RPGM - Completed - Material Girl [Final] [Dieselmine]

1. 4.00 star(s)

myjammies

I usually complain about games that don't have gameplay but I think Material Girl is a bit of an exception that, primarily because of the CG and the variety in scenes.

There's not much "game" to be had here. The story is the age old problem of good-looking women suddenly finding themselves broke and beggared in a cruel, misogynistic world. You essentially walk around the map and choose which scenes you want to see. The more scenes you do, the lewder you get and the more scenes that open up. Classic corruption game ploy.

The good things about the game are the outfit system, you get to choose between a bunch of them and most scenes are tied explicitly to certain outfits. The scenes themselves have a fair amount of variety which is helped by the variety in outfits. You get VR-banged, hypnotised, drugged, drunk and a number of consensual ones as well. I thought the art during the scenes was very good as well and that helped me get over my disappointment with the lack of gameplay fairly quickly.

My only concern is that the descent into depravity is a bit too quick. At 1/5 lewdness, you can pretty much prostitute yourself to random passerbys and that's just ... weird. But then again, the entire H-Game genre is absurd and the fact that we play it even more so. Nonetheless, great art for some quick titillation.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

冷雾

Pros
    • good art -- great art among its peers
    • some CV
    • long but not uninteresting H-scenes -- made better with CV
    Cons
    • the corruption is not that gradual due to in-game lewdness level not being moderated by key storyline events but instead can be increased by repeatable events. TL;DR the theme of gradual corruption failed
    • not enough variations per h-scene/location; players are also forced to repeat the exact same h-scene with the exact same level of variation and after a few straight copy repeats, one wonders if there is simply no more <-- a thought that un-funs the game
    • also not a large variety of h-scenes/story materials in general
    • existing h-scenes can be bland
    • awful translation; although it can be worse
    I mean to criticize the game. But I still recommend giving it a try -- because similar games may also be lacking one way or the other. Please give it a try before reading more criticism.

Material Girls starts off as a game with great potential for my preferences. But it mostly failed the expectations. Material Girls has good art -- I dare to say great art in relative terms. But the game comes with an assortment of shortcomings (see above). On top of what is already mentioned, I also need to criticize the character design. The MC appears rather receptive to sex to begin with. When choosing sexual encounters, MC displays little to no regret. There is little connection back to the background pressure for money. Imagine the MC spending some time admonishing herself or appearing guilt-bound with friends. Imagine the MC spending time regretting not taking money for sex(-ish) things after the player has made such a choice. Well there is none of that. With the game mechanics adding to the lack of boundaries between being a complete slut and a shy, normal, albeit supposedly care-free school girl, there is no graduation to the "corruption". Rather, it feels routine going through the different events. The sex scenes themselves by all means are nothing special. Not particularly exploited for the harassment/guilt part either which would otherwise suit the corruption theme. The art is good relative to similar games but not outstanding -- not really detailed in any way. With all of the above combined, what is the point of the game? Missing potential is the point.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Neo Nocturne

TL;DR:
    Pros:
    1. Beautiful CGs
    2. Simple and straight-forward plot//ending
    3. Simple gameplay//no skill required

Cons:
    1. Lack of variations or significant choices that matter
    2. Boring gameplay

Honest Opinion:
    If you are looking for a gameplay heavy RPG, this is not the one you seek. If you are looking forward to a choice-matter plot that satisfies your desire of making decisions, this is not the game. But if you are simply looking for good fapping material, Dieslemine & their products are a guaranteed FAPPABLE material.

And it is voiced, so giving it a rating below average would be inappropriate.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

KodokuAi

Note: My “review” is general overview of a game and with heavy weight on how much I enjoyed it rather than “critical/objective” rating. In another words my “review” is PERSONAL ENJOYMENT + a bit of “critical” rating/comments.

PROs:
    +solid art
    +rather pleasant voice acting
    +fair amount of scenes
    +multiple endings
    +cheatroom (after finishing game once)

CONs:
    -a bit braindead "breaking" genre
    -absolutely abysmal translation
    -too loose for my taste (more of JK being a ahem..than corruption)
    -hunting for various scenes get's tedious
    -some scenes and interaction are just inconsistent and dumb
    -no value/effect/reaction to random npc scenes

Comments:
    Seriously.. I liked the Art and voice acting. But aside that it felt just really dull. Horrid translation and lot of scenes simply made no sense in adjacent to other scenes/quest-lines. Plus yeah, not really my jam.

5/10
  5. 5.00 star(s)

tired_for_h

Legendary game, about the horrors of being a woman. It has the most hilarious machine English.

Good art, plenty of scenes, although light on fetishes, it has one creative one.

Great gameplay that promises to become it's own genre, as it was copied by the game NTRed Class Rep Yukino. You can save your virginity and get a happy ending with your boyfriend, fall into depravity while getting rich, or fall into depravity while falling for all your PE teachers traps.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Rastafoo

This game had so much potential and simply fell flat in every regard! For example - you can get raped on the first day - and all your character says is "darn it, how unlucky" - like she doesn't even care. What is the point of the game is there's no desire in the sex? No desire, no taboo, no nothing! Its just boring garbage! SAD!