Unity - Masmorra Sapiranga [Alpha v0.3] [Itaguassu]

1. 1.00 star(s)

fgv2

For Alpha v0.3.

The volume slider starts at halfway instead of 100%, which is a feature that most industry games get wrong. That is the end of my praise for this game. It feels like a game that a student would make for a class project, where the only objective is to get experience using the systems of a game engine, regardless of what is actually produced, but with sex thrown in.

Controls:
    The mouse sensitivity for the camera is super high, and it can't be reduced.
    After reducing my DPI in external software by a factor of 4, it still takes me a little over an inch of movement to do a 360.
    By reducing my DPI this much, it makes navigating menus with the mouse unbearable, as it just uses your standard mouse sensitivity, so I have to constantly tap the DPI buttons on my mouse to switch back and forth.

The MC has this weird fake momentum. When you walk forward enough your character will continue walking forward for a bit after you release the button. The thing is, there's no in between speeds, so it's really awkward. You can even press or release the run button during this, and it modifies the speed like normal. If you are walking into a wall during this, you still keep the momentum. If you turn the camera during momentum, it will turn the momentum with it. After landing from a jump, it takes a while for walking animations to start playing again, so you just slide for a bit. There's also no jumping animation, so if you just spam jump it looks goofy.

Level Models:
    The textures are noticeably stretched to fit the faces of the level geometry. The bricks are unnaturally wide. A dark border is part of the texture of some stone pillars, instead of using ambient occlusion or a toon shader. This border gets scaled with the texture, and is also missing on some edges because of texture misalignment. The texture stretching also creates a grain in the stone when it's stretched anisotropically.

The boundary between the first room and the dungeon proper isn't aligned by snapping to the grid. Rocks that are meant to be outside the level boundaries are partially clipped through the wall. There's a gap in the wall in the first room of the dungeon proper.

Game Design:
    There's three rooms in the dungeon proper, but they all contain the same enemies (some with more HP and attack) and loot. Harder fights are worth the same amount of resources as easier fights. You have to try to get into a fight. A fight will trigger only if you walk within a certain distance of an enemy, and enemies stand perfectly still.

Your basic attack does a fixed amount of damage. Enemies do a fixed amount of damage. Armor is equivalent to having extra HP. If you have armor, the armor will take damage for you in the order of helmet, then chest, then skirt.
    Attacks can't miss or fail. You always alternate turns with the enemy. This means you can easily calculate exactly what will happen, and risk taking couldn't be a thing even if decision making was added to fights.

Seducing makes the enemy aroused and makes it your turn again. An aroused enemy doesn't do anything different. The only purpose of arousing an enemy is to let you perform sex attacks on them. Performing a sex attack does your sex attack stat in damage to their HP, and makes it your turn again. This makes the sex attack stat useless, as you can just spam the same sex attack over and over again. Also the only purpose of having multiple sex attacks is to see the different animations. Armor does not prevent you from having sex or seducing. The game implies your armor can get covered in cum, but this doesn't happen.

HP can be restored for free by resting, but you have to pay to fix armor. Repairing armor, to 30 total points, is a flat $40 regardless of how damaged it is. Increasing HP by 5 is always $40. HP starts at 100. Increasing attack by 5 is always $40. Attack starts at 10. So, at the start increasing your attack by 50% costs the same as increasing your HP by 5% (3.8% if you include armor).

Enemies don't have sex attacks. If you lose there's implied sex, but you don't get resources for it. There's no actual penalty for losing.

To sum up the entire game: grind to increase your attack, grind to unlock a sex attack, grind to unlock the rest of the sex attacks, then look at each of the sex attacks. You should never purchase an HP or sex attack stat upgrade. The only reason you should ever repair your armor is to see the unique seduce animation. If this game were a gallery that would be an improvement.

Nitpicks:
    Some individual words are un/mistranslated: "Salve", "Voltar", "Exit Gamer".
    The icon in the taskbar is almost invisible on my dark theme.

The dialogue for the three characters at the start can be read in any order, but this leads to inconsistencies where the MC is shocked over something she's already learned.

You have to perform a wait action to open the dungeon at the start, but waiting never closes the dungeon at any point, so its opening isn't on some invisible time schedule. The only other time the dungeon closed for me is when I died.

You don't know how much money you'll get for selling an item. You just place it into the sell box, and it instantly sells it. This doesn't really affect anything, because there's nothing to do with resources except for selling them, but still.

Cutscenes are slower than they should be. To advance dialogue you have to click on a button that's all the way in the bottom right of the screen. Just copy Ren'Py please. Your basic attack animation and the enemy's attack animation can't be skipped or sped up, but non-basic attack animations are advanced by clicking on a button.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Fidzius

[Alpha v0.3]

As a game, there's lots to be worked on.
    But for now, it does kind of function as a demonstration / prototype.
    Still lacks a bit in more than 1: enemy, differences between (ero-)skills and rooms;

Armor is useless, since it functions as bonus temporary HP, you can get permanent of it for relaticely cheap;
    Combat animations are have no skip / speed up button;
    Enemy detection radious (green box) is a bit inaccurate;
    Left foot sole clips through the boot.

When more is added and made more convenient, it's likely to be a good game, for now it's a bit lacking and gets kind of boring.