VN - Others - Completed - Master Magistrate [Final] [IRODORI]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Alive_n_Kicking

Stumbled upon the game thanks to the charming characters on the pics and thought that it is just another VN with boring, soapy dialogues where you skip them till H scenes. Darn, how foolish I was! After reading the description and finding out that the game involves solving cases and all the detective stuff, I decided to give this plot a try. I didn't regret a thing! Truly fascinating, keeps you engaged during the whole storytelling and perfectly develops the characters. What did surprise me was the fact that H scenes aren't mixed with the main story. And have to say that it's a good decision, as you have to focus on the cases, not choices to get some girl. After you finished the main plot — feel free to get the girl you like :)

Guys, I truly suggest you try this game if you're into plot and detective stories!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

NextAndromeda

The main story is decent not that good or that bad. After the main story the routes are pretty straight forward you go on one date then you officially dating but what hook me up is the secret route with Ayaka and Suzu that shit so sad its make me forgot about the H scene.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

redus

well i won't go into very big detail but this game is a masterpiece and everyone will 100% love it. this game is very similar to phoenix wright(only during cases) but is much simpler.there is only one choice(three choices are given at once near the end but during the the first playthrough only two choices are chooseable with one choice giving bad end and other continuing the story with the third locked choice with another heroine).well here's a spoiler the incest in this game is between the protogonist and his half-sister and not real sister
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Vyl

Artwork
    The artwork and style of Master Magistrate is definitely top-notch. One look at the screenshots provided, and you will realize that it is meticulously designed. Among the regular looks of the characters, there are also instances where the characters are 'chibi-ified', and they look downright adorable.

Voice Acting
    The voice acting of the VN is also superbly done. With the exception of the main character, every single character is professionally voice acted, down to the last background character. This no-doubt contributes to the file size, but it really brings life to the characters.

Translation Quality
    Professionally translated, with no errors.

Story
    Master Magistrate's story pacing is like a steam train. It tells a concise story, and there are practically no breaks in between the substories. Without spoiling, the story is structured into several 'chapters', which ultimately strings together to tell a bigger story. The writing itself is interesting, especially if you are someone who is into detective murder mysteries. There are also many plot-twists along the way to be discovered.

However, objectively speaking, and after much consideration, there are some points of the stories that does not make too much sense. Some of the baddies' plans are way too convoluted, and requires a miracle of plot-armor for them to succeed.

Gameplay
    Master Magistrate, unlike regular VNs, has a gameplay element where you conduct trials and challenge/counter the suspects with the information and items you collected during the investigation stage. While there is typically no way to fail them, there is still a scoring system to determine how well you did, and yields additional rewards. It is fun to pay close attention to the suspects and try to catch the inconsistencies in their statement, but it can get confusing especially in the later stages of the game.

H-scene
    This deserves a special mention, as unlike typical VNs where the H-scenes are interwoven into the central narrative of the story, Master Magistrate's H-scenes are entirely separated from the lengthy core story. The H-scenes come after you have beaten all chapters, when the main character has time to settle down and think more about the future. This means that if your objective is just the H-scenes, this probably isn't for you.

While my initial viewpoint of this is negative, as I go through the scenes I have come to like it. By having the scenes after the core story is done, the game is able to focus intensely on the character developments as well as the aftermath of the core story. Additionally, by the time you get to the H-scenes you would have known the cast very well.

Miscellaneous Points
    Total Playtime: ~35-40 hours
    % Completion: 100%
    Others:
    1. Dialogue volumes can differ greatly. When a character whispers or mumbles, it is barely audible.
    2. H-Scene Volumes can differ greatly. There is a dialogue moan, and there is background moans when the main character is thinking.

Closing
    Overall, I will say Master Magistrate is an excellent VN if you are looking for something with an engaging, deep storyline that sets the context for the H-scenes. If you aren't trying to pull your hair out figuring the answers, I would suggest to follow a guide, as the story and artwork alone is enough to carry the series.