Mod Ren'Py Mech Academy Multi-Mod [v0.5.10.1][RiamMar]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sony676

Mar 14, 2021
RiamMar
No matter which scene I try to open in replay gallery, this occurs. Tried also adding the fix.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 167, in script
    jump expression _in_replay
ScriptError: could not find label 'cap_05_05_elara_sex'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "E:\Renpy\MechAcademy-0.5.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "E:\Renpy\MechAcademy-0.5.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Mech Academy 0.5.3
Tue May 28 18:49:13 2024

Reactions: Nathaniel Hammer

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
RiamMar
No matter which scene I try to open in replay gallery, this occurs. Tried also adding the fix.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "E:\Renpy\MechAcademy-0.5.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "E:\Renpy\MechAcademy-0.5.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Mech Academy 0.5.3
Tue May 28 18:49:13 2024
Lately the game gallery shows future scenes already. The game ends with cap_5_3 (same as the version number).

The gallery is not part of the mod. So the only thing I can do is tell you, that the "Mei Shower Scene" is the last scene currently available. :-/

Edit: Yeah, that's a different "%" error. With this one, the "could not find label" is the one that counts. :-|

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
RiamMar would you please update the Mod for version 0.5.3.1?
There should be only one choice with a walkthrough in 0.5.3 and that's "sex or no sex". Not sure if the bug fix is anything that needs a mod update. Will have a look tomorrow, since I'm dead right now after sitting at a polling station the whole day.

Edit:
Just had a quick look. The line numbers are still the same for the choices, so the WT should work fine with v0.5.3.1.
Please let me know if there's an issue, so I can have a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: babaex

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Updated, but untested.
That means, the links should go to the updated files but I will update the thread, when I get back home and had time to test the mod. (eta 1-2 hours)

The dev accidentally overwrote the English translation with Spanish, to fix, deleting the folder game/tl/ESP should fix the issue.
Alternatively, wait a few minutes for my TL fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Call of Booty

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
TL fix is up and ready to download. (See post above for details)

Reactions: jasad

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I translated the game into Portuguese with the built-in mod but in the options that should appear "recommended" does not appear
The mod needs the Italien (generally, the original, unmodified*) rpy files in the "game/script/cap_0X". If you translated those files, you would need to also translate the choices in "game/mod/walkthrough/choices/cap_0X".

My mod files look like this:
Python:
init 10 python:
    modCore.addGeneralInfo ({
        "cap_05_sc_06" : {
            30 : {
                "(Voglio scoparla)" :  { 0 : { "color" : 1, "value" : _("Recommended") } },
            },
            68 : {
                "(Mi siederò a meditare)" :  { 0 : { "color" : 1, "value" : _("Recommended") } },
            },
            106 : {
                "(Mi concentrerò sul suo respiro)" :  { 0 : { "color" : 1, "value" : _("Recommended") } },
            },
        }
    })
You see the line numbers 30, 68 and 106 and the text of the choice in the next line. (There can be multiple of those lines per line number, if multiple choices need additional info.)
Those choices would need to be Portuguese as well, if you translated above mentioned script files.

Other files will have a similar construct in them, that is for the +/- affection rating. Looks a bit different but the "targeting" part is the same.

Hope that helps.

* mostly, the line numbers of the "menu:" tag and choice text must match.

Feb 7, 2022
The mod needs the Italien (generally, the original, unmodified*) rpy files in the "game/script/cap_0X". If you translated those files, you would need to also translate the choices in "game/mod/walkthrough/choices/cap_0X".

My mod files look like this:
Python:
init 10 python:
    modCore.addGeneralInfo ({
        "cap_05_sc_06" : {
            30 : {
                "(Voglio scoparla)" :  { 0 : { "color" : 1, "value" : _("Recommended") } },
            },
            68 : {
                "(Mi siederò a meditare)" :  { 0 : { "color" : 1, "value" : _("Recommended") } },
            },
            106 : {
                "(Mi concentrerò sul suo respiro)" :  { 0 : { "color" : 1, "value" : _("Recommended") } },
            },
        }
    })
You see the line numbers 30, 68 and 106 and the text of the choice in the next line. (There can be multiple of those lines per line number, if multiple choices need additional info.)
Those choices would need to be Portuguese as well, if you translated above mentioned script files.

Other files will have a similar construct in them, that is for the +/- affection rating. Looks a bit different but the "targeting" part is the same.

Hope that helps.

* mostly, the line numbers of the "menu:" tag and choice text must match.
I did the translation based on the original Scripts, I extracted the game, put the mod in and did the translation but the options that were supposed to show "recommended" don't appear.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I did the translation based on the original Scripts, I extracted the game, put the mod in and did the translation but the options that were supposed to show "recommended" don't appear.
Then you will need to edit the mod files I mentioned above as well, since my mod expects the Italian choices in the script.

Feb 7, 2022
Then you will need to edit the mod files I mentioned above as well, since my mod expects the Italian choices in the script.
I think the problem is the program I used to translate, I sent a message to the creator and he said he will test it to see if he can understand why the "recommended" option isn't showing up.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I think the problem is the program I used to translate, I sent a message to the creator and he said he will test it to see if he can understand why the "recommended" option isn't showing up.
(y)
Let me know what came out of it.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
It really was the program, he told me what it was and I adjusted the program script that caused the error of not appearing "recommended" in the choices, thanks for the help and sorry for the inconvenience
You're welcome and no worries! Glad you got the problem solved.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Updated, but untested.
That means, the links should go to the updated files but I will update the thread, when I get back home and had time to test the mod. (eta 1-2 hours)

The dev accidentally overwrote the English translation with Spanish, to fix, deleting the folder game/tl/ESP should fix the issue.
Alternatively, wait a few minutes for my TL fix.
I checked the Mega and Google Drive links. I find the 5.10.0 mod and the TL fix, but neither has the version 5.10.1 mod. Or am I missing something? I wouldn't be surprised as old as I am.

• Haha
Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I checked the Mega and Google Drive links. I find the 5.10.0 mod and the TL fix, but neither has the version 5.10.1 mod. Or am I missing something? I wouldn't be surprised as old as I am.
Yes, the info (v0.5.10 == v0.5.10.1) right next to "Downloads" and the textfile in the download folders
Screenshot 2024-06-24 223320.png

The .1 is only a bugfix that doesn't change anything about the walkthrough/mod. :)

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Yes, the info (v0.5.10 == v0.5.10.1) right next to "Downloads" and the textfile in the download folders
View attachment 3766792

The .1 is only a bugfix that doesn't change anything about the walkthrough/mod. :)
OK Thanks. I was confused by the line in your OP that said
v0.5.10.1 DOES NOT NEED THE TL FIX!
Edit: Was that the game version or the mod?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes