Ren'Py - Martique's Farm [v0.02] [SPodvohom Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

sinkind

TLDR: Decent setting for a game but horrible game design.
    V0.02.

Grinding is a part of this kind of games an for the most part it's quite predictable. But this game somehow fails in things you can only fail on purpose.
    Like there is NO reason to whole farm not be on one map. I can tolerate the city, but the farm?
    Why is there a dozen of buildings there if rn we only use 3 (though in reality it all can be on one main yard)?
    Let's be real chances that game will become so big that you'll use all of them are zero.
    This is how milking loop plays right now:
    1. wake up at your room and click on exit
    2. click to exit the building
    3. click on the main map
    4. click on stales
    5. click to send a girl to milking (THANK GOD we are jumping with her and not going there by ourselves)
    6. pick a technique you want.
    7. You gathered semen an *poof* girl is gone. What, she was still 80% aroused and you wanted to continue? OOPS, TOO BAD!
    8. click to go on the map...
    9. click on stales...
    10. click to send a girl to milking....
    ?Repeat until all your girls are empty and\or you're out of stamina.

Just... WHY?
    Did dev ever played this? Why you're forcing a player to waste SO much time? It's not fun or realistic, it's just wasting time to waste time.
    How it should've been: 1. wake up and click to exit the room. 2. You are now on the yard, click on the stales that are on the same yard. 3. send a girl to milking, she will stay there until she's empty or until you'll send her back. If you upgrade the milking barn you'll be able to send multiple girls there. 4. exit stales and click on the milking barn that also should be on the same main yard. 5. milk girls until you can't
    Isn't it so much better? Still can be improved but this way it's several times faster.
    Gardening is also a failure. Click to start gathering. click-click-click to gather. click to lift the box of vegetables. click to start digging. click-click-click to dig. The next day repeat. Is it really that necessary mechanic? You and I know that it's 0% fun. So what's the point?
    Game won't become any worse if you'd just click one time to gather while still on the "big field view", it automatically gathered and moved to the barn and then you click again to dig.
    No reason to actually go through all of it to get vegetables.

Last but not least the randomizer.
    Tis must go or be completely reworked.
    Like you go through all your clicking to the girl, you click (again) to speak with her and there are 3 choices (you can only pick one for some reason. Why can't we use all 3?) let's say you want to seduсe her because on her own she'll take a year to get to 100%.
    And then fun begins. Half of the time you'll get a failure even if you have 100% relationship. Okay, it's a sandbox kinda game, that can happen (though the rate is insane. you basically clicked all your way here for nothing, she won't speak again until tomorrow). But when you succeed you can get any number. Several times I got a 1. A ONE! All this clicking and a 1? so when you have only first girl and she's low on libido you basically gained nothing on this day, go home to sleep and try again next time?
    THIS. IS. BS.
    Dev, my friend, is this the game you'd want to play yourself? I hope not.

And when you sleep you also regain random amount of energy? Even after upgrading it? I slept on the sofa and i regained 4. out of my 40 at a time.
    This is the first game I ever saw anything like that and at that point I deleted it.

This need full rework of all mechanics and dev needs to reed\watch something on map design in games because this clicking simulator is barely worth playing.

Won't encourage anyone to avoid but honestly can't recommend rn.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Deem-san

Thanks for game. Neat concept. Basics of game play are there. Too grindy but cheats help at least. Hopefully will expand on interactions with existing creatures, such as actually seeing interactions when talking, seducing etc. Also more than a simple animation or two for milking scenes and some dialogue/sex talk during them as well. Good luck!
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Ptah

Right now the game is an idea and not much more. The levels of grinding are totally insane unless you use cheats. Also you need to click 9763933 buttons to de each of those repetitive grind. What could be easily added is a general map, and not maps inside maps... And is ALWAYS a bad sign when the first thing you gotta do in a game is mechanic and repetitive...
    Sincerely, between the lack of content and the not very though gameplay, cannot understand how there's people giving 4 or 5 stars to this, is simply INSANE.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Verethragna

It´s a 0.01 release so expext that amount of content yet I have to say for a first release it has a good amount yet a bit unsatisfying since it´s actually really good.

The game has an easy to understand build and is not very complicated to get into. The farming isn´t so big that it gets a problem.
    The Girls are all rather interesting and each one has 2 different scenes with 3 lvls each if I had to make a critique it´s an extrem lack of conversation with everyone. You have some story after all you have a talk option so have at least a few random dialoques that change with growing affection would be nice.

one thing that I think is problematic is the insane randomness of everything be it the prices for stuff or how the stats grow. some changes are real of course but here it´s just to big like selling 15 sperm goes from 20 on a bad day to 300 on a good day sry that should get a slight correction.

Overall it´s a very nice first release and I hope for good updates in the future there is quite some potential here so it would be a shame to see it die because of to slow or to small updates.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2191783

Great game! With its simple gameplay and hot animations. The sexy "animal" are a visual treat. While the experience is thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable, I do wish sleep would restore all energy in-game. More content would also be a great addition. Highly recommend!