Ren'Py - Completed - Master of the Earth: Reborn (R) [v1.0] [IndianaTK]

1. 4.00 star(s)

rostabu

This is overall an interesting game, I do say game because this isn't a V/N its good but has a few faults, more on that later....
    I say its fun and I like the artwork looks like an advanced "the sims" graphics (its not just gives that impression) lots of good looking girls but one problem lack of vareity everyone is balloon boobed. While there is a reasonable amount of sex a lot of it isn't repeatable (or at least I haven't found how and its pretty light in the incest content) . Also dev removed one of my favorite parts, one of the girls hair moved in a hot way as you plowed her no longer though. It in playing, here is where I see problems, the UI isn't intuitive but once you get it figured out its fine and in gameplay I have gotten stuck in progression because you can't just persue what you want you have to do all different unrelated events to get to where you want to be. is it a good game yes but not without issues, will I d/l next ep? YES
  2. 2.00 star(s)

david123

The only thing going for this game is that some of the female models are very nice.
    Everything else about this game is a mess. The story is all over the place and doesn't make any sense. The MC is probably the weirdest looking guy Ive ever seen in a game on here.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Behind

I really enjoy it! It deserves a better rating, for sure.

Has some nice story, models are HOT and nice quality, it's not too grindy AND it has music (an appropriate selection gotta say).

I'd love to see a small in-game guide or somethig, although it's kinda simple to know what to do next.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1758197

V.06 The renders are awesome, but the "sex scenes" need a ton of work. The story is fun and engaging, but I'm getting tired of the MC getting bodied all the time. Seriously? Isn't he supposed to be the "Master of the Earth"? I know, Naruto style build up blah blah blah...... The main reason for the two stars, is because the MC's dick is straight up gross :sick: It looks like a Sandworm from the Dune universe. I'm guessing this was an attempted at making the MC uncircumcised, but it didn't pan out very well. I don't normally care about it, but its always in your face in this game, and its not for the best; furthermore, all the female characters are always praising the MC for having a "big" one, but the visuals don't reflect it. Another thing I hate, at least when it comes to harem games, is being forced to "choose" which of the characters on screen are going to have scenes in the future, while the other 'disappears'. I want all of them, and no I don't care how 'unrealistic' that is in your already unrealistic harem game.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Unikat93

Nice Renders.
    Nice Animated.
    Please include notes.
    Relatively good game, behind the names you could also add the family grade.

Keep it up and you will be able to make a very good game out of it.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and I think you can do it
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Toast19

Unique storyline with a lot of side quests and beautiful character models. The soundtrack was amazing, the dev has good taste. Definitely give it a play if you are into the supernatural. One thing it could improve on is the sex scenes and adding more replayable sex scene options for the characters. I believe he plans on adding animation to it so that should be fixed.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

libertypics

Update: With 0.7, dropping back to 4 stars. The pick a school system has some fun to it but my understanding is the choice will lead to exclusive scenes the other schools won't see. The problem then is this game, while solid, doesn't have near enough replayability to justify playing it 4+ times if all the content is to be viewed. I'm also not a fan of needing to make dozens of saves. Since it also doesn't have a gallery yet, you can't even use someone else's full save. Still a good game but would have preferred spending time with each school not being forced to pick one and not see from the other 3+.

Update: Adding a 5th star, if you're into this kind of content (magical body enhancement, sexy thic women, etc.), this game is already stepping into one of the top for that subgenre. In the long run it really could use better in game guidance or a clearer walkthrough or gallery of content (quite a bit of content could be easily missed) but still early on, won't remove a star just yet for that.

A 4th star just for hopeful potential, as the game has breast and butt expansion and body modification/enhancement/magic to the women you meet and has a lot of potential. Renders are pretty hot. Also, a walkthrough is available as a file to help you play it as is, though it doesn't mention some things you can do to get additional scenes (and it would really help to integrate it into the game somehow)
    It's got a lot of potential, if it's not cleaned up a little it could drop to a 3 but if it keeps growing (pun not intended but... yeah, dev, keep the breast/butt/figure growth and enhancement going, and hey nothing wrong with making them lactate or going pregnancy either...), adding more with the existing characters (many only have 1 or 2 adult scenes currently) and if it cleans up the UI and in game guidance a little, there's a solid 4, maybe even a 5, potential in this game.

Last side note, the breasts in this game are great. Anyone who's been with a large breasted woman (E cup and up) knows those things aren't perky unless they're plastic (and cheap, since good implants are made to somewhat mimic natural shapes).
    This is one of those games where the artist clearly knew what actual big titties are shaped like on a woman. Many 2d artists that draw their art get that but for rendered games it's uncommon and here, it is done well.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

rainwake

Pros:
    + Models are gorgeous. If they were animated and you get multiple h-scenes with each girl, this game might be decent

Cons:
    - The UI is rough. No gallery, no visible inventory, no quest list. Navigating around town is scuffed. If you were to return to the game after not playing it for a while. It would be up to your memory to remember where you left off and what items you've collected
    - There are points where it's not clear where you're supposed to go, so you'd just be checking everywhere to see if there's new dialogue options unlocked.
    - The h-scenes are not animated, they're short and there are not very many of them. Most of them, if not all of them, are not repeatable. It's a pity you don't get more scenes with the girls.
    - character development is flimsy, you don't really get real choices, there's not much of a plot. You're just a guy with a massive ego because you're the chosen one, but really your character's a noob at magic. It's a small miracle that your enemies don't just kill you off when you don't know too many spells. However some of the later spells are ridiculously powerful, so much so that it's going to take enormous sandbagging from our part to not just finish off the villains.
    - There's not really much game play, apart from manifesting money to buy stuff, and stat training to pass a few stat checks. This is closer to a Visual Novel than a proper point and click sandbox game
    - Outfits you buy or unlock don't get applied permanently to a character.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

TheCragger

So I decided to try this on a whim despite the mixed reviews. And I have to say while it started out campy and silly I actually really got into both the story and found a lot of the characters very attractive. Absolutely worth a play through and even though it's pretty much on rails with just choices of what to do when it gets better and better as you go through it. Both in writing and characters.

My one and only complaint and why I'm only giving it 4 stars. is that you really don't get to use much of the spells you learn except once. It would be a lot more fun to use them at will on characters you enthrall or mind dominate like Angelica.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Boldano

The game has changed a lot since the last few versions in a good way. The progression and menu navigation is a lot more streamlined and the menu that shows when we've finished the content is super helpful.

The models are absolutely gorgeous, looking forward to seeing more of this game!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

bananassssss343243434

Good Graphics, great animations , in this update they removed the grind that in my opinion is bad because i like something to get me invested in the game that i am playing.
    Overhaul the game is very good , and it has some potencial in the future , the one thing that i would like in it is some more chars .
    Good luck to the dev and thanks for the amazing work
  12. 4.00 star(s)

ImVeryLul

Its a good game and the game developer is actively working on it while implementing the feedback from the community. The models look good, the animations could be better. The Story is fine, nothing to special but it has potential. Overall a 4/5
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Leezinki

It's a good game, I like this game a lot. want to have an update keep on and on I'm rooting for you. The characters did very well. Continue to develop more. Wait to follow. Excellent illustrations.
    very sexy character wait for encouragement and wait for the next update
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3134271

I'm editing this review as version .4, which I rarely do, since the author reached out to me having taken my advice and criticism to heart, which is pretty remarkable and shows a sign of engagement that a lot of creators lack. Kudos to IndianaATK, they show they actually care about making as good a game as they can.

So, an updated review:

You're a young man who received power, used it for evil, and was sealed away for your transgressions. You manage to escape your prison, reunite with your family, and plan to exact revenge on the people who imprisoned you.

In the early version of the game, it suffered from baffling, poorly conceived decisions that padded out the visual novel gameplay loop artificially, and strange aesthetic choices, like a jaunty soundtrack that didn't match the tone whatsoever. The author has listened to all the criticisms and really streamlined the prologue, which didn't need a grind. They changed the song choices to be something a bit more in line with the "i'm a Dark Wizard on a quest for power and revenge" vibe. I no longer get so bored and frustrated that I'm ready to quit before the main game has even begun.

I want to make clear I really do appreciate the humility and receptive attitude of the author, but also I want to be honest with the current state of the game, which is far from perfect. The current gameplay loop is pretty typical of Ren'Py visual novels. The writing is all right, but it could use further polish. The game could definitely use a quest log to give the player a better sense of direction and goals. Games should always aim to signpost the critical path clearly.

The renders are decent enough, but the overall composition of individual scenes are lacking. Characters need more poses and expressions, so they can respond to player inputs and conversations can flow better in ways that keep with their specific personalities.

The renders sufficiently convey what's going on, though, but do not really rise above that level. They also suffer from the Perspective being rather arbitrarily chosen from scene to scene. For instance, sometimes we're looking at things from the disembodied view of the audience, other times we're looking out the eyes of the Main Character. Other times, we're looking through the eyes of other characters. The main problem is there doesn't seem to be a conscious reason why it switches up. I'd like more consistency.

Overall, the game is worth a go now, although it still has a lot of rough edges.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

Daerque

EDIT: Review of Version 0.4

MUCH improved over V0.3. Well done, IndianaTK.

Positive changes:

1. The excessive grind has been significantly reduced, which is a very good thing. There is still a LITTLE bit of grind, but it is not overly annoying. At this pint, the amount of grind that remains is what I would term 'necessary' for spacing and progression timing.​
    2. Immersion into the story is much improved, thanks to the UI tweaks/reworks, coupled with 'off screen' characters no longer speaking, unless they are present in the view/renders.​
    3. Spellbook for reference, and the 'character tracker' is decently placed and unobtrusive to the rest of the screen. Also, I really liked the addition of the 'sleep' button, which removes a lot of excess clicking. I would recommend adding the 'stats screen' iron (the flaming hand) to the same location, for easier reference.​
    Change proposals:

These are just my personal recommendations, however, as I have stated in other reviews, the Developer is free to make their own choices as it is THEIR game design.

1. Move the 'statistics screen' icon to the top where the spellbook, character progression, and sleep buttons are located, for easier reference.​
    2. Possibly rework Megan's animation a bit, due to physics that I have mentioned in my original V0.3 review. To my eyes, it is a major detractor to her overall attractiveness, and a bit of a "What the....was that?" moment, instead of really getting into what is supposed to be accomplished. The model, herself, is quite attractive to my eyes (curvy in all the right places, without being really excessive or over-done), but the breast movement during her dance....a cringe moment, for me.
    3. Maybe rework Sara a LITTLE bit. She seems a bit TO eager to jump on the MC...far more so than Alex or Lucy. Maybe a little more convincing of her? Or, perhaps make use of the compulsion spell to "break through" her mental barriers to open her more towards the idea, via a potential 'side effect' with her...due to the increased proximity of the MC to her, via living at home most of the time.
    Rating INCREASED from 2 stars to 3 stars. As I stated after V0.3, I will be continuing to watch this one, for certain. I was able to immerse far more into V0.4, so to my mind, a major improvement! Well done to the Developer, IndianaTK.​

Review of Version .3:

Pro:
    - Renders are decent, though it certainly seems to be a singular body type.​
    - Animations are fluid​
    - Genre is somewhat of a unique take on 'magic use'; somewhat different approach to it, which is a good thing.​
    Cons:
    - While the animations are quite fluid, the quality is lacking. Pixelation due to lower resolution animation rendering is predominant.​
    - In the animations, the breast physics of the models are either filled with concrete (very little movement in a larger bust size), or was generated from Honey Select with the breast elasticity set to "tsunami" (so much movement that even walking could be fatal for the girl due to excessive breast movement)​
    - Overall, I noted 3 body types, though the majority is of the breast size that would require steel boned corsets to support..​
    - In one animation, the model's movements cause one of her breasts to flatten out like a fillet board. (see note regarding breast physics)​
    - Grind...grind........grind.........griiiinnnnnd..... *passes out from excess grind*​
    -​
    - Multiple bugs, loops, and other distracting mechanics that are not functioning properly​
    Synopsis:

To my mind, the negatives outweigh the positives in this one. I can not speak to the experience level of the developer, but there are just to many glaring issues to keep my interest. There IS potential here, if a great number of the issues are worked out. I intend to keep my eye on this one to see where the next update or two leads, and may adjust my review accordingly. In any case, good luck to the developer with their title.[/spoiler]
  16. 3.00 star(s)

JackMiejov

Review for 0.8:

There are definitely improvements in the quality of the renders and animation for this update, but the update itself is totally linear, which completely negates any need for the poorly implemented sandbox. That's a good thing, but the story and writing still seems like they came from an adolescent rather than an adult.

Review for 0.7:

I'm raising my rating to 3-stars for this game.

This update has a ton of content and no grind leaning toward a VN instead of a sandbox, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's a lot more story in this update than previous updates, but it's very shallow. There were a couple of animations this update too. I was beginning to think animations would be removed.

The game still has so many inconsistencies in the user interface, renders, animations, translation, etc. The dev is working tirelessly on updates to the game, but it's still pretty rough.

Oh, I'm still going to whine about every single woman having the "thicc" look. Not that I don't like the look, but now all of the women have that look (the women that didn't were transformed by the MC to have it). It makes the women boring.

Review for 0.6:

I'm not sure what to think, now. The animations have been removed for the past 2 updates, and that really takes away from the game. The trend continues to have the MC magically make all women have the exact same body type with big tits, a fat ass and a narrow waist. I'm sure that's what the dev likes, but when every woman in the game is the same, then every woman becomes average. To quote Syndrome from the move The Incredibles: "...when everyone's super, no one will be."

I'm lowering my rating back to two stars. The lack of animations and the dev's lack of understanding of erotica definitely make the game below average. As motivated as he is, unfortunately, the dev is still flailing in nearly all aspects of making an adult game.

Review for 0.5:

The 0.5 update was really small. There were just two small new scenes, but I'm sure there were bug fixes, too. I'm a little worried that one of the two scenes was the MC using magic to make his mother look like most of the other women in the game with oversized asses and tits, just like the MC did with the library girl. It's supposed to be temporary according to the dialogue. I hope so, because making all the women look alike is going to make the game boring.

Previous review for v0.4:

I'm updating my review because the dev reached out and asked me to play the newer update and provide feedback. All of the really annoying and game-breaking problems I previously experienced are now fixed.

The game isn't perfect. The plot still has holes and inconsistencies. The user interface is still primitive. The low-res animations still need to be cleaned up. However, I do think that players can now actually enjoy playing the game instead of just being frustrated by the game-breaking bugs. Players can also see when they've finished the game content. There is still some grind, but it's been simplified from the previous release.

Previous Review for v0.3:

Version v0.3 of this game is having serious teething issues. The game seems like a prototype created by a high-school intern. The dev appears to be a novice at coding, rendering, animations, writing, general game design, and game validation. It's like he never actually played an adult sandbox game before to understand what makes a game good. The game is very crude and very buggy. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody to download and play at this stage, unless they want to do the dev a favor by finding and reporting more bugs. Oh, and there's also no way to tell when you've completed all of the content in the current update, so you could grind on forever waiting for something to happen. The v0.3 version is just not a good experience.

On the plus side, the dev is being very responsive and fixing bugs on the fly as players discover them, so I do expect this game to get better very quickly in future releases.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

megamanzer0

slow animations and grainy models. Game has barely any assets in it. Game has a lot of bugs (Example: in the begging of the game u can get stuck in infinite loops) the pictures look good from the main page and maybe if they stuck to images and left animation it wouldn't be so bad
  18. 1.00 star(s)

modplayer

There are good games and bad games. However, this is one of the most worst boring grindy game ever. I have never rated a game before, but this game makes me want to burn my computer. There is basically no story no game play at all. The game starts out in a room and the mc just train magic to reach the next available check point with little to no conversation. The act is also haunting with the mc have different eye's skin and look like a try your best cgi in the 1970.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

TheLegend1337

From what i've seen so far, This game has potential. But it needs a LOT of work and improvement
    As it is now it's a clusterfuck. No offense.
    I hope to see this game develop...
  20. 5.00 star(s)

betatester

this is really an amazing game, the characters look so good and are all hotties the render is very high quality, I've seen no issues with the gameplay so far so ( no bugs yet ) the story also has a lot of potential I can't wait to see where this goes