    • There is a lewd gauge that goes up for every h-attack during the battlefuck. It doesn’t go away unless you leave the area. The fact that there is no item to heal it is stupid especially since the game will throw out a lot of chests limited to feathers, money and a few healing items.
    • Game is rather short with only 4 areas. When you beat an area, you can’t return to it.
    • Not a huge variety of enemies (but that’s the point).
    • Game ends like a comic book arc. There are four generals and a king, but this game only deals with the first of the four generals. Frostia will be the second game in the series.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Adirtymexican666

I'm in between 3 and 4 stars here.
    If you don't already like rpg maker game games in general. this game won't change your mind.

Art and animation were the best part of the experience.

GAMEPLAY
    the gameplay was simple(i personally like it this way)
    turn based combat where the enemy can restrain you. and you can lose virginity while in this state.

you can complete the game as a virgin for those who like that option, naturally will involve grinding to do so.by rpg standards it isn't a large amount. especially with a awesome feature called Lyr smash. which is an auto win against normal enemies.this is not 100% of the time. but it can be upgraded so it is.

while you get game over CG from losing battles, IT IS A LIE
    that you need to do this to see them. you literally have access to the memory room from nearly the start of the game...the computer in your room that is shiny...can't miss it...and stuff is unlocked as your progress past those encounters.

You rely 100% on the 10 hit until break shield you have each battle.
    because of this. you are sadly less free to use any skill you want. end in battles with more than 2 enemies will generally be using counter to survive. even with a good amount of grinding, battles with a lot of enemies can defeat you since they can quickly destroy your shield which which means you will take significantly more damage.

also there are few models in game, you will be seeing the same one a lot. makes since with the story. but will annoy some people.

STORY
    A group called Fakkers abducts women and rapes them to get energy.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    You become a magical girl to save another who was captured.
    almost the plot of Saki Quest :sneaky:

OVERALL
    while i personally enjoyed it, i'd recommend giving it a pass if you have anything better to do.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Miloreo

The art is very cute and it also has a little bit of animation here and there, but I expected much more from this game concerning other aspects of it.

The combat system is mediocre. We're provided with the simplistic basic attack, TP skills, and AP skills (if I remember their names correctly) based combat system. Despite the various number of skills we have, only a small number of them end up being useful. For TP, the only good skill is Counterattack which costs the least TP and regen the most AP. The sex-escape skill is good but it costs too much TP, and if we're in a sex-focused battle due to picking wrong choices it's almost impossible to escape capture. For AP, we have the 1-hit ability at full AP and I don't really have any more to say about it.

The H-scenes mostly happen when losing a battle, which makes getting them a hassle. They also happen in combat when we're in a captured state, but being captured and getting sex-attacks even just a bit make the battle pretty much unwinnable most of the time.

Also very short game.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

OffPathGames

People are reviewing this game that don't like Combat Rape and GOR.

It's a great game if you are into Ryona/GOR. Combat is a little simplistic, but the art is good and the gameplay is solid enough. The campy magical girl story is good for the genre too. This one is going to be a skip if Ryona isn't your fetish though.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

kylemorre

It's one of those games where the only sex content is when you lose a battle and get raped. If you hate rape only games then this won't change your mind. The story is a joke and isn't worth your time. The gameplay is generic and nothing special. There's nothing here that hasn't been done muuuuch better in other games
  8. 2.00 star(s)

myjammies

My first introduction to H-Games was through a GOR one. Luckily, I've experienced a lot of varied gameplay options over the years to realise how limited this particular genre is. And when a game decides to have GOR as the only H-Content, combined with scenes that don't really look great, it results in complete disappointment.

I went into Rirustia with an open mind but sadly, the game did not live up to its billing. The gameplay is tedious, the attack animations while novel quickly start to grate as time goes on and the combat is simply spamming counter, attack and special attack. I don't think I even bothered using anything else after an unforgiving first level where any sort of creativity on my part was punished by getting caught and being unable to escape. It was rubbish.

The H-Content is underwhelming. I like the character art, it's cute. However, the scenes have the annoying translucent men and dicks which just annoyed me. It was also a shame where they instituted trip mechanics but didn't add anything more than that to the combat.

An entirely forgettable game and one I'm disappointed to have put three hours in.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

realnamesao

if you like ryona, youll like this game. does not get into guro or extreme gore, which is nice. there are a few scenes with piss and with egg laying, both of which i find gross, but theyre easy to ignore and dont take up too much of the game.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Reversedh

This is a really solid game and i really enjoy it.

Story: Really simple and straight forward. Although it's kinda short and i really hope that i can see the actual end instead of some cut scenes and a "to be continue", I really like the idea and how they end the game.

CG: Really good and all of them are rape. 50% Rape during battle and others are defeated scenes. The animation and other things are pretty good too so... i approve.

Gameplay: There's no grind or anything because basically the MC can one shot everything except boss and some special enemies. There's also an option that allow you to "one-punch" lower level enemies which is really cool and time-saving.

To sum up, this is a pretty good short game (about 45 min -1 hour).. Everything is well-made and the animation is... well... acceptable. Every bosses can be easily defeated if you can stall 4-5 turns and use your one-punch skill. Enjoy the game !
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Aebyss

Fantastic!
    + Very Cute Art & Animations
    + Great Story & Cliche Moments
    + Amazing Battle Fucks & H-Scenes
    + Can battle the bosses again (in Recollection Room)
    - Gameplay is too short
    - Not enough H-Scenes

It's a great game, I really like it, I do wish that there are more maps in game where you can free roam.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

elhlyn

Well polished , brief, H- game that, from my understanding much of the adult content is from battle fuck and ROR.

Pros:
    +Battle fuck is sorta novel (not many RPG games have something like that)

+very well polished and the art is very nice

+interesting choices that reward exploring

+the boss fights are puzzles and not based on brute force

Con:

- subjective, but the fact the H content is primarily a ROR mindset is detrimental. Unless you're specifically in to that, this sort of ROR mindset where you're effectively discouraged from getting H content (especially considering having enough Lewdity nets a game over) kinda pushes you to more of a virgin run that, really is kinda boring.

-even though it's well polished the intros, outros, and flashy moves can get really tiring fast. they have a Riru-smash option where you instantly kill low level enemies but that also wastes time because you have to go through the cutscene of her using that smash attack. ironically it's faster to fight low level mobs as is than to go through the Riru-smash option.

-extremely linear, you effectively just go through a bunch of dungeons kicking enemies ass (or getting diddled) with very little interaction. kinda goes back to the main problem with the ROR mentality where you don't really have much content outside of combat and losing.

-kinda short ngl, you fight through 5 dungeons effectively and that's pretty much.

summary: very well polished game, though said polish annoying pads the length compared to the actual content provided.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Yushen

This game is great, the CG are really nice,
    the caradesign is well inspired.
    The Gameplay of fights isn't a revolution but do the job,
    and the "ero" mechanics are "flexible" if you don't see it cause you
    win against the boss, it'll unlock in the recollection room.
    My only real deception is that the game is short : 2h to 3h to end it.

I recommand it.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

dnm13

Averagely good

it's not a normal average that deserve only 3 stars, there's another review that said if there was an option for 4.5 stars then this one deserve it

H-scene is not few, but not that much either
    for those who love battle-rape, this one is a good play
    story is not boring either, not great either, butit made me interested long enough until the end

TL;DR
    It was an above-average good, magical girl game with battle-rape feature
  15. 5.00 star(s)

XoXeXa

one of most unique game i have ever play, this game is about magical girls who want to save a world from evil android. Android itself capable absorb energy from woman.

This RPGM actuallyvery linear. even though i can feel some semi-exploration in there, Btw the MC is very cute and cool. You can able to upgrade herskill via items in that game.

This game also has corruption mode. So dont get rape too much otherwise you will get game over.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Radience

Great game i would give an 4.5/5 if i had the option but since i don't have the option i will give it a 5 because it has been some time since we had a decent game that has hentai in it's combat(somewhat but it still counts)...

(quick note the translation was super good if there are sequel's to this game i really hope the translator do thoses games too)
    I LOVE THE ART and the facial expressions where 10/10 and all the girls look GREAT but i have to say that the MC look's WAY better in her normal form and we only get a SUPER brief H-scene of her normal form and somewhat a full scene in the final boss since her hair unties but the hair colour doesn't change so i don't think it counts...

Combat against normal enemies are basiclly non-existent since we either 1 shot then with riru-smash(wich is a chance off trigger at the begginng of combat) and if it doesn't trigger we still kill then easily in 1-3 turns with no risks at all.

Bosses are kinda of puzzles where you try to figure how to survive until you can use your special that one shot them if you use your skills properly there's no RNG in most of them(including the 3rd boss) but the 4th boss has trial and error wich isn't bad but ins't great either.

All of the H-scenes are great, the 4th boss one is probably the worst but it is still good if yo uare into that sort of stuff.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

smithsmithsmith

Distinctly average. Story is simple, though well written and translated so that's good. The game itself is very short, an hour and a half to two hours at best.

Gameplay is very limited, there a minor puzzle in the second area where you have to figure out a door code, but outside of that it's just walking around mostly linear maps and picking up items.

The combat was pretty disappointing. From some of the other reviews I was expecting a lot more out of the battlefuck mechanics, but there's only a single generic enemy type for the entire game, so outside of boss battles you're always seeing the same animations. Even the game knows this is pretty bad, as it gives you a default 60% chance to instantly win any non boss encounter.

The bosses themselves are more puzzles than anything else and are probably the only way you'll organically encounter any of the sex scenes, since the normal enemies are too weak to do it unless you actively let them.

When I say the bosses are puzzles I'm being a bit generous, since for the first two it's just a choice between two options before the fight. If you pick the wrong one it's basically an auto loss. The third one forces you to get lucky on a 70% ish roll, fourth is picking between three options every third attack (but who knows how you're supposed to figure it out besides trial and error), and the final boss is just 'don't use your super move'.

As for the sex scenes themselves, wasn't really my cup of tea, mostly because they're just sad rather than sexy. Between her getting her head beaten against the floor, crying while begging for death and in one case actually being decapitated, it did not tickle the pickle.

TLDR: Short and underwhelming, but the writing is fine and the game neither broke nor outstayed it's welcome. If 2.5 was an option I'd pick that.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Syha

Good game overall !
    Good classic magic girl story
    Classic RPG fighting but fun
    Sometime a good classic rpg is what we need !
    Good Art too with a cute MC !
    Nothing more to say here im waiting "ShiBoo!" next game!
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Aki-san

All of the Score is my private opinion. You don't need to trust, but you need to play it.

Story: 6.5/10.
    Game play: 7.5/10.
    Artwork: 10/10.
    Voice: 10/10.
    Good for fab: 7/10.

It's good game 8/10.

And the last point is my personal point.
    Easy to win the game with Virgin: 8.5/10.
    (Sorry i'm not good at english, i use Google translate to help.)
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Goblin Slayer

It may not be the best game out there but still a good game:

*It has plenty of Combat Rape
    *Virgin protagonist (you can get a virgin ending)
    *Cliche but funny mahou shoujo history (magical girl)
    *If you lost to a boss you wont get a game over

Overall a nice game for a fap or two.