VN - Unity - Malevolent Planet Unity2D [Graduation - The Paparazzi Public Release] [SugarMint]

1. 2.00 star(s)

boulimanus

Reviewing version Day3.2

I've been keeping an eye on this for a while hoping it'd get good but I don't think it will. It's a bit of a bummer actually because the art is great, but everything else is awful.

The only good thing is the art, which looks fantastic and the only reason this deserves any star and why I followed it for so long when it was so bad.
    The story is acceptable but it has progressed so little, it's hard to assess for sure.
    Everything else is atrocious. RPG Maker can get a bad rep but doing an RPG in Unity 2D seems a worse idea. Although I'm not sure if it's the engine or the dev that is incompetent.

The movement is janky and you often find yourself stuck for a second wondering if the game froze. The load/save is utterly broken, making story based NPC disappear if you saved 'incorrectly'. This is a massive issue as it can completely ruin your saves and it is a recurring issue that has seen some instances fixed, but new similar ones appearing. This really begs the question if the dev knows what they're doing or learning anything as time passes.
    The map seems to have invisible walls at times, or doors that don't open.
    The inventory used to be another big issue, so big that it is now hidden until it can work, which at this rate, will take at least 2 years.

If you really love the art, it might be worth suffering through it all but as much as I do love it, it's not worth it anymore.
    If the dev does everything, I'd suggest to stick to the art and collaborate with a dev who can take care of the programming or scripting side of things.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

JazzyRey

Thought RPGM gameplay was bad? Well now you got RPGM in Unity!

Glitchy animations and transitions, flickering textures, no skipping (There's a button, but it doesn't work reliably, and only for the current dialogue despite being highlighted as activated).

The sex animations are decent. Not good, but decent. That's the 1 star.

I got nothing else that comes in mind as good about this game.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

argen6969

i absolutely love this game words cannot to it justice please just play it

its really really hot... for a lack of a better word

some good things about this game
    1:hot ass red head
    2:the sex scenes active the lizard part of my brain
    3:the art is fucking fantastic

all in all this game is one of my favs and when i get my pay check i will sub to the creators patreon cause this was amazing

but it does have some bugs which need to be ironed out like sometimes characters spirtes would just change rapidly (like naked to nightdress to space suit) or characters sprites would just appear naked

very much nitpicks and non issues tho