VN - Others - Completed - Mary Skelter: Nightmares [Final] [Idea Factory]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 6480751

Decent dungeon crawler (with survival-horror and Metroidvania elements).

The story is pretty good (I do recommend reading the associated novels and a translation for the Japanese-only one if you can find any to make sense of some of the later plot-twists), and the gameplay likewise, is quite enjoyable but can be repetitive after a while, as expected of Idea Factory. Nothing notable really.

The reason I give this game 4 stars is because it is HARD-CARRIED by some of the characters, like most Idea Factory/Compile-Heart games (the secret character is my waifu). Gretel is for example is a top-tier waifu IMO, though your mileage may vary depending on your tastes (Thumbelina is a Tsundere, Red Riding Hood is an Oneesan, etc.). It's worth noting though some characters like Sleeping Beauty get less screen-time than others.

There are no lewd scenes really, though there are some ecchi situations with nice CGs and a simple "rubbing" mini-game in the uncensored if you're into that.

Overall I would recommend giving it a go if you like some decent first-person dungeon-crawling and aren't bothered too much by (mostly textual) depictions of blood/gore and ecchi stuff.