Mod Ren'Py Maid to Please [v0.14.2] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Apologies, some IRL issues took a few hours from my coding. Regardless:

Leave your QuickSlot1 open 'cause just like last time I'm taking it. Core v7a 100% ported over. All I need to do is compile, integrity check on my bench units, and if it all passes (it should, I've tested the heck out of it already) then it gets packaged and pushed out. Just a wee-bit longer folks.
1674772988713.png

I'm gonna grab an early adult beverage and knock this thing out. Brb soon...

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
QM Hovermode

How the new QM HoverMode works in detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho's HotKeys

Added all the latest HotKeys.
Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity,
  • Alt+ArrowKeys (up/down adjust dia text size, left/right adjust diabox opacity, same as within SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "g" (toggles the ChoiceGuide On/Off)
  • Lower-case "m" (toggles the MiniStat On/Off)
  • Lower-case "s" (toggles the in-game SanchoStats window, not the MiniStat but the larger in-game stat screen)
  • Lower-case "q" (toggles the QuickMenu On/Off, retains the customized size/color you set in SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "o" (toggles SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "c" (toggles SanchoCheats)
  • Lower-case "x" (clears stuck notifications)
These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)

Reactions: Ai Shoujo Fan

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.4.5)

Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Updated to Core v7a
  • New feature - SanchoGallery added (we finally have a semi-lewd scene to populate)
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • Updated feature - Rename alt-character. Functional across the board meaning the character name is reflected in: all other character's dialogue referencing her, her stats, her cheat buttons, absolutely all of it.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • Updated feature - Improved the ChoiceGuide to be more uniform and informative.
  • Updated feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots). List of all HotKeys can be found in post here.
  • Added proper scene transitions for the current update, pending removal once the official ones are in place.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all (really).
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Apologies, some IRL issues took a few hours from my coding. Regardless:

Leave your QuickSlot1 open 'cause just like last time I'm taking it. Core v7a 100% ported over. All I need to do is compile, integrity check on my bench units, and if it all passes (it should, I've tested the heck out of it already) then it gets packaged and pushed out. Just a wee-bit longer folks.

I'm gonna grab an early adult beverage and knock this thing out. Brb soon...
Griftomedia Just to be very clear, I have zero issue with "facepalms" as they are simply icons, but would only ask that if it's how you feel about the post then please provide some context I can actualy use to be better with what I wrote. What recommendations do you have or what exactly rubbed you the wrong way (if I may be so bold to ask for your detailed criticism)? Regards.

Griftomedia

Jun 9, 2022
Griftomedia Just to be very clear, I have zero issue with "facepalms" as they are simply icons, but would only ask that if it's how you feel about the post then please provide some context I can actualy use to be better with what I wrote. What recommendations do you have or what exactly rubbed you the wrong way (if I may be so bold to ask for your detailed criticism)? Regards.
I was just pissed the update hadn't come out yet. Its all good now. Don't worry :)

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I was just pissed the update hadn't come out yet. Its all good now. Don't worry :)
Fair enough, I've had my fair share of bad days/moments too bud, sincerely. I hope the new features and update is above your expectations. The VN itself I don't write so that's not on me obviously. I did manually go through all the scenes in the new content and write professional yet conservative transitions that alone should allow your experience to be better than un-modded alone. Regards and enjoy.

Reactions: Griftomedia

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
QM Hovermode

How the new QM HoverMode works in detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).
Well, this really didn't take very long at all, about a few minutes into tonight's gaming session, and was caught up with the Dev again on this one. ;) But the main this is here, no problems from your mod came my way. Thank you so very much for your work on this!!!

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Important: Unless there is a new compression made proper, SanchoMod will NOT be compatible with it. The current one available as of the time of this post is not packaged correctly. I've replied to the compressor to let them know what they did wrong and how to resolve. It's on them to do so now.

Edit: Issue has been fully resolved. There's a new compressed version build available if desired.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikecd199817

elzorro212

Apr 11, 2018
Important: Unless there is a new compression made proper, SanchoMod will NOT be compatible with it. The current one available as of the time of this post is not packaged correctly. I've replied to the compressor to let them know what they did wrong and how to resolve. It's on them to do so now.
Thank you for the heads up!

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for the heads up!
Once I'm done with the porting I'll leave detailed instructions on how to get the compressed version to be compatible with the mod update. I'll be working with the compressor and they might end up supplying a corrected version (yet to be determined). So, don't go DLing the full version of the VN if your bandwidth doesn't allow, I think I can still get it to work but you'll have to delete some files before installing the pending mod update.... if that makes you queasy then DL the uncompressed VN.

Edit: No longer will be necessary. See post here and disregard this one.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, I'm now fully ported to Core v7b (the very latest of the mod's core Python) into the VN:
1677079503668.png 1677079726613.png

Now, since nothing blew up I need to hook in the latest features into the VN then I can start with the new content. The mod for this VN was already polished fairly high so hopefully I won't have to deal with a bunch of detail work and will make this update quicker. I'll keep y'all posted as always (I have some IRL obligations today so hopefully I can get this sorted soon).

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
We have a new LI, "Cat" (aka Catalina). I've added her to the stats and the cheats:
1677086882368.png

I got sidetracked a bit this morning but now back on point. Things are migrating nicely without any surprises so we should be just fine getting this sorted in a respectable timeframe.

Reactions: perseus420
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes