VN - Ren'Py - Manila Shaw: Blackmail's Obsession Unofficial Ren'Py Port [Update 2] [Doshima]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Innocent Chloe

I always loved Manila Shaw Blackmail's Obsession with one exception I hated the fact it was on RPGM. That's not to say I don't like RPGM games, some of my favourite adult games are RPGM games but I hate it when RPGM is used in a format that is just completely not suited for it and that is definitely the case with Manila Shaw so it really prevented me from enjoying the amazing content the game had to offer

But that brings us here to the Renpy port by Doshima. This fixes that issue and thus makes a flawed RPGM game a perfect Renpy game

One of the main issues with this game on RPGM is that it was very tedious and you spent most of your time going from point A to point B and while combat did have an impact on the h-scenes you would see, these were few and far between and because it was so tedious on RPGM it made replaying the game to see all content variations extremely frustrating

With Renpy you skip all that tedium and can just enjoy the amazing story, amazing adult renders and great h-content. Combat is still kept in but as a player choice of winning or losing which is the best we can hope for with a Renpy port. There are games out there in Renpy that actually feature a full-fledged combat system so the original game definitely could have been done in Renpy

RPGM is best suited for open world non-linear or semi-non-linear games where exploration is key to content and combat, exploration and player freedom in progression plays a central role in the game's design. But that is not the case with the original Manila Shaw game and thus why the Renpy port is so popular for this game

I do hope for the next game by Abaddon that he either just makes the game in Renpy or that he continues with RPGM but uses it correctly so that it is a more open format without the tedium of Manila Shaw

But anyway the Renpy has none of that tedium yet all the quality content of the original RPGM game and it makes multiple playthroughs an absolute joy so you get the best of all worlds without any disadvantages... Beyond the lack of combat but honestly the original game's combat system is nothing to write home about so its loss is yet again a big plus in my eyes
  2. 5.00 star(s)

jackdanniels

Great corruption female protagonist AVN, sad that was made with RPG Maker, but hour hero Doshima had covered it. The thriller plot, the beautiful art, and the multi-choices that shape the FMC personality are a fantastic combo.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Aleks Mark

Just super. Once again shows that the classics are good, but not always. How the game would have benefited if it had switched to this engine. Excellent optimization of the gameplay without dull movements, incomprehensible restrictions and movements, behind which the whole meaning is lost. It is a pity, of course, that there are few animations, the version loses a little from this, but it does not get worse. I hope that in the future this issue will be resolved. I give it "excellent". I recommend it to everyone and hope for a continuation, thanks to the developer for his work, health and prosperity

:love: :) (y) (y) (y) .
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Fedmoonty

This remake removes the main disadvantages from the game, namely the boring, difficult and long battles, routine and the inability to skip animations.

I recommend this game to everyone, especially if you like blackmail and pregnancy theme.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Alea iacta est

Well done Doshima for porting this masterpiece.

Technically the porting is very well delivered, easy to navigate and allows to enjoy this great classic.
    Kudos for converting all the images and putting together everything.

Talent and dedication must be recognised
    Thanks