Mod Ren'Py Mech Academy Multi-Mod [v0.5.17.1][RiamMar]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Hi RM...is there a way to disable the UI section of your mod (textbox used)? I have my own custom bottom shaded textbox that I use for all the title's I play, and your mod prevents any override from happening. (Loading the default textbox)

I have included a copy of it in this post, and if possible could you please consider adding it to your mod as a choice of textbox? (Also when a title uses a much larger size textbox size, I just adjust the dimensions using site.

Regards.

screenshot0002.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Hi RM...is there a way to disable the UI section of your mod (textbox used)? I have my own custom bottom shaded textbox that I use for all the title's I play, and your mod prevents any override from happening. (Loading the default textbox)

I have included a copy of it in this post, and if possible could you please consider adding it to your mod as a choice of textbox? (Also when a title uses a much larger size textbox size, I just adjust the dimensions using site.

Regards.

View attachment 3979114
The textbox override is mod\screens\say.rpy

I wanted to post a quick hack with your textbox image but then just added the option to the UI settings to switch it, as you suggested.

I took your pic and made it 1px wide, since it's just a repeating pattern? Saves about 240kB.
If it's not just a "simple" vertical gradiant, replace the "mod\images\textbox.png" and let me know, so I can re-replace it with the bigger image in the next update.

You will need to yank up the opacity to max. Preview won't show the alternative background.

Files are updated in OP, additionally find the archive attached.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Great mod, wish it had feature to move text to center as well, it really annoy me text being on the left side instead of center. Even with taking width to last bar it's still not centered and it's quite annoying to me, to be honest.

Last edited:

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Great mod, wish it had feature to move text to center as well, it really annoy me text being on the left side instead of center. Even with taking width to last bar it's still not centered and it's quite annoying to me, to be honest.
You can reduce the width of the textbox (and increase the textbox height) to your liking (from 990px up to full width), making the textbox more "centered".
The scrollbar on the side is a bit tiny... Might need to change that. :D

Screenshot 2024-08-29 233141.png

Reactions: pitao

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
You can reduce the width of the textbox (and increase the textbox height) to your liking (from 990px up to full width), making the textbox more "centered".
The scrollbar on the side is a bit tiny... Might need to change that. :D

View attachment 3980487

As I already told '' Even with taking width to last bar it's still not centered'' sorry for my paint skills, but as you can see this is not centered for real, even with the max settings you give it's still closer to left side as it can be clearly seen, and it's disturbing :D
Screenshot_4.jpg

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
As I already told '' Even with taking width to last bar it's still not centered'' sorry for my paint skills, but as you can see this is not centered for real, even with the max settings you give it's still closer to left side as it can be clearly seen, and it's disturbing :D
View attachment 3980590
Ah, I see. You want everything "true center". So that the middle of the text is in the middle of the screen.
I will see if I can get that in. Shouldn't be too hard.

You're screenshot is a bit misleading though, to what the textbox with is, since the text isn't filling the whole with of the textbox. I made a quick mesurement and if the box is full, the left side is actually 50 or 60 pixel to wide? So it has a bit of a jank to the right.
Anyway, as I said, I'll probably add a "true text center" option soon™. Just remind me if my brain tries to forget about it :ROFLMAO:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: RandyPhoenix
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes