Ren'Py Maya's Mission [v0.1] [Pinkmochidango]

4.90 star(s) 9 Votes

derekscott3

Sep 9, 2020
This is just me rambling so feel free to ignore this.

But you said something about a love route maybe the trial can be like the “final boss” of the love trial like in the corruption route maya decides that she doesnt want to idk press charges or it was a miss understanding or something but in the love route she decides to take Bluecrop 2 down for whatever reason i mean we barely know anything about Mike Hawk for all we know the guy is just a pervert with a courtroom fetish or something.

Again this is just me throwing an idea out there you can just ignore this.
I like that, sounds like it could be fun. Besides, best way to satisfy this debate is just have a little something for everyone.

OozeEnthusiast

Jan 2, 2021
This is just me rambling so feel free to ignore this.

But you said something about a love route maybe the trial can be like the “final boss” of the love trial like in the corruption route maya decides that she doesnt want to idk press charges or it was a miss understanding or something but in the love route she decides to take Bluecrop 2 down for whatever reason i mean we barely know anything about Mike Hawk for all we know the guy is just a pervert with a courtroom fetish or something.

Again this is just me throwing an idea out there you can just ignore this.
Seems a bit silly. It's a corruption game, adding routes to dodge the central fetish seems like a waste. If there is going to be a good route and a bad route, it should be between Maya becoming an easy slut who loves it vs Maya learning to use sex to her advantage, sort of like a femme fatale, but more cheerful and Maya like.

Reactions: DicksInSpace

derekscott3

Sep 9, 2020
Seems a bit silly. It's a corruption game, adding routes to dodge the central fetish seems like a waste. If there is going to be a good route and a bad route, it should be between Maya becoming an easy slut who loves it vs Maya learning to use sex to her advantage, sort of like a femme fatale, but more cheerful and Maya like.
That sounds fun too.

Then again, I'm more interested in this game because it's a AA game. I am not a fan of most of that stuff so I personally probably wouldn't play.

derekscott3

Sep 9, 2020
I feel you. I'm very particular about corruption so if this goes the wrong way I'm out too.

It does look fun and if the creator wants to go full corruption/ntr/whatever that's their propagative. I was excited to see a AA game because I like the franchise, but I personally was hoping for something more... not that. Which is why the so-called "love" route that the author is talking about interests me. But I understand that what I would want from that probably goes against the main draw of the game for others.

derekscott3

Sep 9, 2020
Actually, you know what? Let me ask. Hey pinkmochidango, sorry to bother you and I know that it's pretty FAR out there before it would get added, but when you mentioned a "love" route can you explain what you meant? If it's not trouble.

Arkade

May 23, 2017
I kind of wish it wasn't free. I know there's easy avenues to support but its not like there's kickstart goals or any plan to broaden scope of game with that support. So I just feel that with this level of potential- it being planned to be monetized would make it a fuller project- free games always make me think of minigames that stop right before things get good.. Especially in a game meant to tease like this already..

Reactions: pinkmochidango

Inkbrush_

pixel art
Game Developer
Mar 28, 2018
Ohh, how great, the Ace Attorney project finally came out. If you need support, I am willing, greetings, good luck with the project! :D

pinkmochidango

Mochi
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2021
Actually, you know what? Let me ask. Hey pinkmochidango, sorry to bother you and I know that it's pretty FAR out there before it would get added, but when you mentioned a "love" route can you explain what you meant? If it's not trouble.
so what kind of "content" is my boy nick gonna do..? and is it gonna be animated?
I can't answer those questions right now really, I think for the time being you're just gonna have to let me cook!

I've got a pretty solid plan but it's subject to change; If I think something else will make the game better I'll do that instead.
I kind of wish it wasn't free. I know there's easy avenues to support but its not like there's kickstart goals or any plan to broaden scope of game with that support. So I just feel that with this level of potential- it being planned to be monetized would make it a fuller project- free games always make me think of minigames that stop right before things get good.. Especially in a game meant to tease like this already..
All my fangames will always be free, and in fact they have to be! It is a shame I can't do stretch goals etc, but please believe that I will complete this game to the very best of my ability.

CuriousKiyo

Jun 15, 2022
Phoenix doesn't have a car, he moves around via bicycle and taxi. 0/10, immersion ruined!

Just kidding, amazing start, so stoked to see how it develops. The sounds and graphics pulled out straight from the games, the writing feels spot on, the edits fit, I love how it jumps straight into the plot and doesn't meander around like a lot of other early games, the trading card system seems like a very clever way to add girls who shouldn't be there (though I wonder how Mike Hawk got Ini to pose for him since she should be in jail, I assume he either edited the image or he has some special prison contacts, just speculating), aside from incentivizing exploring. To top it all, it comes from a dev with a finished game under their belt? Well isn't that a sight for sore eyes around here.

If I am to be truly nitpicky in a way I wouldn't be for a game without this much potential, the music not looping properly, instead fading in and out is a little annoying, the menu could be changed so that the ugly ren'py one doesn't clash with the otherwise fantastic presentation, and some small things for authenticity sake like the character remaining on screen if they are there, writing the date and time when entering a room to signal to the player something changed, dialogue options. Really small things that, were they not changed, wouldn't detract from the experience in any way, but it specially annoys me because the demo is filled with small details like how sprite change during dialogue, lip animations, dialogue noises, all of which makes it feel like an Ace Attorney game, were it not for those very minor nitpicks. Again, these things are inconsequential, feel free to ignore me. If the game were to release without any of these changes I wouldn't utter a single complain, but some of these details could be easily polished, I would feel terrible if I didn't at least point them out.

I cannot overstate how hyped I am to see the game develop further!

derekscott3

Sep 9, 2020
I can't answer those questions right now really, I think for the time being you're just gonna have to let me cook!

I've got a pretty solid plan but it's subject to change; If I think something else will make the game better I'll do that instead.

All my fangames will always be free, and in fact they have to be! It is a shame I can't do stretch goals etc, but please believe that I will complete this game to the very best of my ability.

Well can't say I'm not disappointed, lol. But I am indeed interested. I will say that I love what I've seen, you got the art styel and game style done almost perfectly. Looking forward to how this progresses.

pinkmochidango

Mochi
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2021
Phoenix doesn't have a car, he moves around via bicycle and taxi. 0/10, immersion ruined!

Just kidding, amazing start, so stoked to see how it develops. The sounds and graphics pulled out straight from the games, the writing feels spot on, the edits fit, I love how it jumps straight into the plot and doesn't meander around like a lot of other early games, the trading card system seems like a very clever way to add girls who shouldn't be there (though I wonder how Mike Hawk got Ini to pose for him since she should be in jail, I assume he either edited the image or he has some special prison contacts, just speculating), aside from incentivizing exploring. To top it all, it comes from a dev with a finished game under their belt? Well isn't that a sight for sore eyes around here.

If I am to be truly nitpicky in a way I wouldn't be for a game without this much potential, the music not looping properly, instead fading in and out is a little annoying, the menu could be changed so that the ugly ren'py one doesn't clash with the otherwise fantastic presentation, and some small things for authenticity sake like the character remaining on screen if they are there, writing the date and time when entering a room to signal to the player something changed, dialogue options. Really small things that, were they not changed, wouldn't detract from the experience in any way, but it specially annoys me because the demo is filled with small details like how sprite change during dialogue, lip animations, dialogue noises, all of which makes it feel like an Ace Attorney game, were it not for those very minor nitpicks. Again, these things are inconsequential, feel free to ignore me. If the game were to release without any of these changes I wouldn't utter a single complain, but some of these details could be easily polished, I would feel terrible if I didn't at least point them out.

I cannot overstate how hyped I am to see the game develop further!
Hello, I'm glad you like it, and thanks for the nitpicks!

• The music is a ballache to fix because of the fact that most tracks have an intro and then a loop. It makes it difficult to play in Renpy without some custom code. It's on the list though, but not very high up.
  • Menus and Main screen I can and will look into, but will be something that I polish up later when I have more content already released.
  • Having a character remaining on screen is possible and easily achievable, but if I remember correctly that doesn't happen in game? Happy to be corrected though.
  • Could you think of an example in v0.1 where you think I should include the date and time?
  • Also I'll change the line to say "I need Nick to pay for the taxi", rather than drive. ;)

Reactions: CuriousKiyo

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Maybe I should go play Ace Attorney to get some more background info, which game would ya'll recommend? (I believe Ace Attorney is a series?)
undoubtely the first one, like ppl said already, there is the original trilogy on steam

if you like it you will play the rest for sure

CuriousKiyo

Jun 15, 2022
Hello, I'm glad you like it, and thanks for the nitpicks!

• The music is a ballache to fix because of the fact that most tracks have an intro and then a loop. It makes it difficult to play in Renpy without some custom code. It's on the list though, but not very high up.
  • Menus and Main screen I can and will look into, but will be something that I polish up later when I have more content already released.
  • Having a character remaining on screen is possible and easily achievable, but if I remember correctly that doesn't happen in game? Happy to be corrected though.
  • Could you think of an example in v0.1 where you think I should include the date and time?
  • Also I'll change the line to say "I need Nick to pay for the taxi", rather than drive. ;)
Always a pleasure to see a developer active in feedback, cheers to you!

Regarding the date and time, for starters, the first time you enter a room on that day, say the foyer, Mike's office, the waiting room and the bathroom should all have the date and time show up. I don't think another place warrants this on the current version, but when a character moves into or out of the place without the player being there is often accompanied with the date and time, also when an event is about to occur due to something the player did. Just something to keep in mind for future updates.

Now, if I may offer some suggestions coming from my very limited experience with ren'py, perhaps you could separate the intro to the song and the looping part into two audio files, queue the looping part for when the intro finishes, then loop it. It's the simplest - albeit very hacky - way I can see of fixing the audio issue. If you have already tried and it didn't work, dismiss my suggestion.

Hope this helps and thanks for the reply!

KamiKazoo

Jul 11, 2017
I am curious (and don't mean to put any pressure on the dev by asking) what the update schedule will be like? Will it be a monthly-ish release window for each build or more of a 'it'll be out when it's out' kind of deal? Again, just asking for curiosity sake.

4.90 star(s) 9 Votes