Mod Ren'Py Mech Academy Multi-Mod [v0.5.14][RiamMar]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
This WT has very strange recommendations: it chooses overly polite or even submissive options (not affecting the game in any way), but when points are given for the choice, the MC turns into a testosterone storm (as in all H-scenes). WT even suggests skipping some H-scenes, despite the fact that they do not lead to any negative consequences.

It feels like the modder wanted to roleplay as a schoolgirl trapped in Rambo’s body.

I don't understand why make recommendations at all if they don't affect anything. Well, except for the cognitive dissonance from the abrupt change in mood of the MC.

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
This WT has very strange recommendations: it chooses overly polite or even submissive options (not affecting the game in any way), but when points are given for the choice, the MC turns into a testosterone storm (as in all H-scenes). WT even suggests skipping some H-scenes, despite the fact that they do not lead to any negative consequences.

It feels like the modder wanted to roleplay as a schoolgirl trapped in Rambo’s body.

I don't understand why make recommendations at all if they don't affect anything. Well, except for the cognitive dissonance from the abrupt change in mood of the MC.
The WT recommends the affection route for the characters. That's my preference, that's how it is in all my WT mods. Good guy / love / schoolgirl route will always be the main recommendations. Some other games, where the choices for the other route are actually there and not just some flavour text, it will explore those routes more closely.

In addition to the recommendations, the WT shows you where to save to unlock a scene that's not on the affection route per se, so that one can load to continue with the affection route after unlocking the scene.

In addition to that, the WT shows you all changes in Affection and Antipathy, so that you could go the Antipathy route if you don't feel like roleplaying a schoolgirl.

It is a matter of fact, that I often fantasize roleplaying a schoolgirl, but sadly I'm an old fat fuck and all costume explodes into shreds on pressing myself into them.

Ladybeard and Hideaki Kobayashi, the only idols I ever need!

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
we can use last version save , right? thanks
In theory yes. I had trouble with one of my saves. But saves from early 0.5.10 should work fine.
I think it was the "end of version" save that broke, which is why I usually scroll back a few lines of dialogue before saving, but didn't do so the last time. :-/
Basically, the usual Ren'Py "can't find a point to rollback to" problem, not a mod problem.

Vaftrudner

May 19, 2022
For some reason it seems the mod stops working from ch2 scene 10 (in the infirmary) i get no choice guiding in there or the scene after with Mei in the hallway.
Even tried with a clean "install" and the mod.

Update: i got a choice help in the scene adter though.

Reactions: pitao

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
For some reason it seems the mod stops working from ch2 scene 10 (in the infirmary) i get no choice guiding in there or the scene after with Mei in the hallway.
Even tried with a clean "install" and the mod.

Update: i got a choice help in the scene adter though.
Hmmmm, I'll check that out. Thanks for the report.

pitao

May 18, 2023
Mod is updated and should show the missing choice recommendations.
Just a minor thing, just so you be aware. The fixed mod from yesterday have the "wrong" version name file (at least from GoFile where I got it). Says v0.5.10 instead of v0.5.14. Its just the name not any critical issue but may confuse some people :LOL:. I corrected the mod name file myself hehe as I usually keep the last mod version in all games I play.
Yeah I came to the thread right after play those scenes in the infirmary, thought weird it didn't had recommendation choices (anyway I usually explore all the options when there is lewd scenes ahead and then continue the game with the "good boy" choices haha) but then as usual I read last posts just to check if was reported already, but since last post was yours with a fix I just DLed and installed the new one.

Thanks for the awesome mod RiamMar, as usual they are very good like in MyDorm, TFS and others.

Edit : Again just a minor thing, the scene have recommendations now but the option to trigger them is still without (well I know that is almost self explanatory that staying in the infirmary leads to something but a few may miss it :LOL: ). I'll add the render.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit2 : I know and read the main game thread reviews and a few posts that this game have a bit of mixed reviews and probably I should post this there instead but here it goes. Mostly about how the MC behaves like a meathead misogynistic asshole and that the humor is many times over the top lol yeah I kind of agree it is still imo very fun and funny to watch specially because you can make him grow and more opportunities for character development (I'm still in episode 2).
But the scene in episode 1 when he drinks the blue liquid in his room I simply had a really hard hysterical laugh attack, man I love silly games when they make me react like this, it was all the silly dialogue in the scenes before, the things that came out of his and others mouth, I was already giggling like a little girl :LOL: I even had to stop playing for like half an hour:ROFLMAO:.
I think only AVNs like Projekt Passion and a few times while playing Eternum or MBIML made me react like that. Well I love silly games and humor I guess and sci-fi and fantasy games/movies/tv shows are the best genres for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Just a minor thing, just so you be aware. The fixed mod from yesterday have the "wrong" version name file (at least from GoFile where I got it). Says v0.5.10 instead of v0.5.14. Its just the name not any critical issue but may confuse some people :LOL:. I corrected the mod name file myself hehe as I usually keep the last mod version in all games I play.
Yeah I came to the thread right after play those scenes in the infirmary, thought weird it didn't had recommendation choices (anyway I usually explore all the options when there is lewd scenes ahead and then continue the game with the "good boy" choices haha) but then as usual I read last posts just to check if was reported already, but since last post was yours with a fix I just DLed and installed the new one.

Thanks for the awesome mod RiamMar, as usual they are very good like in MyDorm, TFS and others.

Edit : Again just a minor thing, the scene have recommendations now but the option to trigger them is still without (well I know that is almost self explanatory that staying in the infirmary leads to something but a few may miss it :LOL: ). I'll add the render.
Ooookay, thanks for the update and compliment. But... That is 100% the not fixed mod :D
I'll check what I mixed up or if I did miss something else.

Edit: I think, I fixed it in the mods dev folder and then replaced it with the mod folder from the game...
po-facepalm.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Checked all of chapter 2. Named the fix sc2 for some reason...
oh-no.gif

If in scene* 3+ are any more missing choices, please let me know.

* I mean chapter, of course!

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Edit2 : I know and read the main game thread reviews and a few posts that this game have a bit of mixed reviews and probably I should post this there instead but here it goes. Mostly about how the MC behaves like a meathead misogynistic asshole and that the humor is many times over the top lol yeah I kind of agree it is still imo very fun and funny to watch specially because you can make him grow and more opportunities for character development (I'm still in episode 2).
But the scene in episode 1 when he drinks the blue liquid in his room I simply had a really hard hysterical laugh attack, man I love silly games when they make me react like this, it was all the silly dialogue in the scenes before, the things that came out of his and others mouth, I was already giggling like a little girl :LOL: I even had to stop playing for like half an hour:ROFLMAO:.
I think only AVNs like Projekt Passion and a few times while playing Eternum or MBIML made me react like that. Well I love silly games and humor I guess and sci-fi and fantasy games/movies/tv shows are the best genres for it.
Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure about this game in the beginning, but if one can distance oneself and see it as a exaggerated parody... I had a few laughs and giggles myself.
But that's also why I really like the option to basically play the mys. meatheadded ahole but then make choices that show he actually cares about the girls.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes