Manila Shaw Asset Help

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I have always been a big fan of Manila and I have been working on her for a couple of months now and I have to say, I am getting ready to give up. I have been able to recreate Jennifer (Corrupting Jennifer), Sarah (Sarah's Life), Elena (Elena's Life), Astrid (Valiant Warrior), and Chloe from Officer Chloe.

I have been able to identify the base model; it is one of the Gen 3 DT series and I am pretty sure it is DT-Renata . If you look at the skin blemishes, the unique areola shape and starting physique you can see it is a great place to start. I have also been able to identify a number of outfits and environments pretty easily.

Here is a comparison of models; the one of the left is mine while Abaddon's is one on the right. I tried to get the scale correct by making the different layers in Photoshop and this is the closest I could get.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It looks to me like the scale and proportions are wrong/different:
  • The neck is longer on Abaddon ( I did adjust the scale of the neck to get it closer)
  • The torso seems shorter and wider on Abaddon's
  • The waist is also different. The hip connects to the abdomen much lower on Abaddon's
  • I cannot get the chin any thinner without throwing off the area around the mouth.
It is possible some of the scaling is off simply due to render variable, but the head, neck, and waist are all still valid. Is it simply a matter of not having the same morphs?

My next steps are to try some of the other Gen 3 DT models, but before I waist too much time, I was hoping for some suggestions or thoughts that could help me figuring this out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

john barrac

May 16, 2017
Can you tell me which Daz character and hair is used for Astrid from Valiant Warrior? I can offer something in return for your help, thanks.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Can you tell me which Daz character and hair is used for Astrid from Valiant Warrior? I can offer something in return for your help, thanks.
Sure! It's the Soleil Hair for Gen 3. It is part of this bundle...

Larry247

Jul 26, 2017
I have always been a big fan of Manila and I have been working on her for a couple of months now and I have to say, I am getting ready to give up. I have been able to recreate Jennifer (Corrupting Jennifer), Sarah (Sarah's Life), Elena (Elena's Life), Astrid (Valiant Warrior), and Chloe from Officer Chloe.

I have been able to identify the base model; it is one of the Gen 3 DT series and I am pretty sure it is DT-Renata . If you look at the skin blemishes, the unique areola shape and starting physique you can see it is a great place to start. I have also been able to identify a number of outfits and environments pretty easily.

Here is a comparison of models; the one of the left is mine while Abaddon's is one on the right. I tried to get the scale correct by making the different layers in Photoshop and this is the closest I could get.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well your model looks like Manila Chow to me, you know like half asian half white gal.......Still your gal looks cute. Put those glasses on her then she'll look like a cute nerd.

Reactions: SteelyDan14