Others - Mall Creeps [v0.12B] [Kuga_Maru]

1. 5.00 star(s)

deskitteh

Excellent character design and easy-to-understand exploration-orientated VN style game-play... Few errors and overall enjoyable aesthetic.

I had some difficulty finding/using objects, but in my opinion, and having enjoyed seek and find games my whole life, this is hardly a downside.
    Overall an impressive start to a title.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

bloodbus

Art style is excellent, writing could use some cleaning up - just some spell check on a few words, I dig the scenario. It was really impressive for an early release, had me playing for about an hour. Sucks we can't have more now, but this is definitely worth keeping an eye on
  3. 5.00 star(s)

SpamDan

Very early version of the game and would love to see where the game go in terms of taking pictures of ghosts of the ghosts and getting new scenes. Biggest complaint from me so far is the lack of easy saving and the font can be hard toread. Also agree with the other reviews for notification of end of version and getting CGs in one run.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

tsquirrel

Brilliant art and interesting story build-up, keep up the good work.

However things I would like to point out:

- Hard to read font
    - Hard to save (i.e press "esc")
    - Unlock all CGs in one run, not 3
    - Notify that build is finished
    - Implement quest tracking
    - Very repetitive background sound
    - We're ouga bougas, the key to box is not a necessary feature if it's already in inventory

I'm looking forward to the next updates, thanks for the game!
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Squidbit

For a 0.001 it's promising, but still a 0.001.

The good:
    The art is really pretty, especially for the UI
    There's plenty of details that make the world feel natural
    The setting is fairly original and interesting

The bad:
    These are pretty minor, and don't outweigh the good despite me having more to write here:

This is personal preference, but I'm not a fan of the branching paths. I want to see the content the game has to offer, but I'm not going to play through 3 times to see the content for 3 girls.
    The font choice isn't great, but not terrible either. It's just a little hard to read at times.
    Some of the dialogue just feels slightly wrong. It's by no means broken english, but sometimes the pacing of sentences just feels wrong, like there should be more or less punctuation
    Using items is weird, you have to select the item from your inventory first like a classic point and click, but then you also have to right click to use it while you have it equipped, rather than left click to just interact. There's only one item to use at the moment, so I dunno how bad this would feel long term