Man I Procrastinate...

hentaifan0116

May 30, 2017
Hello All!

I've just been well... existing. For a long time now I did have the slight ambition and drive to make a naughty game.

As seen here > https://f95zone.to/threads/getting-things-in-the-works.3800/#post-636891

This was some time ago... Before the plague and all things not great. Though I'm getting motivated again and I might attempt it. Don't hold your breath though...
I've just been trying to find something I like the style of but something that is also easy to work with, and the other day epiphany struck. I was originally going to use TK17 and just do screen caps, though I didn't just want to be another drop of water in the pond of TK17 Renpy games. Back to that epiphany, Stylized Art. It gives it that drawn look, but I can easily work with the scenes in TK17. This gives me time to build the structure in Renpy and should allow for speedy development. Also I enjoy the unique look of this style.

Let me know what you guys think!

Reactions: Cokane0

TheHighSpire

Feb 1, 2020
Wow nothing? Alrighty then.
Don't let no responses keep you down mate. You shouldn't be doing games for the economic benefits (because they chances are slim) or for validation - because what if people don't respond, or just don't respond with something that you like.

Instead, find your motivation elsewhere. Is this something you want to do? If so, then the motivation should be that you like to play it. Or perhaps that you just like to make the story or whatever it is that motivates you.

The style sure is unique. Do I like it? No, but I generally don't really like 3D. But does it really matter if a random person on the internet doesn't like the style? Not really. I can see why my comment here may just look like a bunch of optimistic-nothing-words akin to "it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks". It's easy to say, but hard to follow.

Best of luck to you with your project!:)

Sinaxxr

Corrupting A Nun (Dev/Artist)
Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
The potential is there. Just have to put the work in. And as someone that is currently putting in that work, I know how hard it can be. This isn't for everyone. You just really have to put your head down and stay focused. At least for a while. Don't look out, look within. Keep moving forward. Make something that people will want to play.

Reactions: hentaifan0116

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
The 4th one -the brunette with blue shirt and finger near lips- is the one I like more in this "comic" style. I dunno if it depends on the parameter or the lights, though.
The others feel... wrong to me.
Not bad looking, but unsettling.

hhrichards

Dec 11, 2020
If it's too much effort & going to stress you out, I'd say don't do it!

Sorry to discourage, but I was working on a game for a long time. A really difficult one that I was so stuck into that I didn't realize it was ruining my life!

So I switched to a much simpler type of game (link in my sig), and now I bloody love it! I can develop a lot faster, the simpler art style is easy to draw, and I can get more content out faster. I also procrastinate a lot, so it's great that I can work on my game AND get things finished!

Maybe it's just about finding a process that fits you. But I'd say yeah, don't work on something that will stress you out. Keep trying new things until you find a process that is fun.

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
Wow nothing? Alrighty then.
Most people just lurk and don't post.

I like the short stack goth Elizabeth from bioshock lookalike. Would violate.
Unique looking models, I like anything that you don't see much in other places when it comes to 3D. Just don't make the MC's penis blue imo.

hentaifan0116

May 30, 2017
The 4th one -the brunette with blue shirt and finger near lips- is the one I like more in this "comic" style. I dunno if it depends on the parameter or the lights, though.
The others feel... wrong to me.
Not bad looking, but unsettling.

It does greatly depending on the lighting but I can always go in and easily add darker lines, or easily manipulate some colors or effects. Its almost meant to be a minimal design painting, but with a slight comic twist.

hentaifan0116

May 30, 2017
Thanks all for some responses! Helps a bit. I do agree I must make something I wish to play or at least a story I want to tell.

hentaifan0116

May 30, 2017
Most people just lurk and don't post.

I like the short stack goth Elizabeth from bioshock lookalike. Would violate.
Unique looking models, I like anything that you don't see much in other places when it comes to 3D. Just don't make the MC's penis blue imo.

Oh the blue penis is just a condom, haha would you prefer a different color condom? but I intended for it to come off...