Others - Completed - Magical Waifus Academy [v1.3i] [Wataponno]

1. 3.00 star(s)

spacezombie

A lot of missed potential.

The biggest problem of the game is, that it feels very unfinished, the controls are way too complicated even when there was no need, the academy is complety unfinished and way too little, the characters are really shallow, the sex scenes with the academy characters could be better the only scene I really liked was with europa but there should have been more with her too. The concept of the outfits is good, but it isn´t used good.
    The story is barely there.

But there are still a lot of good things, I really like the artstyle except the backgrounds which are a bit too minimalistic, the enemie sex is good, the battle isn´t amazing but decent, and the music is alright.

But I really wished there was more, it feels more like a really good demo instead of a completed game.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Linkolek

This rating is for 1.2.4i

Music - I don't listen to game music

Voice acting - very good, aside from maybe Europa. Her accent makes her sometimes hard to understand for not native english speakers or those used to it.

Art - a few full CG, very well done. Animations are hit or miss on transitions between loops, but good quality overall.

Gameplay - worst part of experience. Game itself is fine, but controls are a bit clunky, especially during scenes and dialugue. there is also quite a few bugs. Nothing gamebreaking, but visual errors and a few times quitting ongoing scene moves you to gallery.

story / dialogue - well written. Characters have personality, but there is too little of it to fully flesh them out. Ending feels unfinished. Possibly continuated in nextchapter ? Still, it could use something to signify to player that they 100% the game.

Overall - Bugs aside, there is a bud of high quality game there. The biggest problem is that it remains a bud. I haven't checked the rest of the series, but as a standalone game it feels cut before reaching full potential. Also, scenes with voice acting lack options to skip a line, accelerate or show text. This may be an issue for people that don't like half a minute of slurping noises, like myself.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Sennin

Fun gameplay, awesome graphics, decent voice acting. Looking forward to seeing more from this creator.
    I hit a minor bug sometimes with the final dragon boss. it seems to glitch out if i use charm on it. its also a little irritating that i have to use the new dispel magic that also gets rid of all my own buffs but no biggie the cheat codes help unlock that last scene if stuck.
    Id like to see more love for the lamias if they do a MWA2 and maybe more anal scenes.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Voryen

A lot of the content isn't intuitively found.
    How could a player tell you need to dress your fairie in a new outfit for new scenes?
    Why is research notes always popping up a menu immediately with the grimoire UI? That's poor UI design.
    Why are the controls so funky and clunky?
    Why do we need to have people inform us there Anya and Europa need to be spoken with after speaking with your mentor for the dragon?

There's so many whys the player has to find out by luck or by someone else because the game is designed so poorly. You can't even skip the ASMR scenes so you don't know if they have different pictures or not and they're not even animated.

The artist is great but they need to work with someone who understands how to make a game. Giving this a 4.5 average is ridiculous. Thus, I'll be granting a 1 since good art doesn't excuse such a poor gaming experience.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

dudibudi

To much mistakes holding it back, from being really good. But a good start and experience for another game.

Pros:
    +The sex animations are really good so ist the entire art style. From the animated sex scenes to the images, very good.
    +Simple Combat. After realizing that the Damage cannot excel the Shield (the enemy can do 40000dmg and your shield can be 3 points, it will not damage your health) you only have to go for stamina. Casting shield one time and then run the enemy over while his overpowering dmg gets nullified by a single point of shield. Also after getting the ice spell that is supposed to debuff you out of existence you just can spam it and farm on multiple enemy encounters. The debuffs do not really stop you from spamming it.
    +Not as grindy as you think. This game took me like 2-3 hours to complete. And only because I took my time with it. Thats not grindy at all considering other games.

Cons:
    -Lack of "real" sex. A lot of scenes are taken by foreplay. Which the name suggests is foreplay not main act.
    -The images are, as I said really good, but looking at still images with even more foreplay after seeing the animations is very diappointing. Why are the generic enemies getting animations and the characters you interact with and learn about justget images and voice-acting?
    -VERY PERSONAL: I dont like the voice acting, it sounds never genuine and just throws me off. Moans okay but all this "sexy talk" while watching an image will not get me turned on or anything.
    -The training system is garbage. Stupid unfunny mini-games. Just get aracana and pump up your stats or heck just run through the dungeons where you find 1+ for Defense, Attack or Stamina instead of torturing yourself with these minigames.
    -The dialogue is not skippable. You cannot even make the text faster. I dont get the reason behind it. Sometimes you have to go through several dialogues you already read to get to a new point or to check on things. Just bad.
    -The "school" is not really fitting with this artstyle. It really feels out of place with this mega zoomed in pixel background.

The story and the mentioned dialogues are OK. Nothing good, nothing bad.

All in all I had my fun with it. Won't play through it again though.
    I hate the developer for creating amazing monsters just to fucking lick them instead of fucking them (yes Iam butthurt about the Shark and that I can't fuck the dragoness).

This a review of Version 1.1
  6. 4.00 star(s)

LalkaAlan

I played this game a whiiile ago, but remember some things
    -Story: Among those "somethings"this is not it lul. But i remember that you are a guy that get's in girls-only magic academy.
    -Designs: Art and designs seem pretty cool actually!I even enjoyed the gameplay and how harder spell are harder to cast. The girls are superb imo
    -H: don't remember much but i remember that there was considerable quantity of it and the quality was good as well. Also, i am not a furry, but the hound is my waifu. In any games they are (Looking at you, Renryuu!)

All in all i would recommend this game. It's pretty good and your time won't be wasted on it!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

GoodOlBob

Amazing game.
    It is a bit of a grind, but we're not talking about waking up, taking a shower and having the same conversation with the same characters 100 times in a row. We're talking about kicking multiple asses in multiple dungeons with a classic (and well done) rpg kind of leveling
    Sprite art is an underdeveloped genre and it's rarely is ever well executed. On this count as well as on many others, this game delivers.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Heru Muu

It has a fun gameplay and art is very good, you need to memorize some spells it is a good mechanic but the shield is too much because you can become invulnerable for 1 hit and it doesn't matter if the damage it's more than your shield, I think that is a little bit Overpower.
    There some bugs that you can skip dialog sometimes if you move to another area. Anyway it is a good game, waiting for more updates :LOL: .
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 674118

Very nice game with great graphics and a great combat system.
    I particularly love sprite animations, it's particularly well-made here.
    Use the cheats though because the game is challenging and you need a lot of exp to be able to fight through the last few dungeons.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Gesellschaft

Fun combat and leveling system and really good art and sprite animations. Parts feel a bit unfinished as only one full art CG scene is animated and the story doesn't really have a conclusion, but still great nonetheless.